Login

russian armor

Second Commander Rework

7 Jul 2018, 09:54 AM

I don't understand why OKW still can't build fuel and ammo caches since the ammo/fuel selection was removed from the faction years ago. OKW can't keep up with the resources flow of allies on large maps (4v4) when the match drags for 40+ mins.

Also the Pak43 AT is an emplacement just like any other brit emplacement, except it only takes one katusha to kill it. As any brit emplacements it suffers from the same problems, except it doesn't have brace and can be de-crewed. It needs to get the same defensive abilities as brit 17 pounder to be useful.
7 Jul 2018, 12:06 PM

Just my two cents:

Fortified Armor: Besides the spotting scopes still in the description text, I ... I dunno, should a Wehr doctrine have vehicle crew repairs?

Anti-Infantry Tactics: I feel like there's way too much overlap with Terror Tactics. Maybe add the DshK to it instead of one of the off-map artillery options.

USF: Admittedly, I don't play a lot of USF, but I feel like Heavy Cav has this huge divide between getting Rangers and getting the Pershing. I know Rangers are good for several reasons, but I often can't take them over the Riflemen I get at the start of the game. And if I pick the Pershing, I'm usually banking on one or two tanks (one that I can't decrew and repair either) and possibly be facing down 'cheaper' Panthers, Stugs or a Tiger of some sort. Again, I don't play USF often, so I have no idea how you could remove an ability and add something else in to make it better.

Elite Armored: I reckon this has some nifty upgrade abilities, but the Sturmtiger you might be banking on is really a gamble. I typically don't play this, so like USF, I'm not sure what's missing.

UFK: I play UKF the most, and Tactical Support Regiment and Commandoes Regiment the least. For the most part, Tactical Support is really munitions heavy, even if you can recovery wrecks (and not get your engineers picked off and just bleed manpower).

I will say that for Royal Artillery, I think it could be interesting to make the Valentine a Command Vehicle by default - historically and utility wise.

8 Jul 2018, 03:08 AM

Permanently Banned
My idea for OKW Luftwaffe Ground Forces Doctrine:
Fallshrimjaeger receive more utility: in the form of the ability to construct trenches. This allows them to dig in more easily behind enemy lines, provided the sector is captured, but not necessarily connected.
10 Jul 2018, 14:19 PM

Permanently Banned
I don't understand why OKW still can't build fuel and ammo caches since the ammo/fuel selection was removed from the faction years ago. OKW can't keep up with the resources flow of allies on large maps (4v4) when the match drags for 40+ mins.

Also the Pak43 AT is an emplacement just like any other brit emplacement, except it only takes one katusha to kill it. As any brit emplacements it suffers from the same problems, except it doesn't have brace and can be de-crewed. It needs to get the same defensive abilities as brit 17 pounder to be useful.

There's a reason why OKW don't have caches: they represent the worsening late-war Germany economy and instead, Sturmpioneers, Volksgrenadiers, and Jaegers scavange from vehicles and team weapons. This is emphasized on how aggressive & harrasment oriented the OKW is.
10 Jul 2018, 16:30 PM

There's a reason why OKW don't have caches: they represent the worsening late-war Germany economy and instead, Sturmpioneers, Volksgrenadiers, and Jaegers scavange from vehicles and team weapons. This is emphasized on how aggressive & harrasment oriented the OKW is.

That's a super duper representation and all but scavanging 2-5 (10-25 fuel) wrecks or team weapons over the course of an entire match is nowhere near enough to compensate for the resource gain of cache or two.
10 Jul 2018, 16:36 PM

Pretty obvious choices for some factions

- UKF is Artillery and Tactical
- OKW is Elite Armor and Overwatch
- USF more debatable but Tactical and Armor probably, though reworking Airborne support weapon drops would be nice.

IMO OST and SOV would be aimed at either A) Reducing redundant commanders who overlap too much with more "Premium" Commanders like how Anti-Infantry Tactics is basically an inferior Shock Rifle. or B) Buffing the commanders with strong unique flavor like Partisans to open up more commander-specific play styles.

That and picking commanders that open up the patch scope to buff units/abilities that need buffs or fixed like Shock Troops, Tactical Support P47 stafe, Advanced Warfare Strafe, etc
10 Jul 2018, 21:04 PM

Some Ostheer commanders are still useless, like the Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine.

The medicin packs are obsolete since the price reduction of feld-med and the incendiary bombing-run needs way more damage, like soviet incendiary ability.

Beside, maybe give Osttruppe the Panzerbüchse 39 instead of LMG42.

Or change tank-traps of Community Commander with concrete teeths with more hp.

10 Jul 2018, 21:34 PM

Some Ostheer commanders are still useless, like the Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine.

The medicin packs are obsolete since the price reduction of feld-med and the incendiary bombing-run needs way more damage, like soviet incendiary ability.

Beside, maybe give Osttruppe the Panzerbüchse 39 instead of LMG42.

Or change tank-traps of Community Commander with concrete teeths with more hp.

the incendiary bombing run is pretty weak but why do you think that the medicine packs are obsolete? Fastest healing rate in the game, aura effect AND combat bonuses for 10 ammo per package, it is by far the best healing source in the entire game apart from free veterancy self heal (commandos, volks etc) and can be really useful if used at the frontline together with forward reinforcement.

And supply drop, recon planes and stuka bombing run aka the V1 rocket of CoH2 obviously all is useful :)
10 Jul 2018, 21:59 PM

I don't think it is enough to make the commander attractive enough. But maybe only improving the bombs is enough to change my opinion.

10 Jul 2018, 23:01 PM

I don't think it is enough to make the commander attractive enough. But maybe only improving the bombs is enough to change my opinion.

Honestly I think the reason why this doc along with many other docs is rarely used is that there are a few ostheer docs that are much better(kinda too good) and completely stand out.

The prime example for teamgames here is Jaeger Armor doc. Spotting scopes that spot half the map for you, recon plane + stuka dive bomb to spot and destroy enemy howitzers and Elefants vs allies TDs. It's one of these docs where you think "why the fck should I ever pick a different doc??" It's ridiculous how versatile the doc is

And this is the general issue with CoH2 docs IMO... especially OST and SOV have these docs that completely over-shadow the entire rest. Maybe those should get adjusted in their versatility
11 Jul 2018, 18:33 PM

I would like to see concrete bunkers and tank-teeths for OKW defence commander. Insted of czech-blockades and dirt-bunker.
11 Jul 2018, 18:37 PM

Hopefully they change close air support and or infantry doc for ostheer!
18 Jul 2018, 14:13 PM
Senior Editor Badge

POLL results so far (the most voted 2 commanders per faction):

OST

Community Defensive Doctrine 28%
German Infantry Doctrine 12%

SOV

NKVD Rifle Disruption Tactics 29%
Community Defensive Tactics 13%

USF

Armor Company (M10) 38%
Tactical Support Company (Calliope) 15%

OKW

Elite Armored Doctrine (Sturmtiger) 37%
Overwatch Doctrine (Goliath) 28%

UKF

Royal Artillery Regiment (Valentine and Sexton) 48%
Tactical Support Regiment (Artillery Cover) 25%

20 Jul 2018, 20:38 PM

Soviets:

NKDV will be easy to balance, maybe simply change the last ability with an IS2. That would fit better.

Community Defence will be interesting to rework. Because I don't know what this one really needs. Nothing seems to fit for this commander. It is a supporter without Options for lategame. Changing that will make it op. But:
- The 45mm-PaK is kind of useless. Soviets don't need such a unit. Maybe cons-PTRS-upgrade can replace it in this case.
- The tank-traps don't work, because of less hp. If they would work Germans have to get abilies to destory them e.g. Ostheer-Pio with a demolition-charg and Westheer-assault-pio with a satchel charge.
21 Jul 2018, 10:24 AM

Added links to the new official discussion threads to the first post.
21 Jul 2018, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2018, 15:01 PMnigo
Unfortunately a little group of people will decide what commanders will receive the rework, not the community.

Well the community tends to bullshit decisions, so that's good!
21 Jul 2018, 14:08 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Who elected these guys? Who are them? Why not you?

21 Jul 2018, 15:40 PM

You're part of "the" community son, and thus, part of the problem as well.
21 Jul 2018, 16:43 PM

I hope they add an extra man to assault engineers and get rid of tompson machine guns for vehicle crews.
26 Jul 2018, 02:07 AM

Lend lease tatics :) revamped ploxs
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
Germany 34
Korea, Republic Of 3
Germany 46

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W