Login

russian armor

USF White phosphorous mortar rounds

16 Aug 2018, 20:01 PM

How do people feel about these rounds slowing the movement of the units caught in them? It seems OP to have units greatly slowed down to me, even in retreat the units move at a snails pace...these are rounds you often cannot avoid and they have a quite large area of effect. I think its great that the Mortar trucks have the ability to launch incendiary, but how it basically snares units is unbalanced, especially since even units in retreat are slowed as well. They should act like other incendiary where the units are burned if you do not react to the action, not instantly taken down to 1% health regardless of your action.
16 Aug 2018, 20:12 PM

They are not op at all and counter Ostheer cancer. At least you have time to escape, unlike the walking stuka.
16 Aug 2018, 20:17 PM

Walking stuka is entirely avoidable by paying attention to sound cues. USF WP does not give a sound cue.
16 Aug 2018, 20:23 PM

You'd rather he used regular barrage and just wiped the squads hit by it?

Its fine and can deal a total of -zero- casualties as long as you are not blind and have medics in base.
16 Aug 2018, 20:30 PM

Grens, volks, and sturms can easily run out of it and heal up. It costs 25 munitions to use white phosphorus, and they do make a sound when fired.
16 Aug 2018, 21:19 PM

Its fine. It's a tool that isn't used too often, but when it is used in conjunction with other indirect it discourages the enemy from blobbing and/or mass retreating, which I think is great. Often enough it's just a muni sink with little to no payoff. Also, as Kati pointed out it doesn't actually kill anything on its own and is easily countered by proper spacing and medics.
17 Aug 2018, 02:21 AM

Point of issue is not the damage the incendiary does, its specifically how it traps units, even retreating ones.
17 Aug 2018, 02:47 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Doesn't cancer nades apply the same speed debuff ?
17 Aug 2018, 03:06 AM

Doesn't cancer nades apply the same speed debuff ?

If you’re talking about the obers/falls’ chemical grenade then yeah.
17 Aug 2018, 03:24 AM

Certainly not OP, but applyin any speed penalties/lowering to retreatin units is a big no no and should be removed
17 Aug 2018, 03:43 AM

If you’re talking about the obers/falls’ chemical grenade then yeah.

those nades dont reudce units HP and is only in a small area.

I think at least retreating units shouldn't slow down, making squads very vulnerable to wipes even if u react fast enough
17 Aug 2018, 03:45 AM

Its fine. It's a tool that isn't used too often, but when it is used in conjunction with other indirect it discourages the enemy from blobbing and/or mass retreating, which I think is great. Often enough it's just a muni sink with little to no payoff. Also, as Kati pointed out it doesn't actually kill anything on its own and is easily countered by proper spacing and medics.

yeah as if we can build medics all over the map
17 Aug 2018, 04:20 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2018, 03:43 AMAlphrum

They do.
17 Aug 2018, 04:42 AM

I think at least retreating units shouldn't slow down, making squads very vulnerable to wipes even if u react fast enough

I was answering a question with no statement of how good it was. Why you want to argue with me I don't know.

That being said, it's still useful because it is targeted (not subject to random scatter like the WP barrage) and blocks sight like brit WP, and I'm pretty sure it does do damage.
17 Aug 2018, 05:29 AM

Do not know if op because it is used so rarely. Ive seen it pulled of perfectly and it looks amazing. Slow down enemy blob and Katyusha decimates them.
17 Aug 2018, 05:47 AM

YES lets nerf that too so it can be USELESS amazing idea
17 Aug 2018, 06:46 AM

I don't really understand why everyone is so hostile. I'd say forcing units to retreat is a big enough reward for a 25 munis ability. All other tools that slowed retreats or enabled cheesy wipes on retreat have been removed (stun grenades, grenades on infiltration infantry, etc.) so I don't see a reason this ability still should. Buff the damage or let it kill models, but the movement penalty on retreating units should be removed.
17 Aug 2018, 08:10 AM

Except they do, aoe is very decent and you'll still be snared when you get out of the cloud.
17 Aug 2018, 08:32 AM

It's fine and it also deals damage to your OWN units if you dare to walk through it. Also, the effects are the SAME for friendly units, so what's the deal here? It's a tool that forces the Sim City Wehrmacht to move away from a position. It slows down the targers and reduces their HP down to 1, which means that USF infantry (and Allied infantry in general) can kill them as if they were flies.

The other option available (since you're complaining about Allies) to Allies is something called artillery spam, and trust me, it is WAY worse than White Phosphorous. So pick and choose

PS : At some point, you should stop complaining about every tool Allies have. "This is op, that is op, my grandma is op, my mom is op..." and so goes on.
17 Aug 2018, 15:43 PM

I don't really understand why everyone is so hostile. I'd say forcing units to retreat is a big enough reward for a 25 munis ability. All other tools that slowed retreats or enabled cheesy wipes on retreat have been removed (stun grenades, grenades on infiltration infantry, etc.) so I don't see a reason this ability still should. Buff the damage or let it kill models, but the movement penalty on retreating units should be removed.

The mortar half-track is not at the same lvl as the other cheesy units. It is not going to force you to retreat but will force you to reposition and heal. If you get hit directly, you are able to move out and still retain half your hp, but if you don't reposition, your units will have 1 hp left. The reason Ostheer players get mad is that it counters their mg spam cheese. Having 2 or more Ostheer players build 3 mgs or more and then building mortars is an easy way to cheese USF players because they lack hard counters. Must feel bad to get a taste of their own medicine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 29
Germany 262
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %