Login

russian armor

Light Vehicle Meta needs to Stop

20 Jul 2018, 17:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2018, 09:02 AMLago

That's literally what the T0 mortar is for.

But I wanna just spam RIFLEMEN throw some BARS on them and ATTACK Move THOUGH THE ENEMY! it's not FAIR they have the chance to fight back!
20 Jul 2018, 19:46 PM

But I wanna just spam RIFLEMEN throw some BARS on them and ATTACK Move THOUGH THE ENEMY! it's not FAIR they have the chance to fight back!

Yeah, like OKW gets to do with Volks and Strums the first 2 minutes of the game.
20 Jul 2018, 22:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2018, 19:46 PMCODGUY

Yeah, like OKW gets to do with Volks and Strums the first 2 minutes of the game.

In all my games I have yet to see a volks and Sturm Bar blob...
21 Jul 2018, 01:39 AM

So you've never played against OKW?
21 Jul 2018, 06:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2018, 01:39 AMCODGUY

So you've never played against OKW?

Tell us how often you encounter OKW armed with american made Browning Automatic Rifles?
21 Jul 2018, 07:40 AM

Tell us how often you encounter OKW armed with american made Browning Automatic Rifles?

That's not the point. The point is we have a faction that starts off with essentially shock troops while everyone else gets piss poor engineers.
21 Jul 2018, 07:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2018, 07:40 AMCODGUY
That's not the point.

Then why did you call them BAR blobs?
21 Jul 2018, 07:53 AM

Just replace BAR with STG then :welcome:
21 Jul 2018, 08:05 AM

Then why did you call them BAR blobs?

Someone else did that, take it up with then.
21 Jul 2018, 08:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2018, 08:05 AMCODGUY

Someone else did that, take it up with then.

I suggest you first reach 100 games as OKW and Wer and then continue to debate.
21 Jul 2018, 17:39 PM

That's not the point. The point is we have a faction that starts off with essentially shock troops while everyone else gets piss poor engineers.

Yes, OKW starting squad is definitely comparable to a 6 man squad which has body armour, elite grenades, smoke grenades, and has double the DPS of Sturmpios at close range.

And Brits definitely start with Engineers. As claimed by a guy who plays pretty much only USF and UKF.
21 Jul 2018, 18:18 PM

Yes, OKW starting squad is definitely comparable to a 6 man squad which has body armour, elite grenades, smoke grenades, and has double the DPS of Sturmpios at close range.

And Brits definitely start with Engineers. As claimed by a guy who plays pretty much only USF and UKF.

I wasn't trying to say Strumpioneers were like Soviet shock troops, but that they were a generic form of "shock" troops as in a they are a highly effective infantry unit that happens to have engineer abilities.
21 Jul 2018, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2018, 18:18 PMCODGUY

I wasn't trying to say Strumpioneers were like Soviet shock troops, but that they were a generic form of "shock" troops as in a they are a highly effective infantry unit that happens to have engineer abilities.

So effective even that they rarely find themselves on the front after vet starts stacking up unless they have a Shrek despite being nearly 1/10 your pop cap.
21 Jul 2018, 18:55 PM

UKF says hi.
23 Jul 2018, 12:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2018, 02:18 AMCODGUY

Anyone who says USF has no weaknesses hasn't spent any time playing USF. They were the worst faction in the game for a long time until the winter 2017 patch with the Jackson buff and then this last spring with the "screw Brits 2018 balance patch". Early game is a nightmare for USF between Volks blobs + Strumpioneer rushes and then God help you if your OST opponent rushes an MG42 into a building early because you aren't getting it out anytime soon.

Sorry, but i started playing after "Make Jackson great again" patch. It is hard early game vs OKW, but if you play correctly (utilise cover) and focus on pios you can go even, just to survive until captain or lieutenant. But you are right, why the hell you have to play suprimely good when your opponent just blobs everything and goes on your face then wins...

I hate to say that, but mg42 in buildings are pain in the ass for USF, you are simply forced to go somewhere else, cause getting grenades upgrade is too costly (why volks have a free flamenade?!). Im not even saying that you can't kill a sniper until 6/7 minute mark, because why would USF need any counter for that.
23 Jul 2018, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 12:06 PMSeroth

I hate to say that, but mg42 in buildings are pain in the ass for USF, you are simply forced to go somewhere else, cause getting grenades upgrade is too costly (why volks have a free flamenade?!)

For this reason USF has a mortar at T0.
OKW gets free flame nade because they literally have NOTHING to fight garissonned otherwise. LeIG is locked behind a teching choice that costs 40 Fuel.

23 Jul 2018, 12:27 PM

For this reason USF has a mortar at T0.
OKW gets free flame nade because they literally have NOTHING to fight garissonned otherwise. LeIG is locked behind a teching choice that costs 40 Fuel.

I heard it thousands of times, yes t0 mortar with buffed dmg for garrisoned units i agree, but it leaves you with less rifleman, so holding off enemy charge at your mortar is harder. Another thing OST does against me is they simply build their own mortar, since they can at about the same time in their t1. What do you do then, huh? Remember that all the time fighting they have the fuel and are snowballing. You can get you point back after Stuart or Howitzer, but thats in 6/7 min mark :/
23 Jul 2018, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 12:27 PMSeroth

I heard it thousands of times, yes t0 mortar with buffed dmg for garrisoned units i agree, but it leaves you with less rifleman, so holding off enemy charge at your mortar is harder. Another thing OST does against me is they simply build their own mortar, since they can at about the same time in their t1. What do you do then, huh? Remember that all the time fighting they have the fuel and are snowballing. You can get you point back after Stuart or Howitzer, but thats in 6/7 min mark :/

Maybe the usf should get free squads when they tech up to help accommodate diversifying their BO. I mean sure the mortar will force things out of garrisons and provide smoke for mgs out of them but really if you can't just spam rifles to make your problems disappear are you really playing USF?

fun fact tho! Just like how the usf pay mp for their mortar Ost ALSO pays mp for theirs! So they Also impact their field presence by building one. Although they also need a unit to build their base and don't get free squads when they do it.
23 Jul 2018, 15:08 PM

Maybe the usf should get free squads when they tech up to help accommodate diversifying their BO. I mean sure the mortar will force things out of garrisons and provide smoke for mgs out of them but really if you can't just spam rifles to make your problems disappear are you really playing USF?

fun fact tho! Just like how the usf pay mp for their mortar Ost ALSO pays mp for theirs! So they Also impact their field presence by building one. Although they also need a unit to build their base and don't get free squads when they do it.

How do you diversify a BO with the same unit given for free?
23 Jul 2018, 16:14 PM

Everyone wanted more light vehicle game play few years ago. I really like the pacing of the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★