Login

russian armor

Unused ToW Relic maps into automatch

6 Jul 2018, 12:29 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Im bringing again a set of unused Relic maps, this time a bunch of maps from the Theater of War DLCs. My campaign is for Relic make avaliable for all CoH2 owners and put in automatch.

In the hope that these maps appears in the Summer Maps Renovation Patch ( https://www.coh2.org/news/78087/map-patch-for-the-summer-patch ) or in the Commanders Update ( http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2018/07/03/commander-updates ).

Theres a bunch of old maps from ToW in automatch until today like: Minsk Pocket, Kholodny Ferma, Road to Kharkov, Moscow Outkirts, Oka River, General Mud and Rzhev Winter. They are all playable in ToW with minor alterations.

Days ago I proposed the same thing with the Ardennes Assault MP maps (https://www.coh2.org/topic/81060/ardeness-assault-mp-maps-into-automatch) . The community/Relic mappers doing minor tweaks in the maps and putting into automatch. Why? Because we need fresh air in the map list. :D

Many people played these ToW maps in the past maybe 1-2 times in SP and Co-op modes and never played again. Why waste Relic resources if all these maps are fit to automatch? All maps in the list seems balanced with different settings.

And why used this old stuff from Relic? Because is official content. Because they are good and maybe the QA Relic team will need less time to certificate this kind of map in a patch process. Relic mappers put many hours in that. Its time to community enjoy the hard work.

Its more QUALITY CONTENT FOR EVERYONE AND FOR FREE. MAKE IT HAPPEN RELIC!!!!!! MAKE COH2 GREAT AGAIN :sibHyena:

Heres my ToW maps suggestion:

Brody Tank War (6-8) - ToW Barbarossa 1941
Winter Storm (2-4) - ToW Victory at Stalingrad 1942
Breaking the Lines (6-8) - ToW Southern Fronts 1943
Heavy Rain (6-8) - ToW Southern Fronts 1943
Kharkov Divided (6-8) - ToW Southern Fronts 1943

Brody Tank War (6-8)

This map in ToW act like a campaign map, but we have luck on this one. MonolithicBacon (one of the best community mappers) already made a multiplayer version of them. And this map is a hell of fun.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=461474669

*Eastern front setting
*Rural setting
*Giant map with a lot of open space, perfect for tank battles. The 4v4 crowd will love.

Winter Storm (2-4)

*Eastern front setting
*Rural setting
*Snow setting (with no blizzards and thin ice)
*Pretty balanced
*Open map and a lot of space for the 1v1/2v2 meta
*The only con is the deep snow in this map. Relic/community mappers need to adress that.

Breaking the Lines (6-8)

*Eastern front setting
*Rural setting
*Mud on middle. Relic/community mappers need to adress that.

Heavy Rain (6-8)

*Eastern front setting
*Night map
*Rain (theres no mud)
*Thunders and lightning
*Rural and semi-industrial setting
*The rivers on this map is shallow

Kharkov Divided (6-8)

*Eastern front setting
*Industrial setting
*The river on this map is shallow, but maybe need little tweaks on this.

A_E
6 Jul 2018, 12:46 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Quality > quantity.
6 Jul 2018, 13:42 PM
Donator 11

Winter Storm Brody Tank War and Breaking the Lines are pretty decent maps but I'm sure they'd need a fair amount of touching up to get balance. Pretty sure there are also some in AA campaign that i've yet to see in a post

It might be better to just grab a community map.

6 Jul 2018, 13:59 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2018, 12:46 PMA_E
Quality > quantity.

I agree with you.

These maps have a good standart quality and made by Relic. ;)

Relic can you use their own process to give us better maps time to time, the Map Rotation:

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2014/09/09/community-map-spotlight

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2015/03/30/announcing-round-two-of-the-community-maps-spotlight-feature

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2015/09/17/coh2-community-map-spotlight

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2016/10/26/community-map-rotation

They can change maps like Vielsam (performance problems), Oka River, Liernux, Rzhev Winter and other vetoed maps by one of this maps.

Winter Storm Brody Tank War and Breaking the Lines are pretty decent maps but I'm sure they'd need a fair amount of touching up to get balance. Pretty sure there are also some in AA campaign that i've yet to see in a post

It might be better to just grab a community map.

I agree. All maps sugeried by me need to address some balance and tweaks.
6 Jul 2018, 20:09 PM

Permanently Banned
Are you think this maps are balanced for multi ?
6 Jul 2018, 23:12 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Are you think this maps are balanced for multi ?

Yes, they are. Like others old ToW maps in automatch. ex: Misnk, Road to Kharkov, Oka River...

Mappers only need address things like deep snow and mud.
7 Jul 2018, 11:53 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2018, 23:12 PMnigo

Yes, they are. Like others old ToW maps in automatch. ex: Misnk, Road to Kharkov, Oka River...

Mappers only need address things like deep snow and mud.

I'm afraid that it will need more work like cover balance, new sector layout, pathfinding optimisation, object adjustment for pvp balance. All those Relic maps were created for PvE games. They are using choke points or special sector layout to improve the PvE gameplay. So those maps will need a lot of testing (same story compared to the AA maps).
7 Jul 2018, 23:51 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I'm afraid that it will need more work like cover balance, new sector layout, pathfinding optimisation, object adjustment for pvp balance. All those Relic maps were created for PvE games. They are using choke points or special sector layout to improve the PvE gameplay. So those maps will need a lot of testing (same story compared to the AA maps).

Thats the reason I posted all this unused stuff in this forum. :)

MonoBacon already made changes to Brody Tank War map. This map is ready for automatch.

The 4v4 crowd will love Brody as automatch map.
10 Jul 2018, 19:46 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

I like all of the maps and bringing these maps to the rotation would be awesome.
10 Jul 2018, 19:57 PM
Donator 11

I agree. These are great, old style maps.
11 Jul 2018, 10:31 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I fully support this. New content, and better yet, vintage-style at that really scratches my itch, even if its "Optimized".

However, relic might take a small issue with this. You're supposed to pay for these, right? Its like being able to download WF/Brit maps on the workshop. I think I still have one brit map unlocked from some random game I played years back. The page its supposed to have got taken down.
11 Jul 2018, 15:11 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2018, 10:31 AMLugie
I fully support this. New content, and better yet, vintage-style at that really scratches my itch, even its "Optimized".

However, relic might take a small issue with this. You're supposed to pay for these, right? Its like being able to download WF/Brit maps on the workshop. I think I still have one brit map unlocked from some random game I played years back. The page its supposed to have got taken down.

You don't need to pay. Relic just need add this as normal map in a future patch.

Everybody have this TOW maps (and Ardennes Assaults MP maps too) in your gamefiles. Relic just need to unlock to you.
11 Jul 2018, 18:24 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2018, 15:11 PMnigo

Everybody have this TOW maps (and Ardennes Assaults MP maps too) in your gamefiles. Relic just need to unlock to you.

I know that its technically in the game files, but its still DLC. You dont pay for the maps themselves, just the privilege to play them, and giving people that privilege for free might cause concern in the business department.
11 Jul 2018, 18:26 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2018, 18:24 PMLugie

I know that its technically in the game files, but its still DLC. You dont pay for the maps themselves, just the privilege to play them, and giving people that privilege for free might cause concern in the business department.

Relic already did this with others ToW maps in the past, like the General Mud map as example.

Another example: Brody Tank war is a free DLC. Every player have this map in the first ToW in CoH2.
12 Jul 2018, 11:44 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2018, 23:51 PMnigo

Thats the reason I posted all this unused stuff in this forum. :)

MonoBacon already made changes to Brody Tank War map. This map is ready for automatch.

The 4v4 crowd will love Brody as automatch map.

When you had to choose 1 3vs3 and 1 4vs4 map, where you think it would be the best for automatch ( the less changes needed or noone at all). Which would it be?

And this here does not mean, that any of ToW will get into automatch. It is about saving me some time. I can't watch all maps.

12 Jul 2018, 13:20 PM
Senior Editor Badge

When you had to choose 1 3vs3 and 1 4vs4 map, where you think it would be the best for automatch ( the less changes needed or noone at all). Which would it be?

And this here does not mean, that any of ToW will get into automatch. It is about saving me some time. I can't watch all maps.

Brody tank war for 4vs4 and Heavy Rain for 3v3.

Brody is ready for automatch and Heavy Rain need some tweaks.
17 Jul 2018, 00:04 AM

Quantity > Quality, we need more maps no joke
23 Jul 2018, 16:28 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Any news on that or the AA maps?

Thanks

ps: Brody is ready for automatch.
23 Jul 2018, 16:42 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 16:28 PMnigo

Any news on that or the AA maps?

Thanks

ps: Brody is ready for automatch.

Neither ToW or AA maps will get in THIS patch into automatch.
But there is a chance to get them into custommaps in this patch already.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★