Login

russian armor

Kholodny Ferma Winter issues

18 Jul 2018, 18:55 PM

Just curious if anyone else finds this map to be horribly frustrating in terms of balance? I'm around rank 110 to 120 on 4 factions, and as West player I can beat players rank 70 to 100, while on East side I'm losing to players who're rank 200. The matchup seems irrelevant - the West side player seems to have a huge advantage.

Issues with West vs East

1) The East player's church is way, way worse than the West player's mid house
a) the church is easily flankable from the north muni route, while the West house is pretty much unflankable due to unobstructed vision
b) there's a truck on the north west of the church which provides green cover for flamers to attack the church
c) the church has an exposed door for the West player to rush hmgs into, which can lock most of the East player's access to the map (it's very hard to wire that door because it's quite deep and exposed in Western territory)
d) The mid house for the West player comes with a long stretch of green cover stone fence, which prevents a hmg rush AND provides lots of durable green cover even after the mid house has been destroyed

2) East player's more vulnerable fuel
a) Green cover from the tractor provided for the West player while trying to decap East fuel
b) Stug wreckage further South helps West player put more pressure
b) West fuel has no cover for the enemy, AND comes with 2 large stacks of logs which provide green cover to fight off East forces trying to pressure fuel

3) East player's more vulnerable cutoff
a) East cut-off is very near the mid, and is commonly regarded as easily accessible by West player
b) Control of north muni house makes it even easier to defend west cutoff
c) West player gets a truck and a stack of wood to give green cover when trying to reclaim cutoff. East player only gets wooden fences.

4) East player has poor access to mid VP
a) East player is much further from the mid VP
b) Long stretch of road/red cover for East player
c) West already has the better house, + stone fences. West even gets a stug wreckage for MORE green cover to contest mid VP
d) West player can flank mid using the church as a sight blocker, but East player cannot flank mid because Western area has unobstructed vision

5) East player has worse retreat paths
a) East has a long stretch of red cover when retreating from southern area of map
b) Some areas cause East forces to take a long winding retreat path through the mid with lots of red cover

6) East player has a random garrison in front of base for West player to attempt a base lock
a) There's a house with a convenient door for West player to attempt a hmg base-lock on East player
b) The house is seldom advantageous for the East player, but can serve as a huge liability
c) The house has 4 windows facing East player's retreat path along the middle road

Things which I think are fairly equal - top and bottom VP access, muni access.

East player needs to do a lot to equalise the cover situation through terraforming/wiring, because almost all the map terrain and objects are highly favourable to West player.

Overall, I believe this map to be in need of some overhauls. I hope other people agree as well.

18 Jul 2018, 19:01 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hey Felix,

1. Wrong forum.

2. You noticed that Kholodny ferma sommer got reworked?

3. You like the new KFS?

4. I am in discuss with Relic about this map at all. Give me time :P
18 Jul 2018, 19:44 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Just remove it. If it is literally just going to be a clone of KFS but with deep snow in places then why would anyone enjoy it over KFS.
18 Jul 2018, 20:48 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Just remove it. If it is literally just going to be a clone of KFS but with deep snow in places then why would anyone enjoy it over KFS.

There is no deep snow anymore. Should be away for ALL MAPS since DBP
18 Jul 2018, 23:21 PM

Is there a change log about this(and other maps) rework?
19 Jul 2018, 10:57 AM

Hey Felix,

1. Wrong forum.

3. You like the new KFS?

4. I am in discuss with Relic about this map at all. Give me time :P

Hi bro Sturmpanther, sorry about point 1! Is it supposed to be under Mapping Discussion?

2. Yes, 3. Yes, much better. Still West favoured imo but very playable now

4. ok! Hope they listen to you! I don't have enough vetoes so I still have to play it in automatch a lot :*(
19 Jul 2018, 11:51 AM
Donator 22

Can we just clone the map to make it identical to the summer version and then remove one? I would prefer to keep the winter version because of the winter skins (gotta love those white pio helmets).
19 Jul 2018, 12:09 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

19 Jul 2018, 12:10 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Can we just clone the map to make it identical to the summer version and then remove one? I would prefer to keep the winter version because of the winter skins (gotta love those white pio helmets).

Today I will have a voicecall with Relic and discuss everything.
19 Jul 2018, 14:18 PM

Yeah, I got KF Winter the other day as East Spawn and sighed when I realized that the Summer changes weren't copied over. Personally I'd sooner have them remove it and then add a new map. Duplicate maps after they removed Cold Tech is pretty pointless.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★