Login

russian armor

Best Rear Echelon Weapons?

18 Jul 2018, 19:53 PM

I usually use Rear Echelon as my main line infantry, and I'm just curious what would be the best equipment to have for a main line infantry unit.
M2 Flamethrower (Rifle Company) + M1918A2 BAR combo
or
M1918A2 BAR + M1918A2 BAR combo
or
M1919A6 LMG (Tactical Support Company/Infantry Company) + M1918A2 BAR combo
Which one is best for fighting infantry, in various scenarios?
18 Jul 2018, 20:45 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It depends on the map really. Lots of garrisons go flamethrower, if it's long range get lmgs, else get double bar.
18 Jul 2018, 20:46 PM

I'd stick with one bar per squad until they vet up and make up for it with sheer numbers. Unless you have plenty of munitions in which case I'd say double bars is the most versatile.
18 Jul 2018, 22:51 PM

Permanently Banned
My opinion: M2 Flamethrower and any flamethrower that was picked up. Double the flame, double the fun against infantry in the open or in cover or in garrisons. Best when using them offensively.
19 Jul 2018, 00:21 AM

REs really don’t work well as your mainline infantry. They are 25mp to reinforce vs 28mp of Riflemen so you aren’t saving much in that respect and you lose a lot of firepower and durability for that small savings.

However, flamethrower REs are a powerful tool when paired up with Riflemen. You still should go for at least two squads of rifles before getting any extra REs, just so you can win early fights and have a platform for snares. Then get yourself two more REs and put flamers on them. You’ll make up for the fewer Riflemen by teching and getting the free LT or Capt.

An extra RE squad is a pretty solid way to back up your lines with double bazookas on both. Four bazookas will ruin the day of any tank diving past your AT gun or flanking your tank and you’ll need them if you go Pershing for repairs.
19 Jul 2018, 02:09 AM

I give them BARs if I want them to vet up faster, Bazookas don't let them vet up as fast anymore, sadly.
You should always use and arm your Riflemen and Combat Officers first.
19 Jul 2018, 03:39 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You should always use and arm your Riflemen and Combat Officers first.

Disagree. Rifles are decent enough without bars, putting one or 2 bars on your starting RE squad gives you one extra combat capable squad on the field in the early game.
19 Jul 2018, 06:38 AM

REs really don’t work well as your mainline infantry. They are 25mp to reinforce vs 28mp of Riflemen so you aren’t saving much in that respect and you lose a lot of firepower and durability for that small savings.
REs save plenty of manpower passively by taking less popcap. Manpower save comes from there.
19 Jul 2018, 07:42 AM

Keep in mind that RE get accuracy as vet 1 bonus making these weapon better in their hand than those of riflemen at least in start of the game.

It also makes volley fire suppress allot faster.
19 Jul 2018, 08:37 AM

Double bazooka to protect and repair Pershing ;)
19 Jul 2018, 23:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2018, 03:39 AMTobis

Disagree. Rifles are decent enough without bars, putting one or 2 bars on your starting RE squad gives you one extra combat capable squad on the field in the early game.

I'll give it that a try that next time.
Tobis why don't you stream anymore?
20 Jul 2018, 00:38 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'll give it that a try that next time.
Tobis why don't you stream anymore?

I came back home from uni for the summer and have been working. Been really busy, but I hope to get into it again.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★