Login

russian armor

USF White phosphorous mortar rounds

17 Aug 2018, 18:16 PM

Willy Pete is fine, it counters static play, as it should.
17 Aug 2018, 18:24 PM

It should be a vet 1 ability.
17 Aug 2018, 19:05 PM

Willy Pete is fine, it counters static play, as it should.

Again, I'm not ragging on the incendiary ability itself, its the fact that it slows units to a crawl, even in retreat to the point where they will receive 1% health. Incendiary for punishing static play is good, its the slowing action on retreat that is stupid.
17 Aug 2018, 20:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2018, 19:05 PMReverb
its the slowing action on retreat that is stupid.

Then you should preface by saying that any ability interrupting or disrupting the retreat speed besides unit blocking, should be check upon right ?

I don't really understand why everyone is so hostile. I'd say forcing units to retreat is a big enough reward for a 25 munis ability. All other tools that slowed retreats or enabled cheesy wipes on retreat have been removed

And this is the correct answer. Because OP mention a specific ability for a certain faction, instead of talking about the mechanic as a whole. Another example would be heavy snow.

Buff the damage or let it kill models, but the movement penalty on retreating units should be removed.

The thing is, is it possible? Mind you that we had barb wire fields on beta and they were removed cause they would be cheesy to use in retreat paths.
17 Aug 2018, 21:08 PM

It should be a vet 1 ability.

We should nerf it and make it vet 2 ok ? Insanesushi ?
17 Aug 2018, 23:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2018, 19:05 PMReverb

Again, I'm not ragging on the incendiary ability itself, its the fact that it slows units to a crawl, even in retreat to the point where they will receive 1% health. Incendiary for punishing static play is good, its the slowing action on retreat that is stupid.

US doesn't have any other incendiary option, their Willy Pete is how they force things to move, just keep aware the 3 units that can use it, Mortar Halftrack, a veteran Pack Howitzer and the Rifle Company Commander.
18 Aug 2018, 04:43 AM

US doesn't have any other incendiary option, their Willy Pete is how they force things to move, just keep aware the 3 units that can use it, Mortar Halftrack, a veteran Pack Howitzer and the Rifle Company Commander.

RE flamers
18 Aug 2018, 08:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2018, 20:01 PMReverb
They should act like other incendiary where the units are burned if you do not react to the action, not instantly taken down to 1% health regardless of your action.

Oh yes, do this. I think you don't know what you are talking about ^_^

White phosphorus is a perfect balanced ability that requires combined arms to perform. Changing it for incendiary rounds would simply make the HT mortar and commander ability.... OP.
18 Aug 2018, 23:51 PM
Donator 11

IMO all WP rounds slowing units is kinda gay but that part of their DOT style of damage. Not to mention WP also blinds people and as such is why it slows tanks and also makes their guns not work.
I don't think they are OP and also have a (what feels like) a wide scatter and a long time to deploy from the mortar HT that is.

23 Aug 2018, 13:17 PM

Luftwaffe medical crate > White phosphorous
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
Germany 25
Korea, Republic Of 1
Germany 49

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W