Login

russian armor

BRITISH COMMANDER REVAMP DISCUSSION

20 Aug 2018, 15:08 PM

Changing the valentine is fiddly, it's never going to be as good as the cromwell, or if you buff it, it becomes literally a cheaper cromwell.

Buff it but make it slow like the Churchill I'd say. It's an infantry tank so that's probably more historically accurate and a 'light' vehicle that's durable rather than fast isn't something the game has right now.
20 Aug 2018, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2018, 15:08 PMLago

Buff it but make it slow like the Churchill I'd say. It's an infantry tank so that's probably more historically accurate and a 'light' vehicle that's durable rather than fast isn't something the game has right now.

Kind of like the Churchills back in CoH1 then. They could come out very quickly (3CP I think) for such a heavy tank so they could be pretty effective against an unexpecting enemy, forcing them to develop counters. As the CoH1 Churchills didn't really have any AT, they could be outclassed fairly quickly. It wasn't an overpowered strategy but it could catch your enemy off guard, and provided variety in strategies. Having a similar unit for CoH2 Brits would be fun I guess. I like the proposal.
20 Aug 2018, 15:40 PM

i like it, slow light vehicle but with fast deploy and as sander said cp3 sounds reasonable. I think it might work. Keep that 80 damage but buff aoe
20 Aug 2018, 16:59 PM

Bullshit, just because you don't know how to doesn't mean there is no way.

Of course I can try but I won't waste my time trying to prove some random stranger on the internet that'll just say he doesn't even care even if I do.

I honestly think i know a lot more about the British faction and their mechanics in this game than you
20 Aug 2018, 17:20 PM

There is no way to revamp brits to be a fun addition to the game

Shit you right we should just remove the entire faction and call it a day. /s
20 Aug 2018, 17:31 PM

I honestly think i know a lot more about the British faction and their mechanics in this game than you

Not when I change them up, something which I doubt you know how to do.
23 Aug 2018, 13:10 PM

Yeah I suppose totally revamping it's combat purpose would work, I quite like that, a sort of Heavy T-70 I guess? But yeah, you'd need it early, either 3 CP max or just allow it to be built from the platoon command post, in order for it to be effective. Just keep the recon ability at 8CP instead. The unit actually being useful early game would allow you to get some vet on it as well for once!

As I said previously, the valentine has a smoke mortar on it already. Allowing UKF to get it out early to deploy smoke for their infantry would give them a much needed offensive buff at the start of the game too, especially against MGs, without needing a mortar pit.

Would be a great "screw you" to a Panzer II rush as well. XD
23 Aug 2018, 13:25 PM

Also...

Currently you're yet to prove you know anything about the British faction in this thread mate, so I suggest you keep your God complex to yourself and find something constructive to say before we just dismiss you as trolling?

We're trying to have a productive discussion and brainstorming sesh here and nothing you've said has helped or promoted that.
23 Aug 2018, 19:13 PM

I just played with Tactical Support Regiment. Aside of 150 munition vickers/6pdr bundle this commander is pretty useless.

Not only that but "Forward HQ" or whatever it's called is actually bugged.

Once it's destoyed you cant make another one and I'm pretty sure you cant make two of them at the same time. So if you lose one you're bummed.

Kinda hilarious nobody even noticed commander-defining ability being bugged for so long
23 Aug 2018, 23:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2018, 19:13 PMKirrik
I just played with Tactical Support Regiment. Aside of 150 munition vickers/6pdr bundle this commander is pretty useless.

Not only that but "Forward HQ" or whatever it's called is actually bugged.

Once it's destoyed you cant make another one and I'm pretty sure you cant make two of them at the same time. So if you lose one you're bummed.

Kinda hilarious nobody even noticed commander-defining ability being bugged for so long

Yeah I noticed that, I kinda just assumed it was lelic being lelic and just nerfing it for the sake of it.
26 Aug 2018, 16:40 PM

Royal Armoured/Mechanized Regiment:

Designate Command vehicle 2CP

Field Recovery Operation 4CP

Vehicle Crew Repairs 6CP

Observation Detachment "Valentine" 6CP

Artillery Support Group "Sexton" 9CP

A Regiment build around the organic use of tanks and their support elements.
28 Aug 2018, 17:28 PM

Royal Armoured/Mechanized Regiment:

Designate Command vehicle 2CP

Field Recovery Operation 4CP

Vehicle Crew Repairs 6CP

Observation Detachment "Valentine" 6CP

Artillery Support Group "Sexton" 9CP

A Regiment build around the organic use of tanks and their support elements.

If we were getting Royal Armoured Regiment, I wanna see a Churchill Black Prince in there XD

I'd love to see how Axis players like being on the receiving end of a super-heavy for once :P

Also I'd like to see Discarding Sabot rounds as an ability for fireflies and comets as well to function like Heat shells in OKW elite armour.

(The Black prince never saw combat I know, but considering we see Jagdtigers and Sturmtigers in every match when they were rarer than Unicorns, I reckon it's passable.)
28 Aug 2018, 19:38 PM

If we were getting Royal Armoured Regiment, I wanna see a Churchill Black Prince in there XD

I'd love to see how Axis players like being on the receiving end of a super-heavy for once :P

Also I'd like to see Discarding Sabot rounds as an ability for fireflies and comets as well to function like Heat shells in OKW elite armour.

(The Black prince never saw combat I know, but considering we see Jagdtigers and Sturmtigers in every match when they were rarer than Unicorns, I reckon it's passable.)

Sabot rounds are a good idea that could be implemented, the Black Prince is sadly not.

Due to the limits of model modding basically, I have too thought about the Churchill hull together with the Comet turret and Firefly gun being combined to create this beast of British engineer but sadly like I already said, not possible.
29 Aug 2018, 03:45 AM

I really like the idea of DS rounds as a commander ability. Why not let the Cromwell use it too? IIRC all okw tanks can use HEAT shells from elite armored.

Black prince would be cool, but sadly not really an option since there’s never gonna be any new models for this game.
30 Aug 2018, 22:26 PM

I made most of these with existing abilities and units in mind so that they could be made fast and with minimal effort. I dont like that OKW, USA and Brit have so little commander variaty while OST and SOV got a lot of commanders that are just rearanged a bit. Since this worked mostely for the original factions i pitched to do the same thing for the newer factions as well. Here is another one that i have thought of since.

Royal Lend Lease Regiment

M2 Flamethrower 0CP

M21 Mortar halftrack 3CP (fixes britains mortar problem, for a fuel price)

M5A1 Stuart 4CP (allows you to go bofors or have both AI and AT light verhicles early game)

Air Resuply Operation 4CP

Air Supremacy 12CP
5 Sep 2018, 17:49 PM

I made most of these with existing abilities and units in mind so that they could be made fast and with minimal effort. I dont like that OKW, USA and Brit have so little commander variaty while OST and SOV got a lot of commanders that are just rearanged a bit. Since this worked mostely for the original factions i pitched to do the same thing for the newer factions as well. Here is another one that i have thought of since.

Royal Lend Lease Regiment

M2 Flamethrower 0CP

M21 Mortar halftrack 3CP (fixes britains mortar problem, for a fuel price)

M5A1 Stuart 4CP (allows you to go bofors or have both AI and AT light verhicles early game)

Air Resuply Operation 4CP

Air Supremacy 12CP

That makes sense, although I think relic specified somewhere that they wanted the newer factions' commanders to be unique and the older ones to be a lot more similar. Not to say I don't like the idea of them adding a load of new similar commanders to the new factions though.
5 Sep 2018, 17:58 PM

I really like the idea of DS rounds as a commander ability. Why not let the Cromwell use it too? IIRC all okw tanks can use HEAT shells from elite armored.

Black prince would be cool, but sadly not really an option since there’s never gonna be any new models for this game.

Yeah new models are extremely unlikely, new units in general are pretty unlikely too as they mess with balance and the balance right now is pretty good. But I like to dream :P

Sabot rounds for everything would be good, although historically only the 6pdr (tanks and at gun) and the comet's 77mm could fire them accurately, I believe the firefly could use them but only at less than 500 metres I think as the muzzle break disturbed the projectile making it horrifically inaccurate.

Using Sabot on a cromwell would basically make it a comet though, probably better than the comet as the comet right now is awful. The 6 pdr already has sabot rounds in game at vet 3 and the 17 pdr has the ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★