OST : USF = 3:3

Combined

OKW : SOV = 42:41
OKW : UKF = 15:6
OKW : USF = 23:11
OST : SOV = 38:49
OST : UKF = 9:5
OST : USF = 25:15

I am curious why the third place match between Kimbo and Stuve did not take place at Overlord.
29 Jul 2018, 21:21 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Barbarossa

OKW : SOV = 6:10
OKW : UKF = 7:1
OKW : USF = 3:2
OST : SOV = 15:11
OST : UKF = 2:0
OST : USF = 10:8

Citadel

OKW : SOV = 13:9
OKW : UKF = 2:0
OKW : USF = 7:2
OST : SOV = 10:22
OST : UKF = 2:1
OST : USF = 6:2

Overlord

OKW : SOV = 10:15
OKW : UKF = 4:4
OKW : USF = 7:3
OST : SOV = 6:10
OST : UKF = 3:0
OST : USF = 6:2

Bagration

OKW : SOV = 13:7
OKW : UKF = 2:1
OKW : USF = 6:4
OST : SOV = 7:6
OST : UKF = 2:4
OST : USF = 3:3

Combined

OKW : SOV = 42:41
OKW : UKF = 15:6
OKW : USF = 23:11
OST : SOV = 38:49
OST : UKF = 9:5
OST : USF = 25:15

I am curious why the third place match between Kimbo and Stuve did not take place at Overlord.

Because it did not happend!. Kimbo won, because stuve was not there to play
30 Jul 2018, 07:26 AM

I don't think that even a new meta commander with a Tank Hunter infantry section and a mobile mortar team will be able to help the UKF out of it's current situation.
2 Aug 2018, 16:09 PM

Permanently Banned
Brits hardly played, I wonder why with those win ratios

Hurry up with the patch please lelic
2 Aug 2018, 16:29 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I don't think that even a new meta commander with a Tank Hunter infantry section and a mobile mortar team will be able to help the UKF out of it's current situation.

I suspect we are going off topic, but I disagree, to this extent. Tank hunters should be a global upgrade available for all UKF commanders. If you combined that with a global upgrade for a mobile mortar team equivalent to the 3" mortar i.e. the 120mm, it is only a matter of balance (sweet word!) to make the Britz viable.

Equally, I would support a sniper for the USF and OKW, but I very strongly doubt any of this is going to happen. :(
2 Aug 2018, 19:49 PM

USF and Brit are complete trash.
2 Aug 2018, 20:16 PM

I suspect we are going off topic, but I disagree, to this extent. Tank hunters should be a global upgrade available for all UKF commanders. If you combined that with a global upgrade for a mobile mortar team equivalent to the 3" mortar i.e. the 120mm, it is only a matter of balance (sweet word!) to make the Britz viable.

Equally, I would support a sniper for the USF and OKW, but I very strongly doubt any of this is going to happen. :(

On a more serious note, what do you mean by "a global upgrade available for all UKF commanders"? Like, them becoming a default thing or being included in every commander, which doesn't make sense since they'll be taking a commander slot which could be used for something else, like for an example a Recon Section and a 25 pounder artillery emplacement like in CoH, just my opinion of course.

But yeah I mean, I think that the lack of snares and a mobile indirect fire option is what's hampering the Brits the most, apart from perhaps Tank Traps which I would love to see in a doctrine for them but it might be just me, do you think they need something else to get them back on track without being OP again?

Apart from that, there is no need for directly implemented snipers for the USF and OKW in order to have them, ideas can be taken from CoH like for example a 250 Halftrack with a 37mm light AT gun acting as a vehicular sniper like with the Panzer Elite, or an upgrade/ability for the riflemen allowing them to "snipe" like the British Recon section in CoH, there was even an ability called "Marksman" found in the game files for the USF.

Edit:

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2018, 19:49 PMReverb
USF and Brit are complete trash.

So what do you specifically don't like about them exactly, I'm curious. I mean you can see our opinions about the UKF above, as for the USF I personally think that they should get heavier armored tanks in order to go toe to toe with the German heavies, an M4A3A2 Sherman Jumbo would be nice to act as a meatshield for Jacksons and overall be a breakthrough tank for the USF which would not be limited to only 1 like the M26 Pershing, another 2 additions which I would like to see are the M36B1 Slugger which was based on the Sherman hull but still retained it's Jackson turret and 90mm gun, and a Sherman Crocodile, as an alternative to the 105 Sherman.

And I really do think that the Calliope and Crocodile, if ever added, should be able to fire their main weapons like in real life with a toggle, similar to the KV-8. For the Calliope it could on a bit longer timer so you can't instantly switch into artillery mode and fire in a split second.
3 Aug 2018, 13:20 PM

Edit:

So what do you specifically don't like about them exactly, I'm curious. I mean you can see our opinions about the UKF above, as for the USF I personally think that they should get heavier armored tanks in order to go toe to toe with the German heavies, an M4A3A2 Sherman Jumbo would be nice to act as a meatshield for Jacksons and overall be a breakthrough tank for the USF which would not be limited to only 1 like the M26 Pershing, another 2 additions which I would like to see are the M36B1 Slugger which was based on the Sherman hull but still retained it's Jackson turret and 90mm gun, and a Sherman Crocodile, as an alternative to the 105 Sherman.

And I really do think that the Calliope and Crocodile, if ever added, should be able to fire their main weapons like in real life with a toggle, similar to the KV-8. For the Calliope it could on a bit longer timer so you can't instantly switch into artillery mode and fire in a split second.

Riflemen are too expensive for their capabilities, reduce cost to that of volks or buff them a little bit. Having access to 2xBAR is not an argument for their high cost because that requires a ton of muni and it also requires teching. They only outshoot Volks at point blank, right where Volks have early access to incendiary, their moving accuracy is really not a significant item at .6 when volks are .5 and just sandbag, where you lose a rifleman if you close, Volks are effectively better core infantry at cheaper cost in a faction with a non fucky teching order. I think it would make more sense to buff them in some way instead of cost reduction and further avoid more homogenization of the game, maybe buff moving accuracy to something actually significant like .9 or higher DPS at mid range. Buff the Stuart or give it a cost reduction. All the other stuff is fine. I think the teching structure of USF is retarded but I don't have any good ideas of how to fix/improve that.
3 Aug 2018, 14:33 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

On a more serious note, what do you mean by "a global upgrade available for all UKF commanders"? Like, them becoming a default thing or being included in every commander, which doesn't make sense since they'll be taking a commander slot which could be used for something else, like for an example a Recon Section and a 25 pounder artillery emplacement like in CoH, just my opinion of course.

I mean you make the Tank Hunter squad available outside the Commander system, in T1 or T2. Then all you have to do in replace them in the Special Weapons Commander with say, aq mobile mortar, or better still, a flame pack for the Engineers. The mortar should be globally available available, if necessary from from T2.

But yeah I mean, I think that the lack of snares and a mobile indirect fire option is what's hampering the Brits the most, apart from perhaps Tank Traps which I would love to see in a doctrine for them but it might be just me, do you think they need something else to get them back on track without being OP again?

It is the inability to snare early the Axis light vehicles which makes Britz too linear. e.g. If you choose a WASP carrier, you lack the heavier Vickers MG to face Axis light vehicles, and frankly, the UTC is too much of a glass cannon.

Apart from that, there is no need for directly implemented snipers for the USF and OKW in order to have them, ideas can be taken from CoH like for example a 250 Halftrack with a 37mm light AT gun acting as a vehicular sniper like with the Panzer Elite, or an upgrade/ability for the riflemen allowing them to "snipe" like the British Recon section in CoH, there was even an ability called "Marksman" found in the game files for the USF....

You could certainly do that, or take other options, but, despite your meme, I don't see Relic introducing new models at this stage in the form of a PE Command HT.

My suggestions are merely to tinker with what already exists. 'Politics is the art of the possible'. ;)
3 Aug 2018, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2018, 13:20 PMReverb
Riflemen are too expensive for their capabilities, reduce cost to that of volks or buff them a little bit. Having access to 2xBAR is not an argument for their high cost because that requires a ton of muni and it also requires teching.

The big problem for Riflemen is that their scalability (vet and upgrades) requires a high cost, while this cost is disproportionately high for the basic performance of the unit. While I think the total costs are good as they are, I believe it would be worth experimenting around with distributing them more evenly.

In conclusion this would mean making Rifleman a bit cheaper to produce (down to around 250MP), but adding the spare manpower (of the 3-4 squads in a standard build) to the cost of the weapon rack tech upgrade. This would buff their early game performance-to-cost while retaining the current mid to late game ratio (which is already borderline OP).

Or just tone down their mid-late game (vet) scalability and lower the MP cost.

3 Aug 2018, 15:02 PM

I mean you make the Tank Hunter squad available outside the Commander system, in T1 or T2. Then all you have to do in replace them in the Special Weapons Commander with say, aq mobile mortar, or better still, a flame pack for the Engineers. The mortar should be globally available available, if necessary from from T2.

It is the inability to snare early the Axis light vehicles which makes Britz too linear. e.g. If you choose a WASP carrier, you lack the heavier Vickers MG to face Axis light vehicles, and frankly, the UTC is too much of a glass cannon.

You could certainly do that, or take other options, but, despite your meme, I don't see Relic introducing new models at this stage in the form of a PE Command HT.

My suggestions are merely to tinker with what already exists. 'Politics is the art of the possible'. ;)

Agreed, and I'm only saying about the PE 250 Halftrack with 37 AT gun and the additional USF tanks as something nice to see, I doubt they'll add them as well.
3 Aug 2018, 17:31 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Agreed, and I'm only saying about the PE 250 Halftrack with 37 AT gun and the additional USF tanks as something nice to see, I doubt they'll add them as well.

We must stop agreeing. ;)

From a sales perspective, I would have thought the telemetry should disclose how big the NA audience is. Judging by posts on here, the NA audience has fallen away, and yet in COH1, NA was maybe the biggest audience? If you produce lacklustre commanders like the Rifle Company (see Siphon's stats), then who can be surprised? Rifle Company started OP (ofc), then got nerfed into almost nothing, while Heavy Cav picks up not only a Pershing, but also the Rangers.

So what happened to mine flail Shermans, or the US sniper? Neither ever appeared. Absurd. It does not take much imagination to see that the Rifle Company could made more attractive to play - and critically, from Relic's perspective - provide a more commercial return, if the Rifle Company contained Rangers, and/or a sniper.

The COH1 system of different veterancy was fine: why rubbish it away? Where are the light vehicles from COH1 like the Jeep for USF, or the Bike for Ostheer? If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Similarly, the US Armor company, on Siphon's stats, is almost a non-starter in high level play. Allied War Machine - ignored. Why?

And as for pre-existing fixed USF/UKF bases...words fail me.

3 Aug 2018, 21:04 PM

We must stop agreeing. ;)

From a sales perspective, I would have thought the telemetry should disclose how big the NA audience is. Judging by posts on here, the NA audience has fallen away, and yet in COH1, NA was maybe the biggest audience? If you produce lacklustre commanders like the Rifle Company (see Siphon's stats), then who can be surprised? Rifle Company started OP (ofc), then got nerfed into almost nothing, while Heavy Cav picks up not only a Pershing, but also the Rangers.

So what happened to mine flail Shermans, or the US sniper? Neither ever appeared. Absurd. It does not take much imagination to see that the Rifle Company could made more attractive to play - and critically, from Relic's perspective - provide a more commercial return, if the Rifle Company contained Rangers, and/or a sniper.

The COH1 system of different veterancy was fine: why rubbish it away? Where are the light vehicles from COH1 like the Jeep for USF, or the Bike for Ostheer? If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Similarly, the US Armor company, on Siphon's stats, is almost a non-starter in high level play. Allied War Machine - ignored. Why?

And as for pre-existing fixed USF/UKF bases...words fail me.

Financially speaking Relic can rake in a lot more cash with little to no effort from CoH.

Simple stuff such as additional mod support for the workshop (like skins), a native language option (for both games like in the Red Orchestra series), population cap options for custom games as well as more zoom out options are one of the main requests the community has for both of the games, specifically for CoH the Eastern Front mod is all prepped up and ready to go as an official expansion, they need only to fix their performance and finish with the redesign of the Brits, something which is also highly requested, hell they even said they'll do their own voice acting and campaign. From there Relic can just hand over balance and further development of CoH over to the community while still getting money and more people from the new expansion, 20 bucks are still 20 bucks, considering that around 2000 still play the game daily, even after 11 years. Throw in that unfinished Italian Front expansion with it's own campaign and 2 new Armies and you'd have an even better product and satisfied community, I see many people want to officially see the Italian Army in more games, not just CoH but also Day of Infamy and so forth.

A redemption for Dawn of War 3 is also possible given how No Man's Sky is going with it's new update, the game literally went from around 20,000 negative reviews to 15,000+ positive in just a couple of days after the update hit and still counting, I literally thought that it would be impossible for that game and it's company to make a comeback but here we are after an year, and so can DoW3 if only Relic would actually listen to us and see that grabbing some really good ideas from the community and implementing them would not only rake them in some money without hate but also help them learn to get back on track and make actually good and quality products as well as the praises of the community which they have lost since the late 2000s.

Reasons to keep 10+ and 5+ year old games with active communities supported? Plenty, games that do that? Age of Empires 2 namely, they have so far made 2 community expansions into official such on Steam alone for the past what, 2 or 3 years now? CA with Rome 2 as well and we're talking about a 5 year old game having almost 10000 players on right now, only because of CA's further support for the game and them acting on community feedback, Relic has no excuse not to do the same thing with CoH.

Hell even Disney is letting the Clone Wars come back after cancelling it 5 years ago, only because the fans stood up for something and made them realize that they're making a mistake by not letting the series have a proper end. They also added Workshop support for Empire at War, again a 10 + year old game.

Specifically about Dawn of War 3, what they should do is as I said listen to the community, and that being to bring back the proper CoH cover system along with the suppression system and many others features Relic are renowned for, VP mode, full mod support (same for CoH2) and more factions, people have been crying for the Imperial Guard and Chaos as well as Necrons for ages now, fixing up the game enough to warrant a DLC expansion containing 3 Armies if they think it's worth it is a good move if you ask me, or just 2 Armies and another 2 in a 3rd expansion like CoH2.

In short, a lot more can be done for both the CoH and DoW franchises if Relic only listens to the community and acts on their requests like many others are doing or even just hands over everything to the community, it would only serve to improve things for both sides. This is an honest opinion from a loyal fan of Relic since 2006 that started with playing Company of Heroes, I picked up Dawn of War a bit later.
25 Sep 2018, 01:18 AM

there would have to be a lot of balancing going on with the entire faction to give OKW snipers.
25 Sep 2018, 12:06 PM

In short, a lot more can be done for both the CoH and DoW franchises if Relic only listens to the community and acts on their requests like many others are doing or even just hands over everything to the community, it would only serve to improve things for both sides. This is an honest opinion from a loyal fan of Relic since 2006 that started with playing Company of Heroes, I picked up Dawn of War a bit later.

You have to understand that most of these studios are now run by people 2-3x the age of the average gamer and are so out of touch with what makes a good game that they simply bark at them to make more money. A lot of studio's are under so much pressure to deliver increasing bottoms lines for stockholders and it inevitable will make them crumble.

Studio's being bought up by larger entities is just how it's always been and as you've seen it often results in shitting out increasingly worse games until the studio is closed.

I mean look at Battlefront 1? It was a terrible game because Disney and EA forced DICE to release it in under a year to be timed for the movie. Nobody gave two shits about the quality of the game, they just wanted to get that sweet sweet movie game hype money. Hype money that fans had been waiting for over 10 years for a new battlefront game only to be laughed at.

Dawn of War 3 was the same thing, the fanbase for Warhammer is insanely passionate and often loyal and that's why the moment they shat out a terrible game it was practically dead in the first week or so of launch as fans dropped it.

We have to scream louder, it's the only way companies are willing to listen. But also involves witholding your cash and stowing your wallet! Look at Total War Warhammer, SEGA must be fucking reeling at LISTENING to fans because it's their top earning title and it started off with a massive backlash on how Chaos was going to be DLC.... years later.. look at them now.
25 Sep 2018, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 12:06 PMKharn

You have to understand that most of these studios are now run by people 2-3x the age of the average gamer and are so out of touch with what makes a good game that they simply bark at them to make more money. A lot of studio's are under so much pressure to deliver increasing bottoms lines for stockholders and it inevitable will make them crumble.

Studio's being bought up by larger entities is just how it's always been and as you've seen it often results in shitting out increasingly worse games until the studio is closed.

I mean look at Battlefront 1? It was a terrible game because Disney and EA forced DICE to release it in under a year to be timed for the movie. Nobody gave two shits about the quality of the game, they just wanted to get that sweet sweet movie game hype money. Hype money that fans had been waiting for over 10 years for a new battlefront game only to be laughed at.

Dawn of War 3 was the same thing, the fanbase for Warhammer is insanely passionate and often loyal and that's why the moment they shat out a terrible game it was practically dead in the first week or so of launch as fans dropped it.

We have to scream louder, it's the only way companies are willing to listen. But also involves witholding your cash and stowing your wallet! Look at Total War Warhammer, SEGA must be fucking reeling at LISTENING to fans because it's their top earning title and it started off with a massive backlash on how Chaos was going to be DLC.... years later.. look at them now.

You do have a point, but I for one wouldn't mind for the old guys to keep their positions as long as creative freedom is given to the developing team.

And believe me I tried screaming, yelling, crying, chasing... I'm done with that, now I deal in action.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 744
unknown 20
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L