Login

russian armor

How to use halftrack?

6 Jul 2018, 22:06 PM

How should I sue the soviet halftrack? Merge from conscripts makes it so I dont have to retreat team weapons to reinforce, and the aa upgrade seems vastly inferior when compared to a quicker t-70. So should I use the halftrack? And how should I?
6 Jul 2018, 23:30 PM

Don’t underestimate the utility of being able to reinforce troops on the front line. It’s especially useful in builds without conscripts and even when you have conscripts you can just soft retreat to the halftrack instead of retreating your conscripts to reinforce. It really does help you maintain map presence and pressure on your opponent.
7 Aug 2018, 01:09 AM

As said above its a way to create mobile reinforce point this can help to send troop not fully reinforced back to the front faster(they will reinforce when passing near the halftrack. and as said by LoopDloop to keep the pressure going.

for the AA version never forget that it does suppress and hit infantery very hard.
7 Aug 2018, 13:48 PM

Don’t underestimate the utility of being able to reinforce troops on the front line. It’s especially useful in builds without conscripts and even when you have conscripts you can just soft retreat to the halftrack instead of retreating your conscripts to reinforce. It really does help you maintain map presence and pressure on your opponent.

While I agree with your assesment on paper, I hardly ever see it used in 1v1. perhaps once every 100 matches if even that. Same goes when watching casts. I seems like it could use some minor tweeks to make it more popular.

Perhaps just something small like a 50% reduction on suppression while moving, in stead of having it removed entirely?
7 Aug 2018, 14:04 PM

Well... the upgraded kills planes.
21 Aug 2018, 05:00 AM

Halftracks are usefull on longer maps

Current uses on top of my head

- Midgame Clowncar: A lone Mg/bunker? Move in with your engies and posibly another unit. Force its retreat, or push. Plant demos or use vision to destroy bunkers with a zis

- AA: Its quite expensive 100 ammo quad excels at shooting down planes, just be carefull not to get your units wiped by the planes crashing

- Saving manpower: Weapon crews are quite cheap (15mp vs 20mp of cons). It helps you to keep momentum as you dont have to retreat your cons after merging. But use it carefully, you dont have any other healing than the nurses on your base, so you should rotate low hp squads to back and forth.

- Saving weapon crews: Sometimes your weapon crews are cought out of position. At guns cant retreat, so sometimes they are chased down by lone infnatry squads. The halftrack can keep reinforcing 15 mp models to the zis and help preserve its veterancy

- And if you feel bold, get some guards on the M5 and chase down light vehicles.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★