Login

russian armor

Steel Division 2

PAGES (9)down
5 Dec 2018, 21:15 PM

snip.

Personally, I think a mix of features from both series would make a better game.

I liked the frontline of SD44 much more than the WG modes, feels like its prevents stagnation.

The logistics in wargame was much better and I'd prefer if they returned to that.

The division/Battlegroup templete is a mixed bag for me. I agree that you can kinda expect what is coming from certain divisions and certain divisions are much better than others but in the WG battlegroup certain units almost never got used because there were better options. Like you would almost never go the captured french tanks in a panzer battlegroup if you could just get panzer 3+4s, Tigers and Panthers.

The surrender mechanic and vet mechanic are both interesting and debatable. The surrender mechanic made it very punishing for over extending without support and both the vet and surrender mechanic made command squads/vehicles very important to succeed in the game. Maybe if suppression was lower or it wasnt so easy to suppress surrender squads or vehicles than it would feel less gamey.

SD44 also felt slightly smaller scale and much slower. I also found it more difficult than WG in my opinion.
20 Dec 2018, 23:18 PM
27 Dec 2018, 19:19 PM
28 Dec 2018, 14:15 PM

Thank you :)
29 Dec 2018, 23:36 PM

Hope they have higher fidelity infantry models in SD2. The first game they obviously put a lot of effort in the map and vehicles, but the infantry had Half Life 1 texture quality lol.
3 Jan 2019, 22:56 PM
8 Jan 2019, 13:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2019, 22:56 PMnigo
Dev Diary #4 - Army General’s Battalions

https://steamcommunity.com/games/919640/announcements/detail/1706200370218768928

Merci, Nigaud :)
Your communications and updates are much appreciated :)
10 Jan 2019, 14:20 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Dev Diary #5 - New Conquest Mode

https://steamcommunity.com/games/919640/announcements/detail/1706202272927313803

The reasons behind the update

We had a couple of reasons to update the Conquest mode, but one important consideration was to give both new players and veterans a more realistic and better-contextualized way on how they could win a game. Simply put, in the first game, only using frontlines as a game system was a bit too abstract. With the new objective system, we have added military-like goals to each map. Together with the visual feedback from the frontlines mechanic, the new objectives make the mode look and play more realistic.

Another element was to give the player the chance to turn back the tide of a battle, regardless of which phase they were in. We noticed that in Steel Division: Normandy 44 matches were often decided within the first five minutes. We wanted to temper these Phase A-blitzkriegs, while at the same time, allowing players in Steel Division 2 to come back and have them decide the outcome of a match at the end of a game, and not at the very beginning. Both the addition of the objectives and the new way to calculate the level of victory at the end of a game allows us to do this.

10 Jan 2019, 16:40 PM

They haven't gotten rid of the frontline thing? That sucks.
15 Jan 2019, 11:33 AM

They haven't gotten rid of the frontline thing? That sucks.

I like the frontline thing, for one.
4 Feb 2019, 08:03 AM

It’s confirmed that some of the divisions in the first game will be playable in the 2nd game multiplayer in the SD2 Back to War Pack that will be free for anyone who owned the first game.
Some new units are also being added to these divisions.

They have now sent out a release date that is 4/4/2019, it is now available for preorder on both steam and their own website.
4 Feb 2019, 13:12 PM

It’s confirmed that some of the divisions in the first game will be playable in the 2nd game multiplayer in the SD2 Back to War Pack that will be free for anyone who owned the first game.
Some new units are also being added to these divisions.

They have now sent out a release date that is 4/4/2019, it is now available for preorder on both steam and their own website.

- Also available on Humble Bundle
- They also said those who pre-order are auto invited into the beta! :)
4 Feb 2019, 14:36 PM
5 Feb 2019, 11:33 AM

where is le saucisson masqué ?

It means the mask-wearing sausage :)

Haven't seen him in awhile.
5 Feb 2019, 13:44 PM

It means the mask-wearing sausage :)

Haven't seen him in awhile.

But According to him Steel Division is the big competetive ESL thing and will eradicate coh2.

WHere is he now?
5 Feb 2019, 20:20 PM

But According to him Steel Division is the big competetive ESL thing and will eradicate coh2.

WHere is he now?

It's actually a great game even though it has even less mainstream appeal than coh2. Same goes for Wargame. They both have more strategic depth than coh2. The problem is that there's no active automatch and everybody is playing lame lobby games where players intentionally create uneven games to improve their pathetic ego. That killed the game for me.
6 Feb 2019, 11:51 AM

- Yea NSD44 is awesome. Like a more in-depth COH2.
Think better code, less lag, bigger maps, and more planes ;)
also... no pop cap! (People love that).
It's about bigger battles than COH2, slightly like Total War.

- The game also gives you your unit stats. So you don't need COH2.org
to figure out which unit has % health, etc

- Eradicating COH2 and being an ESL thing? Well, it appeals to different
people than COH2, and it doesn't pamper the German lovers, except by
giving them 4x different types of units (But honestly, people only care
about King Tigers, so...) German conversion of early WW2 French tanks does
not appealing German unit make. Realistic, yes.
Also, anti-tank planes eat tigers alive, so...
Since 83% of players play Germany exclusively, that's...

Think of NSD44 as more realistic, but in a way that'll turn off the
German lovers. (Stronger tanks, but planes shine in that game).
- Even though the Flak 88 is glorious :)

Also, you get to edit your commanders !!!!

It's a GREAT game. Think of it as someone slapping Heart of Iron 4
on top of COH2. It's not for the faint of heart.

- Yea, another Eugen game had that issue too. R.U.S.E
Great game. But all players made 1945 exclusively German games.
So only MAUS and King Tiger tanks :) Sigh.
That killed the game, too.

So now NSD44 locks you into Phase A, B, C.
Not Phase C only thing. Although, yea, people made a mod
where you can have Phase C unlimited King Tiger so *shrug*

Relic has been successful in preventing that.
Problem then is thousands of people bitching in forums that
you can't have 0 popcost king tigers and Maus and Landkruzer 2000 :)
8 Feb 2019, 06:09 AM
8 Feb 2019, 18:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2019, 20:20 PMGiaA

It's actually a great game even though it has even less mainstream appeal than coh2. Same goes for Wargame. They both have more strategic depth than coh2. The problem is that there's no active automatch and everybody is playing lame lobby games where players intentionally create uneven games to improve their pathetic ego. That killed the game for me.

The Lobby system is pretty awful in my experience. It takes forever to find a game sometimes especially in larger modes. Probably less of an issue in 2v2 1v1 im assuming.
9 Feb 2019, 01:51 AM

The Lobby system is pretty awful in my experience. It takes forever to find a game sometimes especially in larger modes. Probably less of an issue in 2v2 1v1 im assuming.

It just depends what time of day you play. I have no problem getting 3v3 and 4v4 lobbies in the afternoon and early evening. After 9pm EST or so its usually dead.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak