Login

russian armor

Kimbo DQd from GCS2 (conditional entry revoked)

A_E
24 Jul 2018, 16:36 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Kimbo was only ever given conditional entry into GCS2, this post can be seen here.

After allowing the referees time to digest, discuss and vote upon it, and seeing that it matches my own belief, and the overwhelming majority of GCS2 benefactor opinions - Kimbo has been DQd from GCS2 and his points no longer stand.

Let it be known that the official reason he has been DQd from GCS2 is for telling 200+ people on VonIvan's 22nd July stream that he ghosts (stream cheats) and that he has been ghosting during GCS2.

Video of chat. - screen sot of worst comments..

(The fact Relic have also timebanned him from the game is parallel and separate to this decision.)

To put it simply even if kimbo claims he was 'trolling', his constant remarks have ensured the entire community now consider him a cheat.

As this is a community ran and funded tournament, it is absolutely improper that someone that is widely considered a stream cheat would be allowed to play in our biggest ever event. He is therefore disqualified from doing so.
A_E
24 Jul 2018, 16:44 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Can I please ask that people keep it classy in this thread as much as possible, no need to be insulting etc. thank you.
24 Jul 2018, 16:45 PM

Couldnt agree more with this decision. :thumb:
24 Jul 2018, 16:50 PM
Donator 11

Agree, right decision was made and thank you for doing so quickly so people (myself included) wouldn't have to wonder all week.
24 Jul 2018, 16:55 PM

at least kimbo ban is way more legit than stuve's ban :snfBarton:
24 Jul 2018, 17:28 PM

kind of feel cheated tbh, 2 of coh2s 'best ' players , both nearly guaranteed a place at the final and neither will be there.
so as such its a bit like the la Olympics in 1984 with the Russian boycott. to be the best u got to beat the best and sadly this wont happen.
ah well such is life and if kimbo does cheat he got what was coming to him as cheaters suck.
24 Jul 2018, 17:42 PM

No matter if Kimbo actually ghosted or not, but acting up the way he did even tho he was well aware that he got a conditional entry (and therefore had "high priority on the watchlist") was just completely reckless and embarrassing, and he got punished for it. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

It's a shame tho cuz losing tourney players in such a way is completely unnecessary and could be avoided easily. And not gonna lie, I think the upcoming Kimbo GCS2 matches (apart from the ghost sandbag abuse) would have been pretty exciting to watch
24 Jul 2018, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2018, 17:28 PMmaddon
kind of feel cheated tbh, 2 of coh2s 'best ' players , both nearly guaranteed a place at the final and neither will be there.
so as such its a bit like the la Olympics in 1984 with the Russian boycott. to be the best u got to beat the best and sadly this wont happen.
ah well such is life and if kimbo does cheat he got what was coming to him as cheaters suck.

I completly disagree with this. Neither Stuve nor Kimbo were "nearly guaranteed" a place to qualify. Kimbo´s playstyle is very unpleasant to watch and not having his ghost sandbagging and blobbing in the GCS main event is a good thing for spectators. Neither Stuve nor Kimbo have shown the emotional maturity to participate in a live tournament and thus were DQd, nothing wrong with that and only logical really.

On top of that, neither were considered favourites for a possible GCS win. So no, you don´t need to beat stuve and kimbo to prove you are the best COH2 1v1 player. I could understand your point if all of a sudden the likes of Devm, Vonasten, Talisman, Vonivan etc were DQd.
24 Jul 2018, 17:52 PM

So does this mean that... ghosting just doesnt help after all? :banned:
24 Jul 2018, 17:54 PM

I get it he is banned,but how many threads do we need to announce that he is banned for what ever reason. When does an announcement become a public shame. If your a full grown man, you should not be looking to humiliate a boy of 16 or 17 years old. If he is banned then just move on with the tournament and stop shamming people,its not right.
A_E
24 Jul 2018, 17:55 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

No matter if Kimbo actually ghosted or not, but acting up the way he did even tho he was well aware the he got a conditional entry (and therefore had "high priority on the watchlist") was just completely reckless and embarrassing, and he got punished for it. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

It's a shame tho cuz losing tourney players in such a way is completely unnecessary and could be avoided easily. And not gonna lie, I think the upcoming Kimbo GCS2 matches would have been pretty exciting to watch

The way I see it this is natural selection, we're not after the best automatch player we're after the best compeititve tournament player. Someone that has the mental fortitude to survive on the grand stage of our first organised dedicated live event tournament.

Stuve showed he didn't care, Kimbo showed an embarrassing level of misjudgement. Both were also soundly beaten by the traditional tournament heavyweights Luvnest and Jesulin.

On the plus side, we did get to see both in the tournament, and it was awesome. I wish Stuve hadn't refused to play his 3rd place match, and I wish Kimbo hadn't trolled so stupidly, but those things did happen. Now we lost two 'personalities' and the likes of Refero and Siddolio have a better chance to qualify to let's face it watch DevM vs. Luvnest again etc... (probably).
A_E
24 Jul 2018, 17:58 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I get it he is banned,but how many threads do we need to announce that he is banned for what ever reason.
Two threads. One of which has now been closed.
24 Jul 2018, 18:02 PM

at least kimbo ban is way more legit than stuve's ban :snfBarton:

Yes, maybe the high council of top benefactors will review Stuve's ban in light of actual cheating. :romeoHairDay:
24 Jul 2018, 18:05 PM

I get it he is banned,but how many threads do we need to announce that he is banned for what ever reason. When does an announcement become a public shame. If your a full grown man, you should not be looking to humiliate a boy of 16 or 17 years old. If he is banned then just move on with the tournament and stop shamming people,its not right.

He shamed himself when he cheated (allegedly :foreveralone: )

Frankly, I'm glad the community is at least open to discussing these matters, its refreshing.
24 Jul 2018, 18:31 PM

So is anything going to be put in place to stop other players from doing this?

Kimbo was found out and banned but this doesnt mean other players wont be doing it on the sly. There has been suspicious play from other games where players destroying/dodging mines what were layed through fog of war.

There is alot of money on the line so i wouldnt put it past people.
A_E
24 Jul 2018, 18:35 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2018, 18:31 PMMongal
So is anything going to be put in place to stop other players from doing this?

Kimbo was found out and banned but this doesnt mean other players wont be doing it on the sly. There has been suspicious play from other games where players destroying/dodging mines what were layed through fog of war.

There is alot of money on the line so i wouldnt put it past people.

Hey dude yeah sure, what you do is you get the eight best players and you put them on the the same equipment in isolation under observation in a studio at great expense.

https://gcs2.org/

;)
24 Jul 2018, 18:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2018, 18:35 PMA_E

Hey dude yeah sure, what you do is you get the eight best players and you put them on the the same equipment in isolation under observation in a studio at great expense.

https://gcs2.org/

;)

I didnt realise it was that far along, my bad :)
24 Jul 2018, 18:47 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Agreed with the decision, good job on handling this proffesional @thegcsteam :)
24 Jul 2018, 19:03 PM
Donator 11

I completly disagree with this. Neither Stuve nor Kimbo were "nearly guaranteed" a place to qualify. Kimbo´s playstyle is very unpleasant to watch and not having his ghost sandbagging and blobbing in the GCS main event is a good thing for spectators. Neither Stuve nor Kimbo have shown the emotional maturity to participate in a live tournament and thus were DQd, nothing wrong with that and only logical really.

On top of that, neither were considered favourites for a possible GCS win. So no, you don´t need to beat stuve and kimbo to prove you are the best COH2 1v1 player. I could understand your point if all of a sudden the likes of Devm, Vonasten, Talisman, Vonivan etc were DQd.

"Lack of emotional Maturity" Couldn't have said it better, thank you for this post
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS