Login

russian armor

Universal Carrier vs Volks

21 Sep 2018, 14:38 PM

really? you bring kubel in this tread to usf rilfes? You know that kubels armor is from paper and every shot pene it? you dont need a faust. UC...has much more armor and will survive muuuuch longer under small arms fire.
22 Sep 2018, 17:59 PM

isnt it the same with riflemen and kubel ?

Did you just really put Kübel on same level as UC?
*Insert coin to try again*

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2018, 13:00 PMKatitof

Rifles do not start with AT nades and are helpless against lights until vet1.

Till the OKW player has set up T2/T1 the USF player should have at least one Vet 1 unit. And since the only LV which OKW can put on the field before the enemy gets other AT weapons like AT guns or bazookas is a Kübel I don't quite understand your problem.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2018, 13:00 PMKatitof

OKW still has ability to get puppchen out.

Oh boy. I sure like sacrificing my 3rd Volks squad and thus losing map control just to be able to fire a single shot 10 meters next to my enemies LV.
22 Sep 2018, 18:10 PM

Oh boy. I sure like sacrificing my 3rd Volks squad and thus losing map control just to be able to fire a single shot 10 meters next to my enemies LV.

That's not argument, that's noob excuse.

If you need a counter to a unit, you build it, especially if you have it unlocked right from the start.

You not building AT weapon vs vehicle when you can is 100% on you.

And guess what?
If you kill that M3, you have a free capping unit, already present deterrent for him to make next light vehicle as it'll have no shock value anymore and he doesn't have his LV and fuel, giving YOU the unit advantage.

OKW is in perfect situation here, if you complain, you do it purely for the sake of complaining.
22 Sep 2018, 18:17 PM

Did you just really put Kübel on same level as UC?
*Insert coin to try again*

Kubel cost 10 more helath yeah but right now before the patch it has already an MG that is amazing long range and can harass infrnatry and most important it non commander if you go wc51 you already commited to the doc and enemy knows what you have and yes if you go WC51 you sacrifice a 3 rifle too and OKW gets raketen too and coutners it or goes still 3 volks and then raketen
22 Sep 2018, 18:45 PM

Kubel cost 10 more helath

???

yeah but right now before the patch it has already an MG that

UC has an MG too and can be upgraded with Flamethrower or Vickers-K.

is amazing long range and can harass infrnatry

Are you just really implying that Kübles MG is good against Infantry ?

and most important it non commander if you go wc51 you already commited to the doc and enemy knows what you have

WC51 is way better than Küble and UC is also Non-Doc.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2018, 18:10 PMKatitof

That's not argument, that's noob excuse.

Why? Raketen misses quite often and isn't one shot for Vehicles thus allowing your enemy to escape even if you hit.

If you need a counter to a unit, you build it, especially if you have it unlocked right from the start.

The thing is that the OKW player needs a 270 MP unit to have even the chance of countering a 260 unit. And since raketen comes as a reaction on UC it comes way later than it and in this time UC is able to push you around. And while you get Raketen your enemy can get another IS on the field which results in you having less AI units on the field than him (SP + 2 Volks vs. UC + 3 IS)

And guess what?
If you kill that M3

IF. You need to hit him. And not only once (and who was talking about M3?)

he doesn't have his LV and fuel

UC costs no fuel.

giving YOU the unit advantage.

So I have unit "advantage" when killing my enemys LV. What is your point?

22 Sep 2018, 19:16 PM

???

i meant to say Kubel costs 10 manpower more than wc51 but for UC it got armour nerf its has now half armour isnt it already enough? i mean UKF really needs thows infratry sections if UC they will lack capping and infrantry rushing building
22 Sep 2018, 19:23 PM

So I have unit "advantage" when killing my enemys LV. What is your point?

If you don't understand what having better field and therefore capping presence in early game does for you in CoH2, then I don't think you should be in balance part of the forum.

Feel free to go there:
https://www.coh2.org/forum/2/state-office

And learn more about the game before coming back here.
22 Sep 2018, 19:42 PM

I find the Vickers Upgrade much better than the Flame Thrower even before it was nerfed last patch.

Also, the UC currently a bulk of UKFs early game presence so if you destroy it early then it will hurt him greatly. Similarly OKW revolves a lot around mid-late game raken play, so getting one early doesnt hurt too bad if you can get/neutralize the early UC since you'll need it later anyways.

It also wont affect map presence too bad against UKF considering how slow UKF is at getting its units out in the beginning of the match compared to OKW. Going like 3 volks then a rak shouldn't set you too far back.
22 Sep 2018, 20:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2018, 19:23 PMKatitof

If you don't understand what having better field and therefore capping presence in early game does for you in CoH2, then I don't think you should be in balance part of the forum.

What I wanted to say is: The same logic could be applied the other way around. Your raketen kills his LV -> you have unit "advantage". His LV kills your Volks/SP -> he has unit advantage

You act like gaining unit advantage when killing UC/M3 with Raketen is something special.

And if you do not understand what having more AI capabilities than your enemy in early game does for you in CoH2, then I advise you to play some more games so you actually get some real game experience and not only your forum one.

but for UC it got armour nerf its has now half armour isnt it already enough?

Universal Carrier
• Front armor reduced from 10 to 7
• Rear armor reduced from 5 to 4.1

"Half". And its armor is still thick enough to withstand rifle fire for long time ... unlike Kübel.

i mean UKF really needs thows infratry sections if UC they will lack capping and infrantry rushing building

And if OKW needs to get raketen and looses troops to the UC it doesn't lack anything?

22 Sep 2018, 20:17 PM

What I wanted to say is: The same logic could be applied the other way around. Your raketen kills his LV -> you have unit "advantage". His LV kills your Volks/SP -> he has unit advantage

You act like gaining unit advantage when killing UC/M3 with Raketen is something special.

And if you do not understand what having more AI capabilities than your enemy in early game does for you in CoH2, then I advise you to play some more games so you actually get some real game experience and not only your forum one.

I don't see what you struggle to understand here.

Kill his unit easily with the tools you have before he is allowed to roam long enough to kill yours.

That's literally RTS for dummies here at this point.
22 Sep 2018, 20:27 PM

Universal Carrier
• Front armor reduced from 10 to 7
• Rear armor reduced from 5 to 4.1

"Half". And its armor is still thick enough to withstand rifle fire for long time ... unlike Kübel.

And if OKW needs to get raketen and looses troops to the UC it doesn't lack anything?

Oh ok i didnt remember about the stats but yeah the armour is the highest from kubel and wc51 but what if you keep the UC at bay with 1 raketen the UC will be waste of mp
22 Sep 2018, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2018, 20:17 PMKatitof

Kill his unit easily

You know that we talk about raketen?

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2018, 20:17 PMKatitof
with the tools you have before he is allowed to roam long enough to kill yours.

You won't have Raketen at the same time as he gets UC therefore he will have the time to "roam long enough to kill" your units.

but what if you keep the UC at bay with 1 raketen the UC will be waste of mp

Only works if you have Raketen. So there will be a time where UC is more or less unstoppable. And just because there is one raketen on the field it doesn't mean you can't use your UC. Look at 222, Flame HT, Clowcar + Pios f.e. . Even if the enemy has a AT gun on the field they are still usefull. Same goes for UC.
22 Sep 2018, 20:41 PM

I'll try to explain Katitof's point in another way.

Say the UKF player has a choice between two builds.
» 3x Infantry Section, 1x Universal Carrier
» 4x Infantry Section

The OKW player also has a choice between two builds.
» 1x Sturmpioneer, 3x Volksgrenadier
» 1x Sturmpioneer, 2x Volksgrenadier, 1x Raketenwerfer

If you build the Raketenwerfer and blow up their UC, you're a squad up. They've got three squads, you've got three squads and a Raketenwerfer.
22 Sep 2018, 20:49 PM

You won't have Raketen at the same time as he gets UC therefore he will have the time to "roam long enough to kill" your units.

Considering there is no tech barrier between the UC and the Raken there isnt a very large period where he can run free. I dont know many people who would go first unit UC so that makes the gap even shorter. UC also doesn't reach its full potential until it gets its vickers upgrade which takes a while and by then if you did go raken before teching you should have it out.

Also a early Raken isn't always a bad purchase since the inevitable AEC comes out pretty quick and you'll need the Raken for it anyways.
22 Sep 2018, 23:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2018, 20:41 PMLago

I'll try to explain Katitof's point in another way.

If you build the Raketenwerfer and blow up their UC, you're a squad up. They've got three squads, you've got three squads and a Raketenwerfer.

I got what Katitof wanted to say. I only wanted to point out that the same works the other way around too. You loose a unit to UC, enemy is a squad up.

Considering there is no tech barrier between the UC and the Raken there isnt a very large period where he can run free. I dont know many people who would go first unit UC so that makes the gap even shorter.

Just because they are both in the same tech it doesn't mean that they come around the same time.
Raketen gets build as a reaction on UC and thus you need to wait till you have the manpower for it, till its building process is finished and till it reaches the front line. This takes a while

23 Sep 2018, 08:24 AM

I got what Katitof wanted to say. I only wanted to point out that the same works the other way around too. You loose a unit to UC, enemy is a squad up.

If a Universal Carrier is wiping your squads you're leaving it far too late to retreat.
23 Sep 2018, 09:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2018, 08:24 AMLago

If a Universal Carrier is wiping your squads you're leaving it far too late to retreat.

Uc was just an example but nevertheless the UC can be used to kill infantry, just as raketen can be used to kill LVs. And as you pointed out you have to fall back, and thus losing map control, when you don't want to get your troops wiped(or bleed too much).
23 Sep 2018, 10:08 AM

Uc was just an example but nevertheless the UC can be used to kill infantry, just as raketen can be used to kill LVs. And as you pointed out you have to fall back, and thus losing map control, when you don't want to get your troops wiped(or bleed too much).

You've lost me. Of course the UC can kill infantry. That's literally what it's for.
23 Sep 2018, 10:38 AM

UC can't really wipe infantry unless you mess up and if you do it's on you not the UC. You have to pick your fights, retreat if needed not to suffer any bleed. Just avoid it or lure it into Sturms+volks in green cover or into raketen. And you have to get a raketen. Even if it just damages UC 1)he has retreat and spend muni to repair delaying Vickers or flamethrower and making him more cautious winnig time for you 2) or he has to repair with sappers losing map presence for 2 units, either way it's a win-win situation because you can safely cap with raketen and it stays relavant all game long anyway.

OKW player that doesn't use raketen vs UC or clown cars in 99% cases pays dearly for that. Don't be greedy. And after you get fausts UC is not that big of a problem.
23 Sep 2018, 12:48 PM

UC is not really any good vs Ost due to faust and range bullitin. Also now with armour nerf MG42 does a ton of damage to UC even without inc rounds.

It is good vs OKW who refuse to build a rakketen on open maps, it's doubly so against one that builds a kubel. But the pathing on this unit makes it poop on urban maps. the way the vickers and WASP work is you need to be perfectly in line facing the unit it's engaging or it can't fire, this makes the unit a pathing nightmare compared to 222, FHT or luch.

Soviet SC suffers from this too but it's more used as flamer clown cars or a PTRS carrier to kill FHT so it doesn't matter as much.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★