Login

russian armor

Impact of smoke on AT grenades

15 Aug 2018, 16:14 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

The Cromwell and comet smoke shells are better than the Sherman ones on escape... just point click and smoke shell goes there and it takes only about 1-2 seconds. The Sherman shells are lobbed to position and you often get shot at another time before they land and you can reverse through it. Unsure why Lago thinks UKF smoke shells are THAT bad.
15 Aug 2018, 16:24 PM

Aren't Sherman and Valentine ones fireable on the move? (and Cromwells ones too?)

After some testing I can confirm they are: they'll cancel the vehicle's current command but if you issue a further command they'll still fire.

They're not as good as Panzer Tactician as an escape tool because they require aiming and take time to fire (five seconds for Sherman smoke, traverse time + three seconds for Cromwell smoke). Panzer Tactician fires as fast as you can hit the hotkey.

Unsure why Lago thinks UKF smoke shells are THAT bad.

I previously thought the tank had to stop to fire like Attack Ground. Having discovered they work on the same rules as the Sherman I think they're pretty neat now and I'll definitely use them more.
15 Aug 2018, 17:31 PM

Aren't Sherman and Valentine ones fireable on the move? (and Cromwells ones too?)

That doesn't negate the fact that they take several seconds to land compared to the near instantaneous panzer tactician or aec/churchill smoke. They have different uses and are not really comparable; it's like trying to compare the scott and stug E, it just doesn't make much sense because they're too different despite having certain similarities.
16 Aug 2018, 16:19 PM

They have different uses and are not really comparable; it's like trying to compare the scott and stug E

But just like the Stug E and Scott can both be used for indirect fire the smoke shells can also be used as an escape tool, while also beeing an effective counter to Snares(which has nothing to do with the smoke itself but with the LoS system as Lago exaplained).

16 Aug 2018, 17:45 PM

But just like the Stug E and Scott can both be used for indirect fire the smoke shells can also be used as an escape tool, while also beeing an effective counter to Snares(which has nothing to do with the smoke itself but with the LoS system as Lago exaplained).

I understand that, but it takes longer and requires more input (only marginally so, but that definitely makes the difference). I'm not saying they're bad, they just have different uses. I challenge you to actually find a replay of non panzer tactician type smoke used effectively to counter snares. Either he's far away enough that you just reverse, or he's so close that it doesn't matter.

As Lago also explained, "They're not as good as Panzer Tactician as an escape tool because they require aiming and take time to fire (five seconds for Sherman smoke, traverse time + three seconds for Cromwell smoke). Panzer Tactician fires as fast as you can hit the hotkey." (Lago's words).

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 11
Germany 2
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak