Login

russian armor

GCS2 Benefactor Tournament

A_E
13 Aug 2018, 21:28 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

25 benefactors have entered into the GCS2 $40+ benefactor tournament for a chance to win a GTX 1080! It will be this Sunday at 14:00 BST. I will be casting on https://twitch.tv/AECoH

The seeding has been done based on combined automatch rank of best Allies/Axis 1v1 faction https://gcs2.org/standings/players/benefactors

(how it was calculated)

The tourney will now only last one day! - The format will consist of a best of 1 for any match above round of 16, then best of three from there onward.

(Note: If we get two GCS2 attendees in the final we may postpone the final until GCS2 itself)

See you this Sunday!
A_E
13 Aug 2018, 21:40 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I am going to constantly make the joke that the Benefactor Tourney is ESL NA though as the top five seeds are Ciez, Momo, Redwings, Tomkaze and Lyconious you have been warned :D
14 Aug 2018, 01:00 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

And you said I couldn't participate :'(
A_E
14 Aug 2018, 06:48 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

And you said I couldn't participate :'(

I replied to GCS2 qualifier players that asked "GCS2 players wouldn't be allowed to play" this ended up meaning the eight players that have qualified to GCS2 itself.

I was deliberately vague with players so as to ensure everyone fought their hardest for a chance to play in GCS2 itself and didn't focus on trying to win a GTX 1080 from the benefactor tourney. This was a wise decision and I stand by it. The best players that are now playing in this tournament are all large benefactors like momo and ciez who wanted to attend live.

That said had you donated regardless of eligibility to compete to play in the benefactor tournament you would have received an email asking you to sign up to play in the Benefactor Tourney clarifying things, you did not so you did not. It's a pretty fair system when you think about it like that.
A_E
14 Aug 2018, 06:53 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Note: GB Pirate was affected by the double sign in bug for GCS2 qualifier players has been manually added.
15 Aug 2018, 11:41 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2018, 06:48 AMA_E

I replied to GCS2 qualifier players that asked "GCS2 players wouldn't be allowed to play" this ended up meaning the eight players that have qualified to GCS2 itself.

I was deliberately vague with players so as to ensure everyone fought their hardest for a chance to play in GCS2 itself and didn't focus on trying to win a GTX 1080 from the benefactor tourney. This was a wise decision and I stand by it. The best players that are now playing in this tournament are all large benefactors like momo and ciez who wanted to attend live.

That said had you donated regardless of eligibility to compete to play in the benefactor tournament you would have received an email asking you to sign up to play in the Benefactor Tourney clarifying things, you did not so you did not. It's a pretty fair system when you think about it like that.

Was hoping for a less serious reply (my fault there). On that, I agree with everything you have said.
15 Aug 2018, 13:20 PM

Wooo, looking forward to this!
A_E
15 Aug 2018, 18:05 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Was hoping for a less serious reply (my fault there). On that, I agree with everything you have said.

Sorry dude, I'm in tourney organiser having to work after 9 hour days in stressful job mode all the time atm. All my responses are grouchy and my outlook defensive :D
A_E
16 Aug 2018, 21:42 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Note: Brickman also suffered the same GCS2 quali player bug. The $300 donator also can sadly no longer attend the event due to the expecting of a baby brickman! He has been allowed late entry into the tourney.
17 Aug 2018, 18:50 PM

hello guys i'll sadly wont be able to comet this sunday due to unexpected RL stuff. I'll develop more with AE or any refere that will contact me. Well sorry for this and good luck to everyone participate in it.
A_E
17 Aug 2018, 19:23 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

hello guys i'll sadly wont be able to comet this sunday due to unexpected RL stuff. I'll develop more with AE or any refere that will contact me. Well sorry for this and good luck to everyone participate in it.

Don't worry dude, there's honestly no pressure people can just check in if they can play, no worries!
19 Aug 2018, 13:56 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

This event is under way
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak