Login

russian armor

Panzer Tactician too strong, prove me wrong.

24 Sep 2018, 21:51 PM

imo it should fire slightly in front of it instead of hosing itself down like a teenage boy in the locker room armed with a can of axe. an arming time or some travel time would be great but a price increase would certainly be nice as well. id like to see it uses as a tactical aid for panzers (like the smoke allied tanks have) instead of a powdered french flag signaling time for a hasty retreat

Legit made me laugh good post.
24 Sep 2018, 22:22 PM

It’s docteinal and you can still use attack ground sometimes. You can also still dive through the smoke with all risks associated. If it was nondoctrinal or made tanks actually invulnerable it’d be a different story but it seems more or less fine to me. Churchills have more or less the same thing as well as a massive health and armor pool, and the M8 Scott also has the same exact thing while being a back line unit and taking three hits to kill. There’s nothing overly unique or overpowered to justify panzer tactician being anything unusual.
25 Sep 2018, 01:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

OP is right. Panzer tactician is strong. But strong doesn't necessarily mean overpowered or that it requires a change.

If you put a gun on my head and force me to change something i'll just make it so you can't use both smoke and blitzkrieg at the same time.
25 Sep 2018, 05:01 AM

Axis : [Dives in with a vehicle, HP reduced to ~20%, Allied vehicles or AT infantry gets ready for another salvo. Pops smoke and drives away. Allied players try to chase it down but are instantly forced back by mass Axis concentrations of support weapons and infantry]

Allies : [Dives in with a vehicle, HP reduced to ~20%, attempts to pop smoke, dies from concentrated AT fire before the smoke even pops out].

Axis don't even have to try to kill an Allied tank or even avoid losing a vehicle...
25 Sep 2018, 07:50 AM

OP is right. Panzer tactician is strong. But strong doesn't necessarily mean overpowered or that it requires a change.

If you put a gun on my head and force me to change something i'll just make it so you can't use both smoke and blitzkrieg at the same time.

A shared cooldown would make sense to me. If anything its just dull knowing that the majority of axis armour you encounter is going to start vomiting smoke at some point during the encounter.

If reverse speed existed in this game then I think it would mitigate/negate so many issues. As it stands at the moment, armour gets into trouble and belches smoke while reversing in blitz faster than allied tanks can pursue.
25 Sep 2018, 09:36 AM

Although the title of this thread has some rhyme, it is pretty bad.

I would suggest that if you want make a claim support it with arguments and do not taunt others prove the opposite.
25 Sep 2018, 10:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 09:36 AMVipper
Although the title of this thread has some rhyme, it is pretty bad.

I would suggest that if you want make a claim support it other and do not taunt others prove the opposite.

It's actually a title based off a youtubers series where you sit down and change his mind on particular subjects and the discourse is quite polite despite the topics often being very touchy.

But I'll admit, it is.

Panzer Tactician sharing a CD w/ Blitz seems like the best approach so far.

We've already seen cooldown manipulation fix some units, a lot of units that could smoke and nade can't do both anymore as they're on the same timer. I know Shocks can't do both, and I know that most infiltrating units can't spawn out of buildings with their abilities off CD. So it seems like an appropriate way to approach the problem as Blitz is intended as an attacking ability, Smoke as defensive, but when used together at the same time it really makes for frustrating situations. It's hard to feel like you were " out played " when the enemy has access to both of these on all of his vehicles (and some of his lights).
25 Sep 2018, 14:18 PM

Axis : [Dives in with a vehicle, HP reduced to ~20%, Allied vehicles or AT infantry gets ready for another salvo. Pops smoke and drives away. Allied players try to chase it down but are instantly forced back by mass Axis concentrations of support weapons and infantry]

Allies : [Dives in with a vehicle, HP reduced to ~20%, attempts to pop smoke, dies from concentrated AT fire before the smoke even pops out].

Axis don't even have to try to kill an Allied tank or even avoid losing a vehicle...

1. No one dives in with a 20% vehicle.

2. Every side has its unique features. It is like I would suggest to give axis tank crews the same repair ability like USF tanks.

Axis have very expensive tanks and are most outnumbered in tank battles. Allies dive in with a couple of tanks, the ones who are badly damaged drive back and are fast repaired by their own crew, while axis player, who already paid more for the tank, has to build 1-2 addional pios (to have at least 3) to repair at the same level. But axis have still "mass concentration of support weapons and infantry", yeah yeah.

And now you want to take away that smoke solution, which is only in some commanders..
25 Sep 2018, 15:12 PM

On topic…

[youtube]VN0AsfrKUn4?t=30m4s[/youtube] Doesn't work integrating a yt video with timer?

Smoke and Blitz click the link to see the action.

25 Sep 2018, 15:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 14:18 PMLoxley

2. Every side has its unique features. It is like I would suggest to give axis tank crews the same repair ability like USF tanks.

Axis have very expensive tanks and are most outnumbered in tank battles. Allies dive in with a couple of tanks, the ones who are badly damaged drive back and are fast repaired by their own crew, while axis player, who already paid more for the tank, has to build 1-2 addional pios (to have at least 3) to repair at the same level. But axis have still "mass concentration of support weapons and infantry", yeah yeah.

And now you want to take away that smoke solution, which is only in some commanders..

B4 was only in 1 commander, required vet, recon, pre-aiming, a BUTT load of munitions and most importantly: the enemy to allow you to retain your vet and sit still long enough to give you something to shoot at (and then the 4 years of shell travel time) so it was fine? Now it's a meme unit whose vet ability WAS a non vet ability, that costs 90 mu but can still miss...

Edit: also if poor "Axis" has to build multiple pios to repair (psst. Sturms can speed up their repair with an upgrade and have a truck that will repair) what does the Soviet have to do? At least pios have the capability to support and get vet by being armed with bullets and not blanks.
25 Sep 2018, 16:01 PM

B4 was only in 1 commander, required vet, recon, pre-aiming, a BUTT load of munitions and most importantly: the enemy to allow you to retain your vet and sit still long enough to give you something to shoot at (and then the 4 years of shell travel time) so it was fine? Now it's a meme unit whose vet ability WAS a non vet ability, that costs 90 mu but can still miss...

Edit: also if poor "Axis" has to build multiple pios to repair (psst. Sturms can speed up their repair with an upgrade and have a truck that will repair) what does the Soviet have to do? At least pios have the capability to support and get vet by being armed with bullets and not blanks.

Pios are also excellent at scouting with their free extra vision.
25 Sep 2018, 16:58 PM

He is clearly talking about Ostheer regarding the pio's part. And didn't the Soviets have 3 different ways of doctrinal repair? Don't the Soviets have merge that keeps CE with flamers in fights much longer, allowing them to vet up quicker? There's pros and cons for both sides here. The point was that smoke is a faction trait for a faction that has expensive tanks, while other factions have other traits, which I agree with.

Only thing I would ever change about Panzer Tactician is either the deployment time (2-3 second delay before smoke effects kick in) or a shared cooldown with Blitzkrieg ability. And remove the 251's access to it.
25 Sep 2018, 17:02 PM

I'd just stick it in fewer doctrines. Swap it out of Mobile Defence and Elite Troops in favour of the underused Smoke Bombs, and let it be a good reason to take less used doctrines like Blitzkrieg and Spearhead.
25 Sep 2018, 17:04 PM

also if poor "Axis" has to build multiple pios to repair (psst. Sturms can speed up their repair with an upgrade and have a truck that will repair) what does the Soviet have to do?

Since we are talking about doctrinal tank smoke. What about Cons repair kit or self repair for tanks(or Repair Facility)?

At least pios have the capability to support and get vet by being armed with bullets and not blanks.

Don't russian Pios also have flamer?
25 Sep 2018, 19:03 PM

I think the problem is the micro tax is 0 for Panzer Tactician. If you are playing US, you incur extra micro tax to use smoke.
25 Sep 2018, 19:10 PM

I think the problem is the micro tax is 0 for Panzer Tactician. If you are playing US, you incur extra micro tax to use smoke.

There is also a matter of time between click and effect.
For USF its good couple of seconds before launchers get the smoke to where it needs to be, same with cromwell smoke, PT however is instant and on the tank.
25 Sep 2018, 19:39 PM

On it's own it's just a good ability

but the issue is it's in half the doctrines like mobile defence and stuff with a tiger and stuka attack. The power of panic puma, command tank AND panzer smoke for all vehicles is a bit silly.

It's like putting mark target in a doctrine with IS-2 and windustry repair stations all in one package
25 Sep 2018, 20:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 14:18 PMLoxley

And you came to that conclusion during your total of 5 allies games over the past 3 years? :o :o

25 Sep 2018, 21:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 19:10 PMKatitof

There is also a matter of time between click and effect.
For USF its good couple of seconds before launchers get the smoke to where it needs to be, same with cromwell smoke, PT however is instant and on the tank.

Most of the time it is simply better to keep driving than try and cover your retreat with the smoke launchers. Although I know they are really intended for offensive purposes.
25 Sep 2018, 22:45 PM

I don't think it's ever going to be touched, Wehr has a lot of over the top stuff that's been unchanged for years, sadly.
It's really funny when their vehicles can blitz on reverse and pop ninja smoke though.

The reverse Blitz makes no sense, and I don't get why it hasn't been removed.

The smoke is by no means "over the top" though. Smoke isn't an invincibility shield. And it affects the user's sight as well. It's a balanced ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★