Login

russian armor

Struggling with OKW 1v1.

10 Aug 2018, 15:56 PM

Hi all. I recently came back to coh2 after a very long break (7 months) and started grinding 1v1's. I struggle with OKW so much. Allies and ostheer are fine especially Soviets. But with OKW i cant win anything and on top of that i get very good players in automatch,mainly top 100 which is because i used to be top 100 myself and still have high elo. Can anyone here give me some tips on the current OKW meta and maybe give me a build order or something that will help? I'd be very grateful. As i struggle so hard and nothing seems to work.
10 Aug 2018, 17:41 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Current meta is all light vehicles all the time. I'd say 80% of serious games will use luchs rush. You're guaranteed to face allied LVs this patch, so having the puma as an option is really important.
10 Aug 2018, 21:51 PM

For me personally, I don't find USF and UKF's light vehicles to be so oppressive that I need a Puma to counter them so I often go Battlegroup against both factions so I don't have to constantly send my Sturm's back to base to drop medkits. I do feel the T-70 is extremely difficult to deal with without having a Puma, as Rak's even with camo get wiped out so quickly by the T-70's insane DPS. I typically don't go for a LV against Brits and will go Flak HT against USF and focus on getting out Elite Infantry quickly to apply pressure. I think Luchs into Puma is currently the optimal build order against the standard Soviet Metagame.
11 Aug 2018, 18:49 PM

You take a goliath. You place it behind units your fighting. When they retreat, you go boom!
11 Aug 2018, 21:16 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Light vehicles or bust. Your volks won’t outscale allied counterparts and OKW mediums lack a real AI puncher. Never go KT in any circumstance in 1v1 and don’t ever think because you have vet on something you’re guaranteed victory in the engagement. Even if it’s vet 5
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★