Login

russian armor

Fps drop when I play this game

5 Aug 2018, 16:37 PM

Hello everyone,

My last computer ran down where COH2 worked perfectly fine. So, I buy a new computer and re-install COH2 through Steam program. However, when I launch it, I face several problems :
- first, error 183
- secondly, bugsplat when I launch a skirmish (no mods)
- finally, it launches the game, but with an insane fps drop (less than 5 fps which makes the game unplayable).

I tried several things to resolve the problems. Erase the coh2 folder inside the document folder removed the error 183.
Check the cache (via Steam) helped to remove the bugsplat.
I also decrease the graphic specs on the options.

Here are the specs of my new computer:
PC portable gamer MSI GL72M 7RDX-886XFR

Processeur Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ (2,50 GHz)
RAM 8 Go
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Windows 10

The program GeForce normally confirms that COH2 would normally run on my computer.

For the moment, I run out of ideas... Maybe one of you gets one and would be kind to help me...

Thanks in advance and good day
5 Aug 2018, 17:05 PM
Donator 11

Did you try to run any other games?

To solve your first problem I would recommend to check the hard drive, as running into problems that are solved with steam cache check right after installation may mean it is faulty.

As for in game performance I would advice to check if your monitor is really running on the gtx 1050. Your computer has a second gpu inside your processor and if it runs using that one, every game will run very badly.

You can also check cpu and gpu temperatures. If either of theese goes too hot, it will run slowly as well.
5 Aug 2018, 17:27 PM

Did you try to run any other games?

To solve your first problem I would recommend to check the hard drive, as running into problems that are solved with steam cache check right after installation may mean it is faulty.

As for in game performance I would advice to check if your monitor is really running on the gtx 1050. Your computer has a second gpu inside your processor and if it runs using that one, every game will run very badly.

You can also check cpu and gpu temperatures. If either of theese goes too hot, it will run slowly as well.

Thanks for your answer.

I try to also run heart of iron 4 on my new computer and it also suffers from fps drop (and this game also ran perfectly on the old pc).
No problem of overheating as the computer is still "cold" when I run these games.
I'll check if the game runs on the gtx 1050.

Thanks again for your answer
5 Aug 2018, 17:43 PM

I check and I see that games run under the good gpu (high performance) but they still have a fps drop and changes nothing...
Thx again for taking your time to answer
5 Aug 2018, 19:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I check and I see that games run under the good gpu (high performance) but they still have a fps drop and changes nothing...
Thx again for taking your time to answer

You mean it's plugged directly into the gpu and not the motherboard, right? Because that would definitely do this.
5 Aug 2018, 20:06 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2018, 19:26 PMTobis

You mean it's plugged directly into the gpu and not the motherboard, right? Because that would definitely do this.

I fear that OP owns a laptop computer so he can't be helped in such a simple manner.
15 Aug 2018, 14:02 PM

Finally, CoH2 works perfectly again, without fps drop. I've done a new clear installation of the OS and games run well again. Maybe something went wrong during the first installation.

Thx again for your help. Have a nice day!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★