Login

russian armor

Weapon upgrades for standard infatry squads

21 Nov 2018, 09:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2018, 09:39 AMKatitof

I can't even imagine how incredibly overpowered that would be.

Sorry for the double reply,

But on a serious note, what if conscripts got the penal PTRS package, and Penals(please rename HERO STRELKOVY) Got a weapon upgrade, like the dp-27 to go with svt, but could fire on the move and was locked to tier?

or if not, the real answer to conscripts not being strong enough, is more conscripts.
21 Nov 2018, 10:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2018, 09:45 AMNaOCl

But on a serious note, what if conscripts got the penal PTRS package, and Penals(please rename HERO STRELKOVY) Got a weapon upgrade, like the dp-27 to go with svt, but could fire on the move and was locked to tier?

or if not, the real answer to conscripts not being strong enough, is more conscripts.

Sorry..than one pls explain me why volks gets schreck nerf (delete) when now all other mainlain infatery from allies get the same abilty: blobb it with some handheld AT and run arround and deal with all targets.

Why was it to op on volks..while all other allies get the same (even better) possibilty?

21 Nov 2018, 10:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2018, 09:45 AMNaOCl

I generally think Penal should be removed from T1 and be an osttruppen analog. And share responsibilities between other units:
- engineers give PPSH-41.
- rename conscripts in the rifle squad,replace the PPSH-41 upgrade with two DP-27.
- Guard give SVT-40 and Lend-Lease Bazuka.
21 Nov 2018, 10:08 AM

Sorry..than one pls explain me why volks gets schreck nerf (delete) when now all other mainlain infatery from allies get the same abilty: blobb it with some handheld AT and run arround and deal with all targets.

Why was it to op on volks..while all other allies get the same (even better) possibilty?

I think you might be mistaken, sturmpioner has panzershrek, volksgrenadier has panzerfaust.

You cant really blob sturmpioner, they have too much reinforce.

*edit* also, Shrecks go BOOM, PTRS dont.
21 Nov 2018, 10:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2018, 10:08 AMNaOCl

I think you might be mistaken, sturmpioner has panzershrek, volksgrenadier has panzerfaust.

You cant really blob sturmpioner, they have too much reinforce.

*edit* also, Shrecks go BOOM, PTRS dont.

There was a time back in my day where u could upgrade volks with a single schreck.

thats right with the stpio...thats why okw has no prober handheld AT solution...u need the awefull rakten or puma/ other tanks to stop armor.
21 Nov 2018, 10:51 AM

It is funny to see how russians still have problems with flavour of Soviet faction, namely - conscripts and penals instead of normal soldiers like other nations have. All these years since outrage on game launch.

On topic - is it only me who is tired of lazy upgrades that have no alternative AND give no downsides?

All this stuff about giving DP-28 to Conscripts coming up all the time. Don't you feel like it would be... boring?
21 Nov 2018, 11:23 AM

It is funny to see how russians still have problems with flavour of Soviet faction, namely - conscripts and penals instead of normal soldiers like other nations have. All these years since outrage on game launch.

On topic - is it only me who is tired of lazy upgrades that have no alternative AND give no downsides?

All this stuff about giving DP-28 to Conscripts coming up all the time. Don't you feel like it would be... boring?

Yes it is very stupid:
- Conscripts, all armies of the world in the Second World War had a conscript system. Why are the Grenadiers not called conscripts? because they can also be conscripts. In the USSR existed term - rifle troops, so called infantry troops in the USSR. In the USSR, people walked in large numbers by volunteers to the front. Why do we not have a volunteer infantry squad?
- Penal troops, why only the USSR has penal troops? When the Germans had the Penals and they made the first penalty units. 1% of German and Soviet troops was Penal troops - but they are the main unit.

Having two parallel main starting infantry units is a stupid decision.
- Penalty units must be removed from T1 and renamed to Conscripts and used in the ability "Rapid Conscription"
- Rename Conscripts in the Rifle Squad, combine Conscript and Penalty concept.The Rifle Squad starts with Mosin rifles can be replaced by six SVT-40
21 Nov 2018, 11:31 AM

*clears throat*

-much cheaper, easily spammable infantry
-faction that tends to float buttload of menpower and munition
-very cheap team weapons adding even more to the above
-sacrificing very little AI DPS on squads with solid base DPS at long range
-low upkeep and reinforce costs
-very high self sustain from vet3 onward
-vastly superior weapon with 50% greater damage and penetration then allied counterparts targetting weaker tanks in regards to armor
-not gated by additional menpower and fuel costs which weren't tied to tech directly
-doesn't have to go back to base or even be in own territory to upgrade

21 Nov 2018, 11:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2018, 11:31 AMKatitof

*clears throat*

-vastly superior weapon with 50% greater damage and penetration then allied counterparts targetting weaker tanks in regards to armor
-not gated by additional menpower and fuel costs which weren't tied to tech directly

I'd argue about it, but the main point in this to me (to which I agree) is that Shreks were just more powerful, but were used vs less armored tanks. They had better pen, better dmg, a little less accuracy, but their DPS and, more important, burst damage was far better
21 Nov 2018, 11:40 AM

I'd argue about it, but the main point in this to me (to which I agree) is that Shreks were just more powerful, but were used vs less armored tanks. They had better pen, better dmg, a little less accuracy, but their DPS and, more important, burst damage was far better

I'd say it was combination of three:
- High burst
- High long-range accuracy
- Low aim time
21 Nov 2018, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2018, 09:18 AMVipper

Let me explain how this has worked so far. People complained that Soviet always went for maxims, so they decided to buff Penals, but then they had to buff Guards, but now they have to buff Shock and now you want to buff conscripts. Then will have to buff the maxim again because nobody is using it...and so on.

Buffing a units to make it more attractive is simply the wrong way to about it, there is power level that is good and units should not exceed that power level. Units should have different roles so people choose them for what they bring to the table and not because they are OP.

Adding PPsh to conscripts is simply not "the only realistic" solution. It is actually a bad solution.

You missed a few little bits.
People complained that people only used maxims so instead of makingbothfr things more attractive they nerfed the Maxim through the floor THEN they buffed penals (makijg penals the new only viable unit)
Soviet always hade 1 or 2 "good" ('op) units and then the rest of the units are trash. Cons are and hav been avoided at all costs throughout the history of the faction replaced by whatever cheese is hot at the time entirely. Maxim spam, sniper spam, penal spam, guard spam but no spam of the unit that's supposed to bf spammed...

A weak t0 into an overperforming replacement unit is all Soviet have ever had... Anfd the sad thing is their shit tier t0 unit doesn't eden offer the best early game or map control despite theiut God awful scaling.... A mess
21 Nov 2018, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2018, 11:31 AMKatitof

*clears throat*

Than...once more...why remove schrecks instead nerf them to the same lvl from zooks?

2 zooks > 1 schreck

i answer to the souggestion that cons can gte ptrs without commander...which would result in the same OPness which volks was.. even worse
21 Nov 2018, 12:27 PM

Than...once more...why remove schrecks instead nerf them to the same lvl from zooks?

2 zooks > 1 schreck

i answer to the souggestion that cons can gte ptrs without commander...which would result in the same OPness which volks was.. even worse

Asymmetric balance? You are quite LITERALLY retarded if you think that the PTRS has anywhere near thf impact of a Shrek like not even an exaggeration. LITERALLY retarded. To top things off those volks vetted very quickly, could self heal and had a FHQ meaning you couldn't ret ahead of them. Wave after wave that could melt armour. The PTRS doesn't melt armour.... You would need 16 pens (or 32 deflections) to insta gib an enemy tank, at 2 PTRS a squad that means you need 8 squads to all pen to insta gib. 8.and ALL pen (unlikely) seriously I dony even know why I or anyone else responds to you... Logic is a miasma of mystery to you isn't it?
21 Nov 2018, 12:27 PM

Giving PTRS will not result in OPness, because PTRS don't have high burst damage. They can hit hard only if enemy vehicle stands still. PRTS take quite long time to aim and require standing still for a pretty long time.

Looks to me like the only way to use PTRS effective vs tanks - is in the defense and in green cover. You can push the tank back, bot not likely kill it
21 Nov 2018, 12:36 PM

Conclusion:

Reks are junk against heavies, even tripple reks bounce often on the is2. okw needs a legit anti tank even the sole tank destroyer of okw has a junk pen. JP4 at max range wont pen a is2 or even a kv1 if you play okw ur anti tank options is just panther or JT which is super super expensive and not to mention panther doesnt even have the dps to bring down a heavy tank Meanwhile on allies there are tons of options to deal with heavy to super heavy tanks, just spam firefly or su85 and KT would be useless not to mention these tank destroyers esp. The su85 has fast RoF and high pen unlike the jp4 so basically if you play axis on team games an elepant or JT is already a necessity to effectively counter the allied TDs spam cuz seriously? What other options does axis has to deal with it? Even panthers spam wont do anything to TDs spam, I really think axis deserves a medium option of a TD to counter allied heavy and TD so that axis has more options rather than just relying to JT and elepant
21 Nov 2018, 12:48 PM

OKW have the most AT options in game... They have a Rak in t0, a Shrek for sturms, a puma in mech truck, a jp4 and a panther. You have AT for whatever flavor you want and whatever fuel budget you have. Use your camo raks against TDs that they are guaranteed to pen, not the heaviest armour the allies have...
21 Nov 2018, 13:07 PM

OKW have the most AT options in game... They have a Rak in t0, a Shrek for sturms, a puma in mech truck, a jp4 and a panther. You have AT for whatever flavor you want and whatever fuel budget you have. Use your camo raks against TDs that they are guaranteed to pen, not the heaviest armour the allies have...

but wait...as allie u need only ur handheld AT sqauds and ur td. u will deal now with most armor which can axis bring...mabye u can bring an AT gun add.

as okw u get ur low range at gun which die like a fly and shot mostly the first round into the ground.
puma and panther has not 60 range and will get serious problem with the allie td, handheld at and at guns...

jp4 has so low pen it works only vs mediums and TDs...not the heavy armor

ur stpios die like flys to....u can only bring 290fuel 14cp commander callin which is a flanking victim and need a whole army to support it.

give okw a prober AT gun and remove rakten. or give jp4 more pen

21 Nov 2018, 13:14 PM

Creative idea here:
Scope for a Cons Mosin - unlocks an ability to snipe a soldier for small ammo fee (CoH1 brits had this thing)

Alternatives:
Or Sawed-Off Mosins, although the overlap with PPSHs would be huge

BTW Am I the only one who would take current conscripts over penals in most situations. One way or another, its always the flamers, snipers, guards and T70s doing vast majority of all the damage.
So you might as well shield them with a relatively cheap infantry that has weaker but more reliable snares combined with sprint

And dont even get me started on how terrible the Penals PTRS are
21 Nov 2018, 13:35 PM

Creative idea here:
Scope for a Cons Mosin - unlocks an ability to snipe a soldier for small ammo fee (CoH1 brits had this thing)

Alternatives:
Or Sawed-Off Mosins, although the overlap with PPSHs would be huge

BTW Am I the only one who would take current conscripts over penals in most situations. One way or another, its always the flamers, snipers, guards and T70s doing vast majority of all the damage.
So you might as well shield them with a relatively cheap infantry that has weaker but more reliable snares combined with sprint

And dont even get me started on how terrible the Penals PTRS are

I'd use T1 and Cons combined more often, but that means I'll have less active squads early game which can be game changing. In 2 v 2 it's possible, but in 1 v 1 that usually leads me to low map control, cuz I just dont have enough squads
21 Nov 2018, 13:36 PM

Oh, I meant T1 and T2, not T0 and T1 combined. Read your post wrong, sorry
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 53
unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %