Login

russian armor

Steel Division 2

PAGES (9)down
15 Oct 2018, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2018, 09:58 AMStark

strategy game evolution like first Steel Division which after 6 month had 1k playerbase...

I;m really sceptical about all of this and i;m suprised you are so eager to see new game. Like the idea of SteelDivision but all this territory concept, small playerbase, horrible singleplayer campaign killed that game.

Hope it will be better but no way i;m gonna buy it at release

=============
=============

If playerbase is the only factor, you ought to delete COH2 and all your other games.
Install DOTA2, and counterstrike and Fortnite battle royale. Maybe World of Warcraft.

Then periodically check which one has the highest player base, and delete the one with
the lowest, until you are left with 'the best' game, that being the one with the highest player base.

Make sure to criticize any game which is not THE highest player base at any given moment :)

Question : Would you delete, and reinstall back and forth between the two highest, if they
fluctuate, or would you scientifically determine which one has had the highest AVERAGE player count?

I think you should check each time, before you play.
Just to make sure you are playing the correct game :)

Just saying.
Just to be safe.

You wouldn't want to play the second highest player base game, would you?
Also, why play Company of Heroes 2 when StarCraft 2 has a much higher player base?
15 Oct 2018, 16:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2018, 20:38 PMnigo

They need PLAYER RETENTION for their product. A dynamic solo campaign will bring that for some time.

Maybe they will bring coop later.

=============

I agree. It's more complex than COH2, however.
And that campaign being solo... seriously? I want it dynamic and multiplayer!
Like multiplayer Ardennes.

But not even coop? Eugen! WTF! :(

I think they should update NSD44 to integrate with SD2. So playercount doesn't get split.
Something like Red Orchestra and Rising Storm.

So basically upgrade NSD44 (for free) to plug it into SD2. Keep player count.
Play Soviets? Get SD2. Play Western? Get NSD44. It'll give SD2 more visibility too.

16 Oct 2018, 10:03 AM
Senior Editor Badge

=============

I agree. It's more complex than COH2, however.
And that campaign being solo... seriously? I want it dynamic and multiplayer!
Like multiplayer Ardennes.

But not even coop? Eugen! WTF! :(

I think they should update NSD44 to integrate with SD2. So playercount doesn't get split.
Something like Red Orchestra and Rising Storm.

So basically upgrade NSD44 (for free) to plug it into SD2. Keep player count.
Play Soviets? Get SD2. Play Western? Get NSD44. It'll give SD2 more visibility too.

Unfortunately Eugen dont have resources to do that. :(
17 Oct 2018, 14:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2018, 10:03 AMnigo

Unfortunately Eugen dont have resources to do that. :(

I have ressources to scream at them in French natively :)
Updating NSD44 and glueing it with SD2 (like RO2/RS1 or COH2_OKW + COH2_Brits) would keep
population intact and could encourage people to buy the other halves (like COH2 only having
brits does - It encourages you to buy the rest).

They'd get more money, and retain more players.
15 Nov 2018, 16:23 PM
16 Nov 2018, 13:42 PM

Thank you, yea, I've been looking that up. Interesting.

Am so sad it's single player, though. I was SO hoping it'd be MP :)
16 Nov 2018, 19:40 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Thank you, yea, I've been looking that up. Interesting.

Am so sad it's single player, though. I was SO hoping it'd be MP :)

Steel Divison have MP too.
19 Nov 2018, 12:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2018, 19:40 PMnigo

I know :) I play it.
(NSD44)
29 Nov 2018, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2018, 19:40 PMnigo

I think he meant he was interesting in facing another player in the big singleplayer campaign instead of the AI. That would be pretty cool but would likely require a ton of resources Eugen cant afford to use on making that work.
30 Nov 2018, 08:47 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I think he meant he was interesting in facing another player in the big singleplayer campaign instead of the AI. That would be pretty cool but would likely require a ton of resources Eugen cant afford to use on making that work.

I agree with. Maybe in the future EUGEN can make a big MP dynamic campaign.
30 Nov 2018, 11:51 AM

COH2 - Solo Campaign
- MP
COH2 Ardennes - Dynamic Campaign.

I thought Eugen was making SD2 into MULTIPLAYER dynamic Campaign.
Then I learned it was solo (ie: Ardennes) and I was like... oh.

And then you tell me SD2 will have MP, too.
And I was like... I thought Ardennes was going to be MP.
I already know it was going to be have MP. COH1 had MP.
I wanted SD2 to have dynamic campaign MP.

Is it making more sense? ;)
1 Dec 2018, 20:40 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I wanted SD2 to have dynamic campaign MP.

They will in the future. They need money first to build something like that.
3 Dec 2018, 16:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2018, 20:40 PMnigo

They will in the future. They need money first to build something like that.

I also want to be able to jump to 3d play any unit mid-game.
Sort of like BF5 :) Even a Plane!!! :)
4 Dec 2018, 14:42 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Steel Division 2 is now available for Pre-Order on this page! Pre-Order the game now to secure your access to the Beta and unlock exclusive bonuses at the game's release!

Check out this page to discover the different editions of the game and pickup the best for you, from the Standard Edition to the Total Conflict Edition packed with awesome stuff such as the Digital Art Book and tons of additional content for the game.

Last but not least, we're happy to announce that we will release 10 Free DLC for the game for everyone! Yeah, just like that.

A love letter for you:
Steel Division 2 couldn’t have been developed with the incredible amount of feedbacks we had from our community, and it was important for us, as an indie developer, to reward you with something special.

We know how much you like to expand your gaming experience with awesome new content, and we will be glad to provide you, for free of course, with very cool DLC for the game.

Releasing during the year after Steel Division 2’s release, 10 free DLC will be available for everyone who purchase the game, no matter which edition you pick or if you choose to preorder or not.

We sincerely hope you guys will enjoy the content we’re preparing for you and again, thank you for your support.

The Eugen Team

Steel Division 2 Editions:

4 Dec 2018, 22:06 PM

Hopefully they provide more divisions for multiplayer to keep the game fresh. IMO they didn't provide new units and divisions quick enough in SD44 to keep people interested in the long term.

I will likely be preordering since I enjoy these types of game even against the AI so even when the multiplayer died in SD44 I still enjoyed playing against the AI.

I also wont preorder until I can preorder from steam.
4 Dec 2018, 23:27 PM

Hopefully they provide more divisions for multiplayer to keep the game fresh. IMO they didn't provide new units and divisions quick enough in SD44 to keep people interested in the long term.

Another issue was core unit diversity, as WWII simply doesn't really offer much diversity. Wargame was fun because every type of vehicle had a multitude of different weapons.

AA for example could have short range missiles, medium range missiles, long range missiles, autocannons, or any combination of these. Even countering them was diverse as some could be killed by SEAD and others could not, arty was accurate enough to barrage known or suspected location, and it became a cat and mouse game with baiting and hunting. Meanwhile in SD44... AA simply is either autocannon or long range cannon and the counters are also too simple.
4 Dec 2018, 23:34 PM

Another issue was core unit diversity, as WWII simply doesn't really offer much diversity. Wargame was fun because every type of vehicle had a multitude of different weapons.

AA for example could have short range missiles, medium range missiles, long range missiles, autocannons, or any combination of these. Even countering them was diverse as some could be killed by SEAD and others could not, arty was accurate enough to barrage known or suspected location, and it became a cat and mouse game with baiting and hunting. Meanwhile in SD44... AA simply is either autocannon or long range cannon and the counters are also too simple.

There was also a big old angry pushback by the WG crew who were upset the game wasn't WW2 WG reskin. Game played surprisingly different than WG and I feel like a lot of WG vets were upset about it.
5 Dec 2018, 07:50 AM
Senior Editor Badge

There was also a big old angry pushback by the WG crew who were upset the game wasn't WW2 WG reskin. Game played surprisingly different than WG and I feel like a lot of WG vets were upset about it.

These people want only a modern warfare setting game. The gameplay has not do with that.
5 Dec 2018, 11:09 AM

I kinda liked most of it, except for the logistics changes. Not being able to repair your infantry and vehicles was a very bad decision IMO.

Logistics in Wargame was arguably the most important skill of all (like IRL), while in RD44 it was degrated to little more than simply keeping your tanks filled with shells.
5 Dec 2018, 16:03 PM

If by "different" you mean with no emphasis whatsoever on flanking and tactics using long three lanes streched maps, while having huge gameplay mechanics issues...then yes

You make it look like WG fans were angry because it wasn't WG. Truth is, it had absolutely no soul and massive flaws, regardless of WG legacy.

Useless deck composition that forces you to specific playstyles set in stone the moment you pick a division (you don't pick a PanzerDivision, you pick THE 9th Panzer, that is restricted even more compared to building a generic panzer division like WG would have let you do) (to add insult to injury, most divisions were ultra predictable before the game would even start), snipers being outranged by any infantry squad with medium machine gun, awful surrender mechanic exploitable, logistic dumbed down , OP flamethrower meta all over again after WG EE (even worse with the new surrender mechanic), useless AA, non replenishable infantry, rng'ness of armor fights...

Not talking to you or any of you, but the faster the circlejerk of "muh Wgeam fANbOis KiLlEDD MEI gaEm" SD devs and fans alike drop the narrative that WG players simply didn't want to play this increadible flawless masterpiece called SD for prejudice, the faster the company can actually realize what are SD flaws and fix those flaws for the future.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS