Login

russian armor

vickers

7 Aug 2018, 00:01 AM

Why does Vickers have insta suppress?
7 Aug 2018, 07:39 AM

Do not stand in red cover with your infantry blob, then lowest suppression HMG in game won't suppress you instantly.
7 Aug 2018, 20:07 PM

does it suppress?
7 Aug 2018, 20:12 PM

You are correct this is indeed a bug, Relic's mission is to obviously make the UK beyond useless and a joke within the CoH community. Relic please fix this by making Vickers squads 1 man.
7 Aug 2018, 22:15 PM

Permanently Banned
Vickers is the last mg that would insta-suppress anything. LOL.
9 Aug 2018, 08:04 AM

Vickers is the last mg that would insta-suppress anything. LOL.

Think that honor goes to Maxim, though I find Vickers always snipe one model before suppressing and is oddly accurate against retreating squads xD

I think the suppression problem with vickers is that the first targeted model kinda just die, and it doesnt suppress because it isnt firing while aiming at the next model.
9 Aug 2018, 13:44 PM

Think that honor goes to Maxim, though I find Vickers always snipe one model before suppressing and is oddly accurate against retreating squads xD

I think the suppression problem with vickers is that the first targeted model kinda just die, and it doesnt suppress because it isnt firing while aiming at the next model.

And it doesn't help that that exact phenomenon will lead to eating a lava nade and being forced away
10 Aug 2018, 08:52 AM

And it doesn't help that that exact phenomenon will lead to eating a lava nade and being forced away

yeah, lava nade is a bit excessive since it combines the power of molotov and not doing the dance of the Rodina.

For a garrison heavy faction it is... yeah. Firestorm should have gotten it rather than the other way around.
11 Aug 2018, 18:24 PM

It´s rate of fire is just too slow.
16 Aug 2018, 10:25 AM

Vickers isn't weak… it is even op if you ask me. It is the deadliest non-doc MG ingame, how needs suppression if you can kill the enemy instead?
16 Aug 2018, 16:49 PM

Vickers isn't weak… it is even op if you ask me. It is the deadliest non-doc MG ingame, how needs suppression if you can kill the enemy instead?

You dont really want killing potential on your only suppression platform when the other starting game units for Brits do fine in killing models. Although the vickers is great at killing retreating models which can be nice.

Also the 50 cal still gets the deadliest mg in the game imo.
16 Aug 2018, 17:02 PM

I think I'd rather have my 1 mg suppress 4 clumped up squads than have it kill 2-3 models from 4 clumped up squads before being overwhelmed, wouldn't you?
16 Aug 2018, 17:47 PM

I think I'd rather have my 1 mg suppress 4 clumped up squads than have it kill 2-3 models from 4 clumped up squads before being overwhelmed, wouldn't you?

There arn't so many units in early which can overwhelm you, if you ask me. I would allways put the Vickers over a MG34.

Better give it same stats as mg34, that would also be fair.
16 Aug 2018, 17:51 PM

I like the Vickers, personally. Enough to train two teams. One to hold a sector of the map and one to accompany my infantry. Infantry Sections no longer have that raw killing power so a Vickers is becoming a necessity. I wouldn't want to change a thing about it. Besides, it suppresses just fine when it gets vetted.
16 Aug 2018, 19:58 PM

Vickers is on par with the MG42 imo, similar wide arc, while it doesn't suppress as fast, its damage is very useful- IE theres a MG42 in that garrison? Put a Vickers in the garrison next to it and watch it melt the MG42 out of the garrison.
16 Aug 2018, 21:20 PM

There arn't so many units in early which can overwhelm you, if you ask me. I would allways put the Vickers over a MG34.

Better give it same stats as mg34, that would also be fair.

All it takes is 3-4 volks. That's usually what OKW has before first tech.
17 Aug 2018, 09:09 AM

All it takes is 3-4 volks. That's usually what OKW has before first tech.

And you have nothing else? Vickers overperform hard, because I know what it does in my Osttruppen's hands.

Why UKF sucks so hard is because of many parameters. But compensate that with some op units isn't the right way. I only say Centaur (to much pen), Bofors (to high fire rate) and Vickers (too much DPS)...

In plain terms, also MG42 arrives way to early, thats why it is also OP in early.
But pushing it into T0 instead of Grens... but that is an other story.
17 Aug 2018, 09:19 AM

Hehe, there are people who seem to believe vickers is op, lol.

HMG which does not suppress is anything but op.
17 Aug 2018, 09:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2018, 09:19 AMKatitof
Hehe, there are people who seem to believe vickers is op, lol.

HMG which does not suppress is anything but op.

Oh Boy, I missed you comments because of their naivety.

Suppression isn't you friend all the time, it simply limitates the DPS of all your units. Vickers has the ability to do bouth, suppress and simply bleed enemys manpower to surrender. It get extra range as garrison, it gets passive phosphor rounds...

One Vickers in German hands and you can leave the game, it will finish you. It is as op as Bofors and Centaur.

Edit: I would prefer to speak about something, if you tested the weapons against your own.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★