Lightning War vs. Blitzkrieg in 1v1

Better Commander in 1v1
Option Distribution Votes
67%
33%
Total votes: 9
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
25 Jul 2018, 05:44 AM

I wanted to make a thread talking about which commander you guys prefer in 1v1 since I can't decide which one suits me better. Lightning War has lots of useful abilities such as G43's and Tactical Movement and you can replace losses with Ostruppen w/LMG's in the late game if things get rough. JU87's are nice as always and although I find the Tiger to be kind of average this patch, it's still a call-in tank that allows you to skip teching Tier 4 for a little while. Blitzkrieg has some of the same perks as Lightning War with being able to use Tactical Movement and JU-87's but instead of G43's you have Panzer Tactician which is probably the best smoke ability in the game in my opinion. Recon is alright for it's cost and you have the only medium call-in tank still in the game. Tiger is nice but I still feel like Tier 4 is actually decent this patch and the Panther and Brummbar are both in solid spots performance wise. Plus the werfer helps against AT Gun walls. Blitzkrieg would be more useful for playing for T4 but Lightning War would give you better early pressure against your opponent and you don't have to pay teching costs for the Tiger but it probably injures you long time if you don't get something to deal with tank-destroyers (Jackson, SU-85) and the AT guns which can farm vet off of the Tiger. Which one do you guys prefer and why, curious to see which one gets more play time in Bagration.
25 Jul 2018, 09:43 AM

In terms of preference, Blitzkrieg over Lightning War.

In terms of power, I doubt we'll see either. You're correct in that the Tiger's fallen from favour, and the Jaeger Light Infantry is a better Lightning War if you're not using the Tiger.

Blitzkrieg is largely overshadowed by Mobile Defence, which is much better at skipping T3 with the addition of the Puma. It doesn't have the air support abilities, but that pales in comparison to CP5 call-in AT. The only reason Mobile Defence isn't the king of Ostheer doctrines at the moment is because it was a month ago and everyone expects that Puma rush.
29 Jul 2018, 14:45 PM

i prefer blitzkrieg because the G43 are used on the gren an infantery unit known for its lackluster survivability and thus wich will have a hard time even using their upgraded guns before having to retreat like every encounter.

Osttruppen are kind of lame even in cover and with lmg at least they hold the ground.
Plus tank smoke is way stronger and easier to use than interogation. and tank are the undiscutable assets of the OST.
2 Aug 2018, 07:32 AM

Honestly at this point, I am kind of saying why not both because I feel like Mobile Defense is able to cover up the weaknesses of both of these doctrines. :banana:
9 Aug 2018, 21:10 PM

Hey ^^
My old experience says , blitzkrieg could save you till late game due to smoke ability which is incredibly necessary for axis .
Bear in mind that survival can lead axis win .
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★