Login

russian armor

Fix and Bring back Caen

30 Jun 2018, 22:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2018, 22:40 PMA_E

No not tournament choice.... automatch variety map.

it sucks both in tourneys and automatch, tourneys don't have different requirements than automatch. Its the same game after all. Im honestly tired of people who dont play the game trying to bring back/keep shit maps for "variety". Urban (house heavy) maps have no place in automatch. Buildings in coh are flawed. Until there are no new quality maps we should stick to less is more like they did in the coh1 steam version.

And then certain people get butthurt when you call them out on this bullshit. They're not doing the game a favor they're making it worse but don't realize it and force their retarded artistic endeavours down the players throat. (not the people in this thread)

And btw there can be more CQC maps that dont have shittons of buildings but most mapmakers dont seem to understand that. Its either open or full of buildings atm.
A_E
30 Jun 2018, 23:01 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2018, 22:55 PMGiaA

it sucks both in tourneys and automatch, tourneys don't have different requirements than automatch. Its the same game after all. Im honestly tired of people who dont play the game trying to bring back/keep shit maps for "variety". Urban (house heavy) maps have no place in automatch. Buildings in coh are flawed. Until there are no new quality maps we should stick to less is more like they did in the coh1 steam version.

And then certain people get butthurt when you call them out on this bullshit. They're not doing the game a favor they're making it worse but don't realize it and force their retarded artistic endeavours down the players throat. (not the people in this thread)

And btw there can be more CQC maps that dont have shittons of buildings but most mapmakers dont seem to understand that. Its either open or full of buildings atm.

Caen is literally an attempt to make an urban map that isn't full of CQC and isn't full of buildings. It's most recent revision is even more towards that... This is exactly why I think it makes a good variety map.
30 Jun 2018, 23:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2018, 23:01 PMA_E

Caen is literally an attempt to make an urban map that isn't full of CQC and isn't full of buildings. It's most recent revision is even more towards that... This is exactly why I think it makes a good variety map.

As momo said the last automatch version of this map was a classic auto veto. It's just fundamentally flawed in so many ways. No coh2 map has ever gone from awful to good. Only already solid maps with flaws have developed to be good.
A_E
30 Jun 2018, 23:17 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2018, 23:15 PMGiaA

As momo said the last automatch version of this map was a classic auto veto. It's just fundamentally flawed in so many ways. No coh2 map has ever gone from awful to good. Only already solid maps with flaws have developed to be good.

I wonder how many times you played on this map? I mean I agree it wasn't perfect, but beyond saving, nahhhh.

I saw and played some great games on this map, never struck me as awful, just no where near ideal and in need of improvement. Certainly the best urban map for 1v1 I had seen I thought, and for that reason could have been a good one to give variety.
30 Jun 2018, 23:30 PM

GiaA,

The point of these threads is to describe what is wrong with a map to see IF IT IS POSSIBLE to save it.

What exactly do you not like about it? This information could shed light on other maps as well and raise the level of understanding across the community.

Momo took a huge shit right on the map/map maker and never said what he did not like about it. So I asked him and he responded cause he is cool like that :)
- Favors Close Quarters Combat.
- Pathing.
- Weird building placments.
- Cutoffs.

Cutoffs have been fixed. Pathing is an easy fix. Could knock out some walls or a building and open it up a bit as well.

I think the last map update was a "better the devil you know, than the devil you dont" situation. Caen has been played and people can describe what they disagree with. Therefore, it could be modified for better play.

Cheers

EDIT: What if this map does get back in and no one says what they do not like? Then its back AND not fixed. Pros, please speak up with details.
12 Jul 2018, 11:35 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Atm too less 1vs1 players (esp.top 100 players) response here. The only response i saw here is a no for this map.

And some top 1vs1 players do not care it seems like. I asked them but they don't reponse here so...
30 Jul 2018, 08:26 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

I'm glad there's still some interest in the map!

There were a very large amount of changes made before the last iteration of changes to solve Caen's problems, but it was never given the chance to be implemented for testing. With some testing from the community, it should be all good to go.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2018, 15:33 PMRosbone

Since we do not know what Relic and Sturmpanther are going to decide, I am just trying to get as much info out there as we can so they can make the best decision. Digging thru maps and trying to decipher what 10 people want to do with a map is A LOT OF WORK.

We are willing to give caen one more chance. Let's hope people will like and play the reworked version.

So 2 new maps are in the 1vs1 mappool then; 2 old maps will get kicked out. So the amount of 1vs1 maps will be the same.
1 Aug 2018, 13:29 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

LUL, i just found something out on this map, what I never saw before on any of my games or streams. Caen as it best xD

https://prnt.sc/kddgwf

There is a reworked version but atm only as sga file and not in steamworkshop.
1 Aug 2018, 15:33 PM
Developer Relic Badge

That's been there from the start! Why have sandbags for cover when you can have gothic architecture?
1 Aug 2018, 15:57 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Bringing back an instant veto. That’ll be fun
1 Aug 2018, 16:20 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Bringing back an instant veto. That’ll be fun

That's your choice :)

We've made quite a few changes to open up some major areas and a huge amount of uncrushable assets have been replaced to allow it to open even further.

I'm going to keep testing and editing while I can, but at this point, any feedback (even if it's from the older live version) is very welcome.
3 Aug 2018, 08:16 AM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS