Login

russian armor

A merge question about engies and cons

19 Jul 2018, 14:10 PM

So, lately Ive been developin a new habit for myself.
Instead of reinforcin combat engineers, i merge them with cons.
Of course the idea is to back the flamer up with more effective version of Mosins.

But Im not entirely sure if there arent some unpleseant side-effects.
Isnt it by any chance that combat engies actually use the same (or even better) Mosin as cons?
Also, I hope Im not slowin the repair speed down, as cons with their doctrinal repair seem way slower
And if I would merge vet3 cons with vet0 engies, do they keep their accuracy bonus?
19 Jul 2018, 19:33 PM

No merged members use the weapons the unit they merged into. They also use the target of conscripts which is worse. So merging with CE be avoided unless you are trying to keep a flamer in the front line
19 Jul 2018, 20:38 PM

Like vipper said, the weapons don't change (would be silly to have a shock squad with some mosins in there). Thought I'd point out the difference in engi and con mosins tho. Engies still have the old 16dmg mosins with low accuracy. Cons have the new 10 dmg ones that are much more accurate.

Only thing engy mosins are better for is fighting a kubel, since the lower accuracy doesn't apply.
19 Jul 2018, 21:14 PM

Damn, so Ive been shootin myself in the foot kinda hard.:oops:
And I thought how uniquely smart I was when Ive seen none of the players anywhere do it. :rofl:
Thank God Ive only been tryin it for a few days, before askin this, since those chaps are an essential part of my Soviet playstyle
20 Jul 2018, 04:07 AM

Damn, so Ive been shootin myself in the foot kinda hard.:oops:

Yeah your idea was in the right place. Just not how the game works for merge. When it comes to recrewing team weapons, the recrewing squad keeps all of its old traits if you didn't already know that. Besides vet bonuses that is, only the initial 3 models that re-crewed it will keep their old vet stats.

Pathfinder crew mgs have bonus vision, shock crew mgs are hard AF to dislodge, etc.
20 Jul 2018, 05:24 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Conscripts have 1.06 target size IIRC, which is still better than the weapon crew's 1.25. You should always use Cons merge on weapon crews.

Engineers, on the other hand, have 1.00 target size, so using Cons merge on them is actually making them worse. The only tiny upside is the one manpower cheaper reinforce cost.
20 Jul 2018, 11:33 AM

Yeah your idea was in the right place. Just not how the game works for merge. When it comes to recrewing team weapons, the recrewing squad keeps all of its old traits if you didn't already know that. Besides vet bonuses that is, only the initial 3 models that re-crewed it will keep their old vet stats.

Pathfinder crew mgs have bonus vision, shock crew mgs are hard AF to dislodge, etc.

Yeah, I already know that about the weapons recrewin. Its not entirely rare to see a squad get forced to retreat by the MG crew that they flanked after walkin around half the map
22 Jul 2018, 06:39 AM

Hey guys, look what happend yesterday.
I merdged 3-man conscripts with ppsh-41 squad into one-man flamer squad, kept it a little bit on frontline, get it back to base, reinforced them back with engis, and that happend

Sorry for shitty quality, my potato-pc cant get anything better. And for russian hud.

It is not an visual bug, pssh-41s are working as intendent - i double-checked. As far as i know, pssh41 upgrade include now only 2 smg, but here we have all three+flamer.

So, is this a bug or feature?
23 Jul 2018, 13:11 PM

Hey guys, look what happend yesterday.
I merdged 3-man conscripts with ppsh-41 squad into one-man flamer squad, kept it a little bit on frontline, get it back to base, reinforced them back with engis, and that happend

Sorry for shitty quality, my potato-pc cant get anything better. And for russian hud.

It is not an visual bug, pssh-41s are working as intendent - i double-checked. As far as i know, pssh41 upgrade include now only 2 smg, but here we have all three+flamer.

So, is this a bug or feature?

The upgrade still includes 3 ppshes and I also saw this happen when my opponent merged his ppsh cons into a ZiS crew.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
Peru 23
unknown 17
United Kingdom 197
Germany 40
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W