Login

russian armor

Remember Direct Control from Tales of Valor?

13 Sep 2018, 21:00 PM

You could control units more precisely like with a tiger you could move them and then also control their turret rotation with your mouse.

Why did they abandon it?

I have a feeling they wanted to remove skill-based elements to the game to make it more n00b friendly. Kind of like how units auto-move to cover and squad AI is terrible if you have higher micro because you units just stutter and don't fire as you try to position them perfectly.

It's a shame Relic is such a bad developer and doesn't listen to player feedback when it counts. It bled most of the people who bought COH2 and even more with DOW3.
13 Sep 2018, 21:05 PM

Because it was a singular mission gimmick that was not suitable for anything else.
13 Sep 2018, 21:15 PM

Kind of like how units auto-move to cover and squad AI is terrible if you have higher micro because you units just stutter and don't fire as you try to position them perfectly.

COH1 had much worse issues with this considering units would immediately sprint out of cover. Which was super annoying.
17 Sep 2018, 16:17 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Kind of like how units auto-move to cover and squad AI is terrible if you have higher micro because you units just stutter and don't fire as you try to position them perfectly.

Mate, squad-ai has been removed from CoH2 (for a long time) along with the direct control ability. Also, I gotta say, squad-ai isnt bad if done right. It was just annoying in VCoH because there was no delay before it activated, and when it did, the movement range was too high.
17 Sep 2018, 17:18 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2018, 16:17 PMLugie

Mate, squad-ai has been removed from CoH2 (for a long time) along with the direct control ability. Also, I gotta say, squad-ai isnt bad if done right. It was just annoying in VCoH because there was no delay before it activated, and when it did, the movement range was too high.

I have PTSD flashbacks of my cover being destroyed so one model of my squad runs all the way around a wall spanning the whole map.
19 Sep 2018, 18:47 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2018, 17:18 PMTobis

I have PTSD flashbacks of my cover being destroyed so one model of my squad runs all the way around a wall spanning the whole map.

Aye same here. That was bloody annoying, but it doesn't happen as frequently, or at all, in CoH2, since they updated the system to consider directional cover.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★