Login

russian armor

WEHRMACHT COMMANDER REVAMP DISCUSSION

3 Aug 2018, 14:11 PM

German Infantry Doctrine

[0CP]
(Passive) Ambush Camouflage.
Grenadiers, Panzer Grenadiers and MG42s can be upgraded with better camouflage, concealing them in cover and deep snow.

Cost 30 munitions to upgrade.

[2CP]
(Passive) Model 24 grenade.

Allows Grenadiers to use Model 24 "Potato Masher" grenade instead of Rifle grenade.
Cost 25 munitions.

[2CP]
Call-in Artillery Field Officer.
An Artillery Field Officer specializing in supporting troops is allocated to your command.

Cost 240 manpower.

[7CP]
(Passive) Infantry Reserve.
Command releases reserve infantry, the Grenadiers squad size is now increased.

Grenadiers squad size is now increased by 1.

[12CP]
Railway Artillery Support.
A Railway gun will fire three large caliber shells into the designated area, causing massive damage to any unit that is in the area.
Cost 200 munitions.
Fires 3 shells at target area.

German Infantry Doctrine
The German Infantry Doctrine giving a significant boost to Ostheer infantry but decreasing the late-game armour potential. An excellent balance of attack/defense capabilities gives opportunity to ambush and flank enemy troops while Artillery Officer provides accuracy aura for dealing with infantry. If situation on the frontline goes tie, additional infantry reserve and Railway Artillery Support will help you to push forward.
3 Aug 2018, 23:46 PM

something like this for infantry commander? ^^

a infantry commander should synergize different kind of infantry, improve ass grens as cqb unit, we want to play with them!

6 Aug 2018, 18:22 PM

One change I would love to see:

Spotting scopes now increase the main-gun accuracy by 50%, if stationary. (remove the 50% sight range bonus and remove spotting scopes for Panzerwerfer)

or

Spotting scope upgrade now gives access to a timed ability (30sec?) that costs (35?) munitions, which increases the sight range by 50% if stationary, rather than a permanent effect. 60 seconds cooldown. Similar to the vet 1 ability of SU76, SU85 etc.

This would make them a lot more balanced but still viable. Like seriously, spotting scopes are so ridiculously broken in teamgames on 80% of the maps, it's not even funny. Every tank (esp. Elefants and Brummbars) just spots for itself, and a sight range that is big enough to detect any flanking attempt so you have more than enough time to react on it without having to use your brain aka using different units to scout for your tanks.
12 Aug 2018, 09:15 AM

Hi there, my suggestion for the new "German infantry doctrine";

- Defensive fortifications ( give pve players a bit more love COH2!!)
- Tactical movement
- Mobile retreat point ( this is imo the essence of a proper infantry doctrine)
- Durable long range AT, like Hetzer or Jagdpanzer
- Stuka divebomber or stuka close air support.

12 Aug 2018, 10:22 AM

Hi there, my suggestion for the new "German infantry doctrine";

- Defensive fortifications ( give pve players a bit more love COH2!!)
- Tactical movement
- Mobile retreat point ( this is imo the essence of a proper infantry doctrine)
- Durable long range AT, like Hetzer or Jagdpanzer
- Stuka divebomber or stuka close air support.

This sounds good but it's more like a Defensive Infantry doctrine than just Infantry doctrine.

Tank traps combined with Entrenching tools and a retreat point for command bunkers really do sound like a great idea as a forward base sort of.

That gives me an idea for a 4th upgrade to the bunker for repair pioneers and the command bunker getting a retreat point as doctrinal things, you'd get something like the OKW.
12 Aug 2018, 10:24 AM

Hi Soldier, yes i would give the infantry a bit more staying power and survivability, so you can hit and run with infantry more frequently. Which i think this doctrine lacks atm.
19 Aug 2018, 10:00 AM

German Infantry doctrine revamp

CP 0 - Ambush camouflage
CP 0 - Goliath [can be built from HQ]
CP 2 - G43 rifles
CP 2 - Urban PanzerGrenadiers [Pgrens with flamethrower]
CP 6 - Luftwaffe incendiary bombing

Early game infantry based doctrine focused on ambushing enemy on urban maps and flushing them from the buildings/fortifications later on
21 Aug 2018, 14:23 PM

My idea is mostly adapt from @V.A.T.S. ideas
German Infantry doctrine :
- [2CP] (Passive) Model 24 grenade.
- [2CP] Call-in Artillery Field Officer.
- [7CP] (Passive) Infantry Reserve. ; Grenadiers squad size is now increased by 1.
- [8CP] Call-in STuG-E Assault Gun
- [12CP] Fragmentation Bomb or Rail Artillery

Stun grenade help Grenadiers and Panzergrenadiers win engagements and officer support infantries early game, increase squad side for Grenadiers more survive in mid to lategame, call-in STuG-E to support infantries and lategame artilery/air strike support late game.
23 Aug 2018, 11:12 AM

As much as model 24 grenade looks interesting can you convince me why would it be better/more desirable to use rather than a normal rifle nade?

Plus G43 don't fit to german infantry commander design. It's more elite and unique weapon for soldiers and it's already in too many doctrines
23 Aug 2018, 20:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2018, 11:12 AMStark
As much as model 24 grenade looks interesting can you convince me why would it be better/more desirable to use rather than a normal rifle nade?

Plus G43 don't fit to german infantry commander design. It's more elite and unique weapon for soldiers and it's already in too many doctrines

I think its really hard to revamp this commander because of the similarity to the "Jaeger Infantry Commander" which has so many abilities that could be used for the "German Infantry Commander".
Maybe it would be better to revamp the "Storm Commander" / "Festung Armour C."instead of "German Infantry". Especially the "Storm commander" (one of the worst designed commanders imo) could give the faction something new and fresh.

Just a suggestion:
New "Storm Doctrine"

0CP - Breakthrough Tactics
1CP - Reworked Sturm Offizier (could be useful for Breakthrough Doctrine too)
4CP – Smoke Bombs
12CP- Stuka Dive Bomb
13CP- Tiger I

You would have a nice mix of ammo, fuel and manpower based abilities.
26 Aug 2018, 14:28 PM

Hinterhaltung doctrine:

Assault Grenadiers 0CP

Ambush camouflage (works on assault grenadier too) 1CP

Spotting Scopes 5Cp

Pak 43 Emplacement 8Cp

Stuka bombing Strike (the neutralizing one) 12CP

A doctrine designed around controlling the pace of the battle with units that can take initiative or take initiative away from your enemy. Also, it makes a new commander with the assault grenadiers. I would like to see more of them. Speaking of Assault Grenadiers.

Mechanized Assault Doctrine (Rework):

Assault Grenadiers 0CP

Sd.Kfz. 251 Mortar halftrack 3CP

Stuka reconnaissance overflight 4CP

StuG 3 E Assault Gun 5CP (current one comes out too late and your better off getting a Ostwind at that point)

Stuka Close Anti Tank Strafe 10Cp

I think the Mechanized Assault doctrine has too much call ins and redundant abilities at this moment.
The Panzer Grenadier call in is too expensive for what is and the tiger doesn't seem to synergies with the heavy early presence and overall playstyle this doc forces you in too. The light arty is fine if a bit bland. That's why I propose these changes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★