Login

russian armor

Steel Division 2

PAGES (9)down
7 Sep 2018, 15:33 PM

I liked the first one, got pretty good at it. I love to use combined arms and these games reward good use of it. The game had some issues with balance (mainly AA) IIRC but I think they fixed that by now.

Still after about a month I lost interest somehow, I don't know why. I do remember it could take ages to get proper matches and that every match was very intense. I would usually be pretty exausted after one or two games. And I really didn't like the fact that they removed repairs from the logistics system.

I'll follow SD2's development with interest. With most of the mechanics, models and gameplay base already there I expect it can improve quite a lot.
10 Sep 2018, 09:45 AM
10 Sep 2018, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2018, 09:45 AMnigo

Steel Division II is the next step in strategy game evolution

https://www.destructoid.com/steel-division-ii-is-the-next-step-in-strategy-game-evolution-521583.phtml

strategy game evolution like first Steel Division which after 6 month had 1k playerbase...

I;m really sceptical about all of this and i;m suprised you are so eager to see new game. Like the idea of SteelDivision but all this territory concept, small playerbase, horrible singleplayer campaign killed that game.

Hope it will be better but no way i;m gonna buy it at release
10 Sep 2018, 10:34 AM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2018, 09:58 AMStark

strategy game evolution like first Steel Division which after 6 month had 1k playerbase...

I;m really sceptical about all of this and i;m suprised you are so eager to see new game. Like the idea of SteelDivision but all this territory concept, small playerbase, horrible singleplayer campaign killed that game.

Hope it will be better but no way i;m gonna buy it at release

Eugen is a small game developer. They dont have the support of THQ or Sega. ;)

I trust them.
10 Sep 2018, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2018, 10:34 AMnigo

Eugen is a small game developer. They dont have the support of THQ or Sega. ;)

I trust them.

- I'm a fan of Eugen as well. I loved their R.U.S.E game, and they really put in the effort
in NSD44. There's a lot poured into SD2, it's easy to see.

RUSE, NSD44, SD2 you don't often see tank buster planes worked into tactical games like these.
It's probably why the game suffers, though

People play these games because of the Myth of the unstoppable Axis PanzerKrupp.
People LOVE to say how Soviet, Allied armor was crap compared to true PanzerKrupp.

Americans, etc, went the way of the tank buster instead of the uber panzer.
Yes, Ardennes was hard, because they struck during a snow storm, thus no air support :3
10 Sep 2018, 19:33 PM

People play these games because of the Myth of the unstoppable Axis PanzerKrupp.
People LOVE to say how Soviet, Allied armor was crap compared to true PanzerKrupp.

I doubt that since the Wargame series was even more popular. Soviets/Warsaw Pact was borderline OP there. People just enjoy the very good balance of realism vs gameplay that Eugen has managed to put into these games.
11 Sep 2018, 05:09 AM

I doubt that since the Wargame series was even more popular. Soviets/Warsaw Pact was borderline OP there. People just enjoy the very good balance of realism vs gameplay that Eugen has managed to put into these games.

I remember those ATGMs at release would eat anything with wheels alive.
14 Sep 2018, 15:50 PM

I like most Eugen games.
Wargame series wasn't for me. I'm a WW2 nut.
But I love NSD44. Can't wait for SD2.

I wish more people like it, though
21 Sep 2018, 12:15 PM
Senior Editor Badge

21 Sep 2018, 13:10 PM

Thank you!

Take my money, damn you!
21 Sep 2018, 13:12 PM

EDIT/ADDON: PapaYankee: I've added a small element to my answer: " "plancher" means "studying" in french.
=========
Actually, it means akin to "working on it"
But including feasability study.
A better (literal) translation would be "Flooring it" (Working on it with utmost urgency)
(Burning the midnight oil, etc)

Am sad. I was hoping multiplayer campaign would be a thing at launch.
As it pretty much vastly improves on existing.

Red Orchestra 2 has it.
Rising Storm 2 has it.

Why shouldn't SD2? :)
21 Sep 2018, 16:58 PM

I'd rather they put all their efforts into absolutely finetuning the MP battles and ways to improve the game's playercount, for example by implementing a better learning curve through things such as good tutorials and ranked MP.
21 Sep 2018, 18:46 PM

Wehraboos make most % of WW2 gaming players.
Too many ways of killing Tigers in this game - Tank Buster Planes, and
Effective Tank Destroyers.

- There's no point to buying either game, if you can't play rambo
in a supposed balanced RTS and autowin with no thoughts in minutes as German.

ie: Players claim they want balance, but they really don't.
They want quick, easy wins at the expense of allied players.
... While claiming game is balanced.

The problem is the players :)

Solution : Make Tigers immune to all AT damage, and make them 1 shot everything.
Add tons of swastikas.

Result : 50,000 players who complain bitterly that noe one will play Allies in PVP
to be wrecked apart in seconds with no hope of fighting back. ...
11 Oct 2018, 21:36 PM
Senior Editor Badge

New infos no SD2:

An article on Wargamer.com has come out and it might be the most informative article yet. Most of it clarifies things that have already been stated. And there are a few new nuggets. Still it leaves us with more questions than answers. Here's some bullet points of the highlights:

Multiple Armies on the 150x100km campaign map

These Armies are made up of battalions

Battalions on the campaign map draw their units from 4 or so companies

Battalions will have a HQ company, and then either assualt, armor, and artillery companies

Companies have values which show how many units they allow brought in during battles

Phases are determined by unit movement speed + distance from battle

the campaign map is more free form than the "zones" of the Wargame campaigns

roads are key strategically because they enhance movement range on the campaign map

a new terrian type: Light Forest

ranges are alot bigger in SD2 and engagements will happen over longer distances with less "urban" combat than SDN44

"Most maps have been designed to be tactically interesting and will reflect the battle’s location on the strategic layer to some degree"

"some authentically recreated maps based on historical actions in key areas, should you end up fighting in those places"

"at the moment the campaign will just be a solo affair....they’re not sure about a co-op mode or anything yet."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steel_Division/comments/9ncidw/new_information_and_more_questions_than_ever/

11 Oct 2018, 22:25 PM

They are focusing on solo campaign, which means the online play will be dead within 2 weeks following the release once again.

another dead rts
11 Oct 2018, 23:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2018, 22:25 PMCresc
They are focusing on solo campaign, which means the online play will be dead within 2 weeks following the release once again.

another dead rts

then they should start including interesting mechanics and animations like coh and no Robots and RockpaperScissors gameplay
12 Oct 2018, 13:25 PM

then they should start including interesting mechanics and animations like coh and no Robots and RockpaperScissors gameplay

==============
- I'm sad, I was buying it for the COH2 Ardennes in multiplayer mode :/
- If they remove it, then it's same as COH2. A solo COH2 ardennes and "same old" MP play
ie: No different than before.

- What we want is something that ENHANCES the previous game.
NSD44 + Multiplayer Strategic mode.

AI are important. Multiplayer is, too.
But making the Campaign mode separate is a huge mistake.
Making it COOP capable is also a HUGE plus. Just make it draw from same ressources FFS.
Similar to Starcraft 2's 1-4 players controlling the same "army" SC2 did it perfectly. 10 yrs ago.
What's your excuse, Eugen?! :p
12 Oct 2018, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2018, 22:25 PMCresc

another dead rts

=============

It's really annoying.
I thought, for once, they'd have a chance to turn things around.
And be the amazing RTS they deserve to be. Arrg
12 Oct 2018, 20:38 PM
Senior Editor Badge

What's your excuse, Eugen?! :p

They need PLAYER RETENTION for their product. A dynamic solo campaign will bring that for some time.

Maybe they will bring coop later.
13 Oct 2018, 01:08 AM

@Nigo - So excited for this one. I play the first one a lot and there is quite a dedicated community behind it. Mechanically and tactically it's superior to both COH and Wargame. They just need to keep up the marketing campaign to get the word out and promote it. The dynamic campaign that they are making for SD2 is exactly what they needed to make to retain players and get the multiplayer community off the ground.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Germany 18
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %