Login

russian armor

Adding in the m1919 .30 cal

6 Aug 2018, 01:15 AM

I'm not very knowledgeable on this stuff but I've been trying to create a working .30 cal team weapon (like the Americans had in CoH1), and can't seem to get it fully functional. I found the visual prop and have messed with different animations but the only thing I've been able to get working is the animation for setting the weapon down. At any other point in time the gunner walks around like normal while the weapon floats under him and won't fire when set up. Is it possible to use the full .50 cal animations for the .30 cal or are certain animations tied to the weapon itself?
6 Aug 2018, 08:43 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Well, im not sure. I remember this being mentioned as a old, unfinished weapon. But, ignoring that, it depends on alot of factors, so lets start with the basics.

1. Have you added the said weapon reference into the ABP files? It would be easier to put it in both of the motion trees if it isnt already there.

2. Which 30cal are you trying to add? The soviet HMG variant or the AEF LMG variant?

3. What have you set as the weapon anims? Give what you have here, what matters most is the state and visibility.
6 Aug 2018, 23:12 PM

Thanks for the reply!

I haven't added the weapon in the ABP files yet. Maybe I should do that before trying anything else. I do have the Youtube guide saved for reference.

I'm trying to add the AEF LMG variant in.

I've set the state and visibility to both the .50 cal and .30 cal with similar results.
7 Aug 2018, 00:50 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

So I looked at it, it seems that it might be unusable in a working state. Both the 60mm mortar and 30cal (infantry variant) have no animations. I think the 30cal might be stuck with vehicles for the foreseeable future.
7 Aug 2018, 02:33 AM

Dang well thanks for the help anyways. Here's hoping Relic will add it in with that future commander update.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★