Login

russian armor

UKF feels entirely uphill, the entire game

7 Aug 2018, 20:09 PM

UKF just doesn't excel at anything currently. Their emplacements are a waste of MP against anyone of reasonable intelligence, their infantry fall off late game, their MG doesn't do the ONLY thing anyone gets an MG for (suppress), their tanks lose in every single 1v1 imaginable, 0 anti tank infantry, and their AT gun doesn't pierce late game tanks. They are just a terrible faction.

What am I doing wrong with this seemingly useless giant waste of bytes known as the British?
7 Aug 2018, 20:30 PM

Yeah, every single nerf in the previous patch except for the centaur one was an unjustifiable non-sense and should be reverted

Then, give sappers a snare that works exclusively against LVs and theyre good to go
7 Aug 2018, 20:54 PM

Yeah, every single nerf in the previous patch except for the centaur one was an unjustifiable non-sense and should be reverted

Then, give sappers a snare that works exclusively against LVs and theyre good to go

Rather than give Sappers a snare, I would be more excited if their Mines were exclusively AT mines. With the universal nerf on mines vs Infantry from a while back, I groan whenever I see mere infantry set them off...
7 Aug 2018, 20:56 PM

The nerfs all make sense in isolation: those units were crazy powerful.

The problem is that DBP UKF was reliant on those really powerful units to stay afloat: they were like a crutch for the faction itself. Now that they're at normal level the holes in the faction are really causing it problems.
7 Aug 2018, 21:34 PM

UKF just doesn't excel at anything currently. Their emplacements are a waste of MP against anyone of reasonable intelligence, their infantry fall off late game, their MG doesn't do the ONLY thing anyone gets an MG for (suppress), their tanks lose in every single 1v1 imaginable, 0 anti tank infantry, and their AT gun doesn't pierce late game tanks. They are just a terrible faction.

What am I doing wrong with this seemingly useless giant waste of bytes known as the British?

They still have a few strong points:

- Infantry Section as starting unit, allows you to secure important points/garrisons early and makes you able to combat OKW early game
- UC is an excellent unit if well microed and still acts as a crutch in early game
- AEC is pretty effective in countering Ost T2, OKW Flak HT and Luchs plus offers value in late game with it´s snare ability
- AT-gun and MG always available
- They have a sniper

Now USF on the other hand... Depending on map USF is even worse in 2v2+ IMO. So yeah...
7 Aug 2018, 22:00 PM

Rather than give Sappers a snare, I would be more excited if their Mines were exclusively AT mines. With the universal nerf on mines vs Infantry from a while back, I groan whenever I see mere infantry set them off...

Nice idea, but with snares u can easily guard your AT gun from gettin circled around, meanwhile with mines, u have a 0,01% chance of the vehicle actually ridin over it, not even countin sweepers or those few more open maps
7 Aug 2018, 23:01 PM

Snares would go a long way in fixing the faction. I dont understand why they should be on sappers though. Every other faction has snares on there core infantry so to me IS should get the snare.

UKF were designed to have the best snare in the game on release, the sniper. It was removed and they were never compensated for it.
7 Aug 2018, 23:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2018, 23:01 PMMongal
Snares would go a long way in fixing the faction. I dont understand why they should be on sappers though. Every other faction has snares on there core infantry so to me IS should get the snare.

Interestingly enough, OKW didn't have snares either originally.

UKF were designed to have the best snare in the game on release, the sniper. It was removed and they were never compensated for it.

The AEC does have the stun shot, though, which isn't quite a snare, but with proper AT it is nearly a delete button on enemy tanks.

I always thought that either the PIAT itself or Sappers that get/pick up PIATs could get a snare. I mean, this was before PIATs became homing missiles, mind you. But then again, I've largely kept UKF at an arms length since it was released since so much of the faction is/was such an affront to the development of CoH2 and the franchise itself.
7 Aug 2018, 23:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2018, 23:01 PMMongal

Yeah, thats the thing, every other faction has it on mainline, so on sappers it would be an interesting asymetry, that wouldnt really break anythin

BTW the sniper snare was/is a fairly bizzare thing where a unit can engine rape its intended counter from camo on long range. I can see why did that end up as vet1, though it sure should have been compensated for
8 Aug 2018, 02:47 AM

Permanently Banned
Ask Mr Smith and the "community balance team" that never really properly talked through the last patch with the community (especially Brit or USF players). He just did his own thing once lelic gave him the green light

If you look he's gone into hiding now the GCS stats are out, Soviets are insta picked the majority of the time and USF are underperforming but crucially Brits are dead and buried.
8 Aug 2018, 05:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2018, 02:47 AMroll0
Ask Mr Smith and the "community balance team" that never really properly talked through the last patch with the community (especially Brit or USF players). He just did his own thing once lelic gave him the green light

If you look he's gone into hiding now the GCS stats are out, Soviets are insta picked the majority of the time and USF are underperforming but crucially Brits are dead and buried.

We all make mistakes, it's only human and even if so I still blame Relic.

He made the Artillery Pit mod together with Planet Smasher a long time ago and when I confronted him about it he said that they were limited by Relic's imposed scope, and frankly speaking I believe him.

After they botched DoW3 they left a skeleton crew to just call the shots on the further development of CoH2 so they could say that the community helped them fix the game but not entirely so they could save their shame, plus all of the flak as you are proving is going towards the community team, while Relic still have ultimate control in the background.

What will eventually fix this game is a community mod not plagued by Relic's "scopes" that people will actually prefer to play with over the vanilla game, problem is that that would only be the custom game crowd.

But perhaps that would show them how they were wrong in not giving full creative freedom to the community.
8 Aug 2018, 07:38 AM

Interestingly enough, OKW didn't have snares either originally.

Well, contrary to UKF, when OKW got its cheezy gimmicks removed, they actually got viable compensations.

UKF was stripped naked out of its tools and given nothing in return.
8 Aug 2018, 09:16 AM

their infantry fall off late game, their MG doesn't do the ONLY thing anyone gets an MG for (suppress), their tanks lose in every single 1v1 imaginable

Maybe exaggerate even more? I don't see how IS is supposed to be worse in late game than Grens or Volks f.e. And even tho the Vickers might be worse than other MGs when it comes to supression (at least thats what I hear all the time, is it really the worst one? Can someone please show the datas on this?) it still kills faster than other ones (at least from my experience). Also their tanks loosing in every single 1 vs 1 isn't only not true but, at least when it comes to cheaper tanks, completly justified, or do you want a 110 fuel tank to win against a Panther ?

0 anti tank infantry

PIAT is a thing you know ?
8 Aug 2018, 10:43 AM

Permanently Banned

We all make mistakes, it's only human and even if so I still blame Relic.

He made the Artillery Pit mod together with Planet Smasher a long time ago and when I confronted him about it he said that they were limited by Relic's imposed scope, and frankly speaking I believe him.

After they botched DoW3 they left a skeleton crew to just call the shots on the further development of CoH2 so they could say that the community helped them fix the game but not entirely so they could save their shame, plus all of the flak as you are proving is going towards the community team, while Relic still have ultimate control in the background.

What will eventually fix this game is a community mod not plagued by Relic's "scopes" that people will actually prefer to play with over the vanilla game, problem is that that would only be the custom game crowd.

But perhaps that would show them how they were wrong in not giving full creative freedom to the community.

I have read about these comments in regards to relic scope before (December patch when people highlighted issues to him), but it doesn't change the fact UKF were butchered under his watch and their factional weakness were again ignored on his part. (Eg if he pushed through a point about non doc snare it would have happened).

What worries me is that the nerfs to UKF and Tommies were initially EVEN worse, like straight up making them a clone of grens for 280mp despite still lacking snare and having to side tech for nerfed bren and grenades. And again the lack of Mortar/rocket arty/flamer/snare/elite inf in general was not seen as a pressing issue to him, all that was is making sure every UKF unit is "in line" or worse than Ostheer despite missing these tools.

I'm sure he has good intentions but the guy messed up and has basically left a faction semi-weak (USF) and in the case of Brits a faction that is underpowered.

Totally ruining what GCS could have been if you ask me. I'm not throwing venom at him out if spite, I would just like to see him own up to his mistakes and crucially join discussion with the community so the game is left in a playably balanced state before relic cut that skeleton crew and support off.

No use of having a community balance patch if feedback with the community is extremely minimal and long standing suggestions (yes saying it the 100th time here but indirect fire and a snare) are ignored.
8 Aug 2018, 10:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2018, 10:43 AMroll0

I have read about these comments in regards to relic scope before (December patch when people highlighted issues to him), but it doesn't change the fact UKF were butchered under his watch and their factional weakness were again ignored on his part. (Eg if he pushed through a point about non doc snare it would have happened).

Imo you have to keep in mind that Mr.Smith was acting a spokesman for the mod team and changes where decided by the team and not him personally.

You also need to keep in mind that the mod team always worked under the "watch" of Relic and Relic alone has the responsibility for the changes that take place in their patches.

In the end of they day the mod team are volunteers trying to help balance a game and they should be complimented for their efforts not criticized for the patch Relic releases.

They have their own private mod which is quite different from the live game.

Finally its better to focus on how to improve things than to focus on who is to blame.

8 Aug 2018, 11:36 AM

Three things that UKF needs to fix the faction:
1. Non-doc IS snares
2. Mobile mortar
3. S N A R E S
8 Aug 2018, 12:22 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2018, 10:59 AMVipper

Imo you have to keep in mind that Mr.Smith was acting a spokesman for the mod team and changes where decided by the team and not him personally.

You also need to keep in mind that the mod team always worked under the "watch" of Relic and Relic alone has the responsibility for the changes that take place in their patches.

In the end of they day the mod team are volunteers trying to help balance a game and they should be complimented for their efforts not criticized for the patch Relic releases.

They have their own private mod which is quite different from the live game.

Finally its better to focus on how to improve things than to focus on who is to blame.

The "team" is basically three people, of course he has a large input and could introduce something as simple as at nades if he can push through his own major pop cap changes he championed here months back.

I've already said it's nothing personal, but you think they should be immune from criticism? He is an adult and helping a major studio like relic balance a game for thousands of players. I'm sure he and the others can take it. And quite frankly the game needs it, DBP showed some promise but the last patch has been a wet fart in comparison. (Again due to less input or at least attention to input if you ask me)
8 Aug 2018, 13:29 PM

It's not fair to blame Mr. Smith for the decisions made in SBP. The only one with any true power in that process was Relic and therefore the responsibility lies with Relic.
8 Aug 2018, 14:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2018, 12:22 PMroll0

I've already said it's nothing personal, but you think they should be immune from criticism?...

I personally have criticised the changes introduced in patch many times, but I find little reason in criticising the persons.

In addition Relic releases patch as they see fit (USF mortar on release for instance ) so they are sole responsible for the patches and not the mod team.

Finally Mr.Smith was acting as the spokesman and as far as I know is no longer part of the team that helps with the patches. Criticising personally Mr.Smith in quite unproductive and simply discourages other people of becoming involved.
(Imo its quite unfair also)

But it is probably time to get back to Topic of this thread which is UKF faction performance.
8 Aug 2018, 14:57 PM

I hate playing USF against OKW as you cannot counter 2 LeIGs parked beneath a Schwerer Panzer HQ.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★