Login

russian armor

Invisible Squad Indicator Icon, UI garrison not updating

8 Jul 2018, 20:28 PM

Hello. I am adding the 25 Pounder into CoH 2. So far, it can be built, animates and works with a few exceptions.

This screenshot shows the 25s. The right one has a squad garrisoned, but it cannot be seen (which is fine) but the UI on the bottom doesn't update. You can tell the squad to disembark still.
  • The aiming cone does not update with the gun rotation, even though the abilities work. I can fix the cone by adding in a moving_ext, but then the gun does not animate its rotation.
  • The Squad indicator/icon above the emplacement will not show up. This was solved by recloning the 17 pounder the gun. I have no clue what fixed it but it works.
  • The garrisoned squad isn't show in the UI on the bottom.

I have seen this strange behavior before when spawners spawn entities instead of squads. Any help to fix these 3 things would be greatly appreciated.
9 Jul 2018, 05:46 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Looking good!

• The aiming cone does not update with the gun rotation, even though the abilities work. I can fix the cone by adding in a moving_ext, but then the gun does not animate its rotation.

This is because the gun does not "move" when it rotates, like other team weapons do. It just pivots, which is a different thing code-wise. You'll see it when you compare the gun entity to other static howitzers and I'm honestly not sure if there's anything you can do about it.
11 Jul 2018, 10:36 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Its like adding a aiming cone to a mortar, which is strange and probably buggy. My suggestion would to be to work around this little bug and use a special range indicator rather than the current facing one.
15 Jul 2018, 13:20 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

For the garrisoning: the emplacement only has one visible model slot and you can not mod more in. (If you look closely the left has 3 crew while the right has 4.) I can not say why you can not see the squad in the UI, though I think this it has to due with the EBPS, UI, Squad select. With only one model able to be shown, I would advise disable garrisoning. This one model can be a weapon team and its attach crew, but in order to allow a weapon team to garrison infantry would be requirement as well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★