Login

russian armor

Stuve DQ reduced to points penalty and warning

• This thread is locked
27 Jul 2018, 14:32 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

So unless this data has changed the -3 points here actually makes it so he cannot win via points unless something unintended occurs.

Vonasten: 24
Vonivan 18
Jesulin 16
Talisman 15
Kimbo 10
Stuve 8
Refero 7
Aimstrong 5
Siddolio 4
Jove 4
J4J 3
Theo 3

This is before the 3 points are subtracted

Kimbo is DQ’d and even if stuve gets 2nd place he won’t overtake talisman at 15 since he’ll only receive 9 and rise to 14.

So basically this thread is just allowing him to play the 4th qualifier and if he wins he’ll go to the live event.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2018, 12:19 PMA_E

If you must know the refs/organisers voted 3 to 2. And then another messaged me saying they agreed with the decision after the vote. So 4-2.

Very difficult decision though but I am confident that this is fair.

Also struntigergadafi the guy you quoted, and I constructed an approach and agreement with stuve. So I wasn't the only person assessing the situation again.

There was a vote and stuve had one more vote to be back in gcs2. Was a though situation

There is no record of this on the discord.
A_E
27 Jul 2018, 14:54 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

So unless this data has changed the -3 points here actually makes it so he cannot win via points unless something unintended occurs.

Vonasten: 24
Vonivan 18
Jesulin 16
Talisman 15
Kimbo 10
Stuve 8
Refero 7
Aimstrong 5
Siddolio 4
Jove 4
J4J 3
Theo 3

This is before the 3 points are subtracted

Kimbo is DQ’d and even if stuve gets 2nd place he won’t overtake talisman at 15 since he’ll only receive 9 and rise to 14.

So basically this thread is just allowing him to play the 4th qualifier and if he wins he’ll go to the live event.

There is no record of this on the discord.

This data is outdated and your maths is incorrect. The refs talk on facebook group chat not in public. Your involvement as a referee has been rather minimal, for understandable reasons. I would urge you to do fact finding in private as you havnt got enough background and haven't been involved.
27 Jul 2018, 14:59 PM

Berry juicy drama here.

I think Stuve's original decision to ff/notplay because its not being casted is getting a really unfair swing. It would have been the only 3rd place game not to be casted and if I was him i would have felt like it was because it wasnt two of the big names and that he's not respected by the tourney officials.

Just my two cents :)
27 Jul 2018, 15:39 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2018, 14:54 PMA_E

This data is outdated and your maths is incorrect. The refs talk on facebook group chat not in public. Your involvement as a referee has been rather minimal, for understandable reasons. I would urge you to do fact finding in private as you havnt got enough background and haven't been involved.

Just copy + paste from the discord :)
A_E
27 Jul 2018, 15:40 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Berry juicy drama here.

I think Stuve's original decision to ff/notplay because its not being casted is getting a really unfair swing. It would have been the only 3rd place game not to be casted and if I was him i would have felt like it was because it wasnt two of the big names and that he's not respected by the tourney officials.

Just my two cents :)

Reminds me of that big dota tourney where due to time pressures, it was announced the third place game would be cast later on. So one of the teams agreed to a new time but then forfeit without good reason instead of playing

Oh wait that sounds ridiculous and would never happen.

Let's not start pretending stuve did nothing wrong
27 Jul 2018, 15:45 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

I like this thread <444>3 well done on all sides
27 Jul 2018, 16:38 PM
Donator 11

I must say I don't like the whole idea of forced, imitated competition. If organiser wants his tourney to be competitive, he should design the system so that people really want to play their matches. Even the 3rd place ones.

Of course, one can say in rules that forfeiting a match results in a DQ, yet a match played by a player who is forced to do so won't be interesting to watch either way. And you can't even judge if he played with his full potential or not as some of the best players are able to throw completely won games in a matter of seconds.

Btw. Is there any real life sport competition where not showing up for one race/match results in something more than a walkover? I can't think of anything like this.
A_E
27 Jul 2018, 17:05 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I must say I don't like the whole idea of forced, imitated competition. If organiser wants his tourney to be competitive, he should design the system so that people really want to play their matches. Even the 3rd place ones..

It was, the whole point of the third place best of three was to earn 3 more GCS2 points than your opponent.
As you may have seen these points really do matter now, and are the difference between qualifying or not qualifying.

However we have clearly had situations where players have not respected it as much as they could have done. So perhaps I should have made the gap between 4th and 3rd more pronounced like 5 points for fourth and 9 for third. But I didn't foresee as little appetite to play the 3rd place as there has been, a misjudgement on my part.
27 Jul 2018, 19:25 PM
Benefactor 355

As someone who was asked to provide personal opinion about this situation, I would like to explain my thought process behind supporting this decision.

Yes, I did flip out when Stuve refused to play and yes, I did wholeheartedly support the DQ decision at the time as somebody mentioned in the previous posts.
However, when the dust settled and the heads cleared, it had become apparent that the DQ decision was a bit too harsh. Given the Kimbo situation and a royal pain in the ass he has become for everyone and I mean everyone involved, it is clear that Stuve's demeanor is nowhere near comparable to that of the unfortunate polish kid. It is only logical that the actions taken against each of them respectively cannot carry the same weight.

Another argument in support of lifting Stuve's DQ is his clean tournament record and the fact that he only recently started playing coh2 actively. His inexperience in coh2 tournament settings and general common sense code of conduct around community supported events doesn't fully justify his actions. Nonetheless, a case can be made that he was legitimately confused about the consequences of forfeiting tournament matches in the higher rounds.

The final argument for lifting the DQ is the fact that behaved reasonably and sincerely when he was confronted about the whole situation. He has apologized both privately and publicly and accepted a fair offer to return back to active GCS2 competition. As a sign of good will, GCS2 organizers rejected the initial suggestions of awarding 0 points for his qualifier placement as this would give him really low chances of qualifying, instead, it was decided that he would only get 3 out of 6 points. This effectively puts him in a better spot to achieve direct or fan vote qualification if he plays well in the next qualifier. Alternatively, if he misses the qualification spot by a few points, he has no one to blame but himself.

It is needles to point out that his actions during the next qualification tournament will be closely monitored and a set of immediate actions will be taken should he choose to act inappropriately. Any hypothetical horsing around from him will not only result in an immediate DQ but it will also heavily impact his participation in future tournaments.
27 Jul 2018, 21:18 PM

As someone who was asked to provide personal opinion about this situation, I would like to explain my thought process behind supporting this decision.

Yes, I did flip out when Stuve refused to play and yes, I did wholeheartedly support the DQ decision at the time as somebody mentioned in the previous posts.
However, when the dust settled and the heads cleared, it had become apparent that the DQ decision was a bit too harsh. Given the Kimbo situation and a royal pain in the ass he has become for everyone and I mean everyone involved, it is clear that Stuve's demeanor is nowhere near comparable to that of the unfortunate polish kid. It is only logical that the actions taken against each of them respectively cannot carry the same weight.

Another argument in support of lifting Stuve's DQ is his clean tournament record and the fact that he only recently started playing coh2 actively. His inexperience in coh2 tournament settings and general common sense code of conduct around community supported events doesn't fully justify his actions. Nonetheless, a case can be made that he was legitimately confused about the consequences of forfeiting tournament matches in the higher rounds.

The final argument for lifting the DQ is the fact that behaved reasonably and sincerely when he was confronted about the whole situation. He has apologized both privately and publicly and accepted a fair offer to return back to active GCS2 competition. As a sign of good will, GCS2 organizers rejected the initial suggestions of awarding 0 points for his qualifier placement as this would give him really low chances of qualifying, instead, it was decided that he would only get 3 out of 6 points. This effectively puts him in a better spot to achieve direct or fan vote qualification if he plays well in the next qualifier. Alternatively, if he misses the qualification spot by a few points, he has no one to blame but himself.

It is needles to point out that his actions during the next qualification tournament will be closely monitored and a set of immediate actions will be taken should he choose to act inappropriately. Any hypothetical horsing around from him will not only result in an immediate DQ but it will also heavily impact his participation in future tournaments.

Glad to hear the 420 high council made the decision to review their judgement, not an easy thing to do - so props there.

Looking forward to getting back to business this weekend and excited for the show to come.
27 Jul 2018, 23:27 PM

stuve DQ pls, his jeep, M3 rushes are annoying as fuck KappaClaus
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight