Login

russian armor

How about we not have any T0 MG?

5 Jul 2018, 07:36 AM

AT ALL. Because it gives it gives Wehrmacht a decisive advantage over all others. Vickers and Maxium have been nerfed into the ground but never the precious MG42. I wonder how much better balance would be without the damn things in T0.
5 Jul 2018, 09:59 AM
5 Jul 2018, 10:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2018, 07:36 AMCODGUY
I wonder how much better balance would be without the damn things in T0.

Pretty much exactly the same.

If you think moving the MG42 to T1 meaningfully delays it I suspect you've never played Ostheer at all.
5 Jul 2018, 14:30 PM

osther would be crap without it...because their t1 unit cant stand the t0 units from the allie faction Oo
6 Jul 2018, 01:26 AM

osther would be crap without it...because their t1 unit cant stand the t0 units from the allie faction Oo

LOL Grens beat the hell out of Riflemen and Infantry Sections all the time. Wehrmacht's T1 techining is almost immediate. Try again.
6 Jul 2018, 01:40 AM

Having the mg42 in t1 would delay it about 15 seconds lol.

And vickers is by no means a bad machine gun.
6 Jul 2018, 04:43 AM

How about no?
6 Jul 2018, 04:44 AM

honestly i think its more a map problem such as langreskaya/crossing in the woods

really open maps like that just makes mg42 arc a little too much to run out of at times
6 Jul 2018, 06:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2018, 01:26 AMCODGUY

LOL Grens beat the hell out of Riflemen and Infantry Sections all the time. Wehrmacht's T1 techining is almost immediate. Try again.

yeah? prove that! mostly all testszenarios the IS or rifle will win.
6 Jul 2018, 09:50 AM

So you do know why this change would be pointless.

So why post it in the first place?
6 Jul 2018, 10:02 AM

As a USF main,( the only faction I play where I feel T0 MGs properly screw me over) I'd be happy if they just unlocked USF grenades when the player upgrades to LT or Captain.

Right now between the Ambo, rushing to LT for my own MG and rushing for WR for some AT (I just find lacking MG's too hurtful to go CApt especially with the sub-par AT gun, so I rely on zooks until my tanks come out) theres too many competing fuel priorities for me to get an MG counter without losing ground to light vehicles or visa versa.

Remove the grenades upgrade and tie it with Lt/Capt?
6 Jul 2018, 10:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2018, 10:02 AMTomDRV
As a USF main,( the only faction I play where I feel T0 MGs properly screw me over) I'd be happy if they just unlocked USF grenades when the player upgrades to LT or Captain.

Right now between the Ambo, rushing to LT for my own MG and rushing for WR for some AT (I just find lacking MG's too hurtful to go CApt especially with the sub-par AT gun, so I rely on zooks until my tanks come out) theres too many competing fuel priorities for me to get an MG counter without losing ground to light vehicles or visa versa.

so LT or Capt tech = "free" unit + "free" grenade search ? all this without needing a RE to build a building
6 Jul 2018, 10:41 AM

That actually just means you suck at this game, and everyone you play against is better than you - that's why your squads get the hell beaten out of them. My Riflemen and IS dominate Grens easily when matched against similar ranked opponents.

For what it's worth though I actually do agree with putting all hmgs in T1. HMGs in general come out before you even have enough squads to flank them with.
6 Jul 2018, 14:35 PM

that change is ok when fight against su n usf. but against ukf? ost doesnt get any chance to win early engagement.
it is so controversial to remove from t0.
so i suggest how about we buff cons and riflemen :p
6 Jul 2018, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2018, 07:36 AMCODGUY
AT ALL. Because it gives it gives Wehrmacht a decisive advantage over all others. Vickers and Maxium have been nerfed into the ground but never the precious MG42. I wonder how much better balance would be without the damn things in T0.

go back to playing cod :nahnah:
7 Jul 2018, 00:56 AM

Permanently Banned
How about the original poster tells us what he wants Ost to build out of the HQ if the mg is removed. All of the other factions can build at least one other unit other than their starting unit. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THERE HAVE BEEN QUITE A FEW MG42 NERFING THREADS RECENTLY. WHEN THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO POLITELY SAY IT, I'M GONNA SAY IT:

PEOPLE WHO HAVE ISSUES WITH THE MG42 NEED TO LLLLEEEEAAARRRRNNNN TTTTOOOO PPPPPLLLLAAAAYYY.

GO AHEAD AND CALL ME RUDE. IDGAF.

Thinking the mg42 is op in it's current spot is like saying that combat engineers are op. How pathetic.
7 Jul 2018, 00:59 AM

Permanently Banned

go back to playing cod :nahnah:

I was just gonna say that, lol. I always refer to A-moving allied infantry blob players as people who should go back to playing CoD. Clearly they think they should be able to steamroll everything without much thought of maneuver. I laugh everytime an opponent complains about well-placed mgs stopping their barbaric hordes of infantry. And still even well-placed doesn't cut it sometimes as mgs are always prone to the gunner kill death spiral.
7 Jul 2018, 01:04 AM

Permanently Banned

so i suggest how about we buff cons and riflemen :p

Well, I suggest how about you read the patchnotes and you can see that the cons were just buffed, something that wasn't given to the poor grens. That is probably a more productive thing to do than changing your user pic to your sorry ass crying about the mg42. Riflemen were and are great infantry especially against Ost. The smoke was removed from them for a reason.
7 Jul 2018, 01:10 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2018, 10:02 AMTomDRV

I LOVE a T0 build vs USF. I'm very good at it so my opponents will get frustrated and call me a spamming noob. The key is to either have your forces super scattered or super concentrated. Super scattered is to use the very edge of the map and super concentrated so you isolate a single mg and potentially steal it. Then spam light vehicles and you'll eventually win.
7 Jul 2018, 08:34 AM

yeah? prove that! mostly all testszenarios the IS or rifle will win.

Have you seen what a rifle grenade does to Riflemen or Infantry Sections? Have you seen what an MG42 equipped Gren sqaud or two behind some simple sandbags can do to 3 or 4 Riflemen or Infantry Sections when they try to close in to attack or capture a point? This isn't necessarily bad or unbalanced in and of itself until you consider how friggen expensive the Allied units and their upgrades are to keep them even just on par with this 240 manpower unit (thats only 40 more MP than a sorry Rear Echeleon sqaud) and basically free access to upgrades and abilities.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★