Login

russian armor

conscript veterancy and their lack of weapon upgrade

24 Jun 2018, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2018, 19:52 PMTobis

It still works if they pick up other dropped lmgs. Commandos will fire the ober lmg34 on the move, normal troops will not.

the fire on the move is an attribute tied to the weapon.

Here's how it works:

The pick up item (the item you see on the ground), literally morph into different weapon depending on who pick it up, but this system isn't bug free. Similar case with the weapon rack

The commandos bren dropped on the ground and picked up by the ober is the same bren gun used by tommies. The ober can't fire the bren on the move.

This is how it actually work mechanically behind the scene. The observed effect is similar but it doesn't work the way you think.

Firing on the move is not an attribute you can just turn on and off for the weapon.
24 Jun 2018, 21:37 PM

Permanently Banned
If ostruppen can be given a MG42 upgrade I don't see why cons can't have a single DP for 45muni with t4.

It has much lower DPS than the 42 so would still stay balanced with high con accuracy at vet 3.
24 Jun 2018, 22:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2018, 21:37 PMroll0
If ostruppen can be given a MG42 upgrade I don't see why cons can't have a single DP for 45muni with t4.

It has much lower DPS than the 42 so would still stay balanced with high con accuracy at vet 3.

the point ----------->

U
24 Jun 2018, 23:34 PM

Hey fuckers, we all know that cons work just fine!
25 Jun 2018, 00:29 AM

Only thing I would do for Cons is make PPSh's non-doctrinal but limit them to 2. Maybe decrease the cost to 40-45 munitions. Probably make it require Tier 3 to be upgradable. If the price is too low leave the cost at 60.
25 Jun 2018, 00:54 AM

When cons pick up a dropped LMG42 :hansGASM:
25 Jun 2018, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2018, 00:54 AMF1sh
When cons pick up a dropped LMG42 :hansGASM:

Quite literally turn into 6 man obers.
25 Jun 2018, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2018, 14:19 PMMittens
Long story short:

Grens and volks get long range weapons as well as grens getting upgraded longrange.

Rifles/Cons/penals (stock/core inf) dont get long range but get compensated with more men......But that means you'll lose 1 man on approach to be combat effective, 2 after you get into cover less you get flamenaded or riflenaded.

The problem is that these units lack the long range firepower (without m1919 but even that is trash now) and or lack fair compensation for having to get in close.

IMO either a cost reduction to reinforce or simply making them harder to hit (slight adjustment, nothing large) might make them easier to close the distance to be combat effective meaning we can leave vet alone.

That's why you use multiple squads together. Leapfrog them between cover or just move up the one who isn't being shot (which usually results in leapfrogging as people tend to shoot the closer squads) or even better, come in from the flank as well. I think rifles are fine as is. I have no opinion on cons as I don't use them much, but that's how I would probably use them too if not as meatshields for maxims.
26 Jun 2018, 00:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2018, 14:19 PMMittens
Long story short:

Grens and volks get long range weapons as well as grens getting upgraded longrange.

Rifles/Cons/penals (stock/core inf) dont get long range but get compensated with more men......But that means you'll lose 1 man on approach to be combat effective, 2 after you get into cover less you get flamenaded or riflenaded.

The problem is that these units lack the long range firepower (without m1919 but even that is trash now) and or lack fair compensation for having to get in close.

IMO either a cost reduction to reinforce or simply making them harder to hit (slight adjustment, nothing large) might make them easier to close the distance to be combat effective meaning we can leave vet alone.

That's why you use multiple squads together. Leapfrog them between cover or just move up the one who isn't being shot (which usually results in leapfrogging as people tend to shoot the closer squads) or even better, come in from the flank as well. I think rifles are fine as is. I have no opinion on cons as I don't use them much, but that's how I would probably use them too if not as meatshields for maxims.

rifleman get BAR, and they are pretty nice if pricey. I actually prefer the bar since it feed into the rifleman's aggressive play style. Double bar vet 3 dual rifle is formidable.

Conscript doesn't get anything unless they go ppsh.

Penal, basically went through a grinder with the balance mod. It was the focus of the community effort early on and at the end it just stopped as the point where the penal was "inoffensive".
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 41
unknown 18
Germany 834
Germany 19

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %