Login

russian armor

Panzer Tactician too strong, prove me wrong.

24 Sep 2018, 15:56 PM

I think it should add additional micros on the smoke, not a one-button escape tools.

US Sherman/ UK smoke shot need to manually select the position to deploy. Considered the better armor and HP of axis tanks, additional micros to use Panzer Tactician is acceptable.
24 Sep 2018, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2018, 13:04 PMKharn
The squeeky wheels get the grease as they always say, and judging by the numbers more people need to start complaining about allied factions unless you enjoy the search queues going back up to 80-90% axis and 10-20% allies huh? Don't you guys want to have PEOPLE to play against? cause it's slipping back again already.

I don´t really think this is about balance for most people. Balance doesn´t really matter that much due to elo and matchmaking.

I think the main reason why there are usually more people searching as Axis is because Axis have all the "cool" tanks and units and are generally easier to play and less frustrating.
24 Sep 2018, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2018, 15:54 PMTobis

USF and especially UKF were barely used in the tourney. Soviets were used 30% more than USF and UKF combined.

Yeah, and why were they barely used? Because they are trash and people in GCS actually play to win. Which proves my point 100%... Not sure what you are trying to say.
24 Sep 2018, 16:03 PM

OKW vs USF 64%

OKW vs UKF 70%

Ost vs USF 63%

Ost vs UKF 66%

Sov vs Ost 53%

Sov vs. OKW 52%

Sounds like the Soviets-Wehrmacht-OKW matchup is pretty fair at about 50%.

It’s the USF and UKF that are under performing when compared via win rates.

The best course of action is probably to reduce USF and UKF unit and reinforcement costs slightly across the board (ex: Riflemen from 280/28 to 270/27) this will be a gentle buff to US and UK forces without changing the actual way any units interact.

Once again, following my golden rule of balancing, if it over performs, increase its cost, if it under performs, decrease is cost.

As factions as a whole, Wehrmacht and OKW are about even with Soviets while USF am UKF are underperforming, so lower costs slightly across the board for core units from USF and UKF and see what that does to the balance. I think you’d be surprised by how well that can work as a starting point before you start messing with unit stats.
24 Sep 2018, 16:06 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Yeah, and why were they barely used? Because they are trash and people in GCS actually play to win. Which proves my point 100%... Not sure what you are trying to say.

If your point is that a low play rate suggests that theyre trash, then you should have said that. Instead, you used a potentially flawed metric and had that flaw pointed out.
24 Sep 2018, 16:09 PM

Blitzkrieg and Panzer Tactician could be on the same timer so can't be used at the same time.
24 Sep 2018, 16:16 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Because you are implying that Axis are too strong based on those winrates. USF and UKF may be kinda shit but it's not because of Axis. Panzer tactician is fine.
24 Sep 2018, 17:41 PM

I wish I could insert some nice words here for you tobis.

You should know what else is fine if panzer tactician is.

Also the winrates are really ambiguous, leaves absolutely no room to show a clear unbalance between faction.

USF is blatantly shit in 1v1.

Like I said, there always going to be morons(not you eh) showing off stats when it's completely irrelevant to the current topic.

Panzer Tactician would only be fine if it required actual micromanaging either in reaction time or ammunitions.
It doesn't penalize you for either, it's a card you can pull out at anytime whenever you should be losing a tank for any reason this is.

it's hard enough to kill german tanks in this game on top of that you give them an ability to escape an engagement they are losing with 0 consequence or effort put in, this is not balanced.

24 Sep 2018, 17:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2018, 16:09 PMEsxile
Blitzkrieg and Panzer Tactician could be on the same timer so can't be used at the same time.

This seems like a sensible solution.

They already said they did not like Blitz being used as a defensive measure, which is why it buffs RoF (doesn't it?) and offers less speed as it's designed to be an attack feature not a retreat feature.

So tying them on he same timer would also allow other players to work the attack ground feature properly as it's additional micro to grab your AT gun and hit attack ground on the viable location compared to " pop smoke and reverse " which has less micro involved.

+1 to this.
24 Sep 2018, 18:16 PM

THe solution is already there in every faction.
Either increase the cost or put a delay on it, I don't see whats so hard about this, so that players who chose to use panzer tactician have to commit to that choice, not simply pull a middle finger on somebody who had to play carefully in an engagement to win.

If you want to escape? You commit to that choice, you don't wait for the last second to save yourself.

We all had that situation where panzer tactician didn't only save a panzer but even let the axis player win the engagement at the last moment.
Can you imagine having to manage and prepare for a battle and lose it because of a gimmick all that effort going to waste because that one commander lets you press a button to pull out a smoke screen instantly?

Some other morons also tell you that you should use ground attack...Thanks genius.
The thing is that the problem relies on reaction and micromanagement, anything can happen in that short period of time where a smoke is used to cover your tank.
24 Sep 2018, 18:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2018, 18:16 PMCresc
THe solution is already there in every faction.
Either increase the cost or put a delay on it, I don't see whats so hard about this, so that players who chose to use panzer tactician have to commit to that choice, not simply pull a middle finger on somebody who had to play carefully in an engagement to win.

If you want to escape? You commit to that choice, you don't wait for the last second to save yourself.

We all had that situation where panzer tactician didn't only save a panzer but even let the axis player win the engagement at the last moment.
Can you imagine having to manage and prepare for a battle and lose it because of a gimmick all that effort going to waste because that one commander lets you press a button to pull out a smoke screen instantly?

Some other morons also tell you that you should use ground attack...Thanks genius.
The thing is that the problem relies on reaction and micromanagement, anything can happen in that short period of time where a smoke is used to cover your tank.

Also keep in mind attack ground is not going to work that well. Units have a target size and that helps with accuracy, I'm not sure how ground attacks work but they miss an awful lot. Sure it feels good when you land it.. but yeah..

I've had countless moments where Panzer Tactician lets tanks stay longer to inflict far more damage than if they didn't have it. All the allied variants for smoke suck ass.
24 Sep 2018, 18:39 PM

On average axis tanks have more armor than allied tanks and yet they need the survivability buff of the smoke combined with Blitz to do what?

On average they also cost more

ram, a sacrificial lamb to take out an axis tank and even if it meant a suicidal attempt on the Soviet side of things the ram was nerfed so hard it's almost never used now. Sure, it was very powerful but nerfing something to the point it isn't viable anymore is just sad and ruins the asymmetrical goal of this game.

So are we now complaining about Tank smoke on axis vehicles or about T 34 ram ability not being able to kill tanks?

and judging by the numbers more people need to start complaining about allied factions unless you enjoy the search queues going back up to 80-90% axis and 10-20% allies huh?

Nothing against a justified complaint but complaining just to complain in order to switch the search ratio to the other side doesn't sound that nice to me.

I've been training a friend up to be viable at coh2, but his frustration with pop smoke has him begging me to queue as axis instead because he always finds the Wehr a far more reliable, solid faction that he can depend on.

I mean it is not like SU performs better than both, OKW and OST...
What I mostly do in order to counter pop-smoke is "hit the ground", AT nades or to chase him down with a tank.

24 Sep 2018, 18:48 PM

I love it when you spend these 40ap in a useless ability like button and it just cancels when the smoke is pulled out.
24 Sep 2018, 18:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2018, 18:48 PMCresc
I love it when you spend these 40ap in a useless ability like button and it just cancels when the smoke is pulled out.

Button, Mark target. Then the tank just smokes and gets the fuck out of dodge!
24 Sep 2018, 18:56 PM

On average they also cost more

So are we now complaining about Tank smoke on axis vehicles or about T 34 ram ability not being able to kill tanks?

Nothing against a justified complaint but complaining just to complain in order to switch the search ratio to the other side doesn't sound that nice to me.

I mean it is not like SU performs better than both, OKW and OST...
What I mostly do in order to counter pop-smoke is "hit the ground", AT nades or to chase him down with a tank.

Throw your playercard up and we'll see how often you hit the ground.

24 Sep 2018, 19:01 PM

i am a USF player but i have to agree that the ability panzer tactician are from commadner they should be useful its like shemran smoke screen and sherman can kill and escape and then laugh XD my point is that they must go for a commander its fine
24 Sep 2018, 19:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2018, 18:56 PMKharn

Throw your playercard up and we'll see how often you hit the ground.

Apart from the fact that my rank has nothing to do with the accuracy of "hit the ground" ... more often than you play Axis in 1 vs 1, that's for sure.

Here you go
24 Sep 2018, 19:30 PM

Apart from the fact that my rank has nothing to do with the accuracy of "hit the ground" ... more often than you play Axis in 1 vs 1, that's for sure.

Here you go

Yeah I'm afraid I played 2v2 mostly, over 300 games as axis, and 500 as allies in 2v2 alone. But sure, lets pick out the 1v1 mode!

Hit the ground, I thought you meant Hit the Dirt... so you were referring to Attack Ground command.

Blitz and Smoke make it hard to get a tank w/ AT nades as its zooming out of conscript AT nade range, USF nades take forever to load and thankfully the UKF have no non-doctrinal AT grenades for us to discuss.

24 Sep 2018, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2018, 19:30 PMKharn

Yeah I'm afraid I played 2v2 mostly, over 300 games as axis, and 500 as allies in 2v2 alone. But sure, lets pick out the 1v1 mode!

I am not the kind of guy who says "hurr durr you only played "X" matches in this mode or only have rank "X" in that mode (as long the other guy has at least played 2 vs 2 and acutally has played the fraction hes talking about) but since you started with the Playercard stuff ... . But whatever.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2018, 19:30 PMKharn

Blitz and Smoke make it hard to get a tank w/ AT nades as its zooming out of conscript AT nade range, have no non-doctrinal AT grenades for us to discuss.

1. Russian AT nades can be used through smoke(and if he is using blitz + smoke then he is spending a decent amount of ammo which will lack him later)
2. UKF will get AT nades for infantry next patch.
24 Sep 2018, 20:33 PM

imo it should fire slightly in front of it instead of hosing itself down like a teenage boy in the locker room armed with a can of axe. an arming time or some travel time would be great but a price increase would certainly be nice as well. id like to see it uses as a tactical aid for panzers (like the smoke allied tanks have) instead of a powdered french flag signaling time for a hasty retreat
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★