Login

russian armor

Brit tank scatter

20 Jul 2018, 23:57 PM

How did we get onto the centaur anyways?

If you spin your mouse wheel anti clockwise you should be able to find out.

But yeah the thread has been derailed badly.
21 Jul 2018, 08:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2018, 23:20 PMMongal

Who cares if the centaur was used in 28% of the matches UKF played in GCS2. Considering UKF lost over 80% of the games in GSC2 your logic is completely flawed.

UKF win raito is 2:13. As you said the numbers tells quite a different story indeed.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/81188/gcs2-citadel-faction-win-rate

I am simply responding to the claim that Cetnaur has "not seen it in a single game post nerfs". The unit is used regularly and more frequently than Ostwind. It is a cost efficient unit.

How UKF did in the tournament is irrelevant to if Centaur is used or not and the loses had much more to with UKF faction design than the performance of Centaur, my logic is perfectly fine.
28 Jul 2018, 01:46 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2018, 14:17 PMVipper

And that is cherry picking. One can not safely compare a single stat and come to conclusion that it needs a major buff in that stat.

And the PzIV with pintle would still be more expensive both in Fuel and MU.

The nerfs to mobility where completely justified (to prevent crushing) and actually irrelevant since the Cromwell remain far more mobile than PzIV.

In addition even if Crom and PzIV had the exact same mgs, Cromwell's mgs would be perform better since they would be firing on weaker targets.

If you are losing your Cromwells with its 45 sight and superior mobility to Shreck PGs you are probably doing something wrong.

You are not comparing Cromwell to T-34, you comparing a single stat and especially the one T-34 has that over-performs.

A "slightly premium t-34/76" make little sense as an argument when you talk across factions. It is same argument that was used when Penals, USF mortars and VG's ST44s where introduced with disastrous results.

Also check your stats Cromwell is 110 fuel not 120.

Once more T-34/85 is doctrinal, already uses the exact same mgs, is more expansive and is arguably one of best medium tanks.

Sherman is far less mobile than Cromwell and in faction that does not have stock access to Churchill and Comets.

I am not sure why you keep bringing more things into the debate. The facts are simple, you are suggesting a massive buff to the DPS of the MGs that goes up to nearly x2.5 times more. Solutions like that usually end up creating more problems than they solve.

If you think t-34/76 has best ai then why are multiple posters tests in this thread proving you wrong? P4 with pintle does best AI DPS and even if Cromwell got buffed to t-34 mg DPS p4 would still be better.

You know because it already is and Cromwell mg DPS would just be a clone (or slightly worse until you upgrade commander)

And P4 would have even more DPS in reality to these tests as pintles have better arc of fire.

You're the one clutching at straws when tests are proving you wrong. Cromwell AI needs some love and even with the love I suggest P4 will remain top dog due to its armour and superior AI. You are making some serious mental gymnastics here to prove your point but in reality the buff I suggest is not that outlandish.

The buff just seems silly but when you look at the fact the mg is taking roughly 5 times ttk as p4 mg or 4 times ttk as t-34/76 mg it suddenly doesn't look outlandish at all.

28 Jul 2018, 09:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2018, 01:46 AMroll0

If you think t-34/76 has best ai then why are multiple posters tests in this thread proving you wrong? P4 with pintle does best AI DPS and even if Cromwell got buffed to t-34 mg DPS p4 would still be better.

You know because it already is and Cromwell mg DPS would just be a clone (or slightly worse until you upgrade commander)

And P4 would have even more DPS in reality to these tests as pintles have better arc of fire.

You're the one clutching at straws when tests are proving you wrong. Cromwell AI needs some love and even with the love I suggest P4 will remain top dog due to its armour and superior AI. You are making some serious mental gymnastics here to prove your point but in reality the buff I suggest is not that outlandish.

The buff just seems silly but when you look at the fact the mg is taking roughly 5 times ttk as p4 mg or 4 times ttk as t-34/76 mg it suddenly doesn't look outlandish at all.

You are entitled to your opinion.

It is my opinion thou that generally buffing a unit's stat to OP levels to cover other issues of the unit is actually bad design. In this case increasing the DPS of hull and coaxial mg to levels over *200% of the average (as it was done for T-34) is a step in the wrong direction since similar units (medium tanks)deliver damage with different mechanisms.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 20
South Africa 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment