Login

russian armor

Ægion's Mod [Update 9/10/2018]

20 Jun 2018, 17:50 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

[Last updated 9/10/2018]

Hello everyone, I am releasing mod designed to balance, improve doctrines, and to enable more non doctrinal options.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1417051983

I did not know that some countries have block the steam workshop. Here is a direct link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12ceC9vf0hd9TAyBTEOdaMLpZUUH-jirT

General

Soviets
T0

T1

T3

T4

Doctrines

Ostheer

General

T0

T1

T2

T3

T4
Removed

Doctrines

USF

This factions teching is being reworked to allow more proper timings and access to their equipment.
cashes removed
Captain and Lieutenant have been removed.
Major no longers comes free.

T0

T1

T2

T3

Doctrines

OKW

General

T0

Med HQ

Mech HQ

Flak HQ

Doctrines

UKF

T0

T1

Hammer

Anvil

T2
Hammer and Anvil research removed

Centuar
-able to apply suppression when stationary.
-no longer fires the weapon in bursts

Doctrines

20 Jun 2018, 20:05 PM

This looks solid and I really like what you've done with the British, they look more viable, just a question tho, apart from the M3 Halftrack giving weapons to your allies from Special Weapons Regiment, what was the other reason for removing this ability exactly? I think it was great as it allowed the British player to remain mobile, now more than ever with your added in mortar team.

And another thing, I also like what you did with the 250 Halftrack however I have a suggestion: allow it to reinforce when not upgraded and give it an upgrade to an MG as well, if possible that is.

Other than that this is just splendid.

Also one last thing, what do you think of giving the ability to team weapons of digging in? Imagine that you just build a weapon team such as an MG, a mortar or an AT gun, you set it up somewhere and can just use an ability for them to either spawn sandbags around them, which infantry units can use (ala Pak 43), or have an emplacement spawn on them?

I'm not suggesting you implement it, I'm just wondering for your opinion on it, that's all.

Cheers.
20 Jun 2018, 21:15 PM

And another thing, I also like what you did with the 250 Halftrack however I have a suggestion: allow it to reinforce when not upgraded and give it an upgrade to an MG as well, if possible that is.
Cheers.

150mp for field reinforce is much too low. perhaps when upgraded with an MG it could but straight up 150mp for mobile field reinforcement would be batshit broken
20 Jun 2018, 21:25 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This looks solid and I really like what you've done with the British, they look more viable, just a question tho, apart from the M3 Halftrack giving weapons to your allies from Special Weapons Regiment, what was the other reason for removing this ability exactly? I think it was great as it allowed the British player to remain mobile, now more than ever with your added in mortar team.

Other than that this is just splendid.

Also one last thing, what do you think of giving the ability to team weapons of digging in? Imagine that you just build a weapon team such as an MG, a mortar or an AT gun, you set it up somewhere and can just use an ability for them to either spawn sandbags around them, which infantry units can use (ala Pak 43), or have an emplacement spawn on them?

I'm not suggesting you implement it, I'm just wondering for your opinion on it, that's all.

Cheers.

The Resupply M3 dropping weapons was really a bit out of place. UKF already has on field weapon racks through the forward HQ additional it allowed more of an excuse to reduce the CPs

A 250 Half track for reinforcing would have extreme overlap with the 251.

Having weapon teams build sand bags is not a good idea. This is more of the role of the engineer. Weapon teams are really meant to be mobile. Pick up and deployed some where else when needed. For HMGs, Maxiums, Dshks are good for assaults. Ostheer, and USF has Bunkers/Fighting positions and UKF can build trenches for the Vickers. AT guns are a bit too large to to use heavy cover properly and mortars are meant to be on the back line so they do not need sand bags.

20 Jun 2018, 22:49 PM

The Resupply M3 dropping weapons was really a bit out of place. UKF already has on field weapon racks through the forward HQ additional it allowed more of an excuse to reduce the CPs

A 250 Half track for reinforcing would have extreme overlap with the 251.

Having weapon teams build sand bags is not a good idea. This is more of the role of the engineer. Weapon teams are really meant to be mobile. Pick up and deployed some where else when needed. For HMGs, Maxiums, Dshks are good for assaults. Ostheer, and USF has Bunkers/Fighting positions and UKF can build trenches for the Vickers. AT guns are a bit too large to to use heavy cover properly and mortars are meant to be on the back line so they do not need sand bags.

Yeah I'm just saying that it was nice not having to rely on an FA to get weapons in the field, hell I even wished that the USF had something similar even.

And yeah I agree with the 250 but it wouldn't overlap if you chose to skip T2, providing you still with a mobile and cheap but not as well armored or having as much space for transport of course alternative to reinforce in the field and still be mobile.

As for the weapon teams, I don't think you understood my question, it was more about them setting up and then being able to dig in not them having the ability to make sandbag lines like engineer units for example, but perhaps there would be a bit of an overlap if sandbags could be spawned around all weapon teams like the Pak 43 providing cover for both themselves and other infantry, but perhaps certain more frontline teamweapns like the MGs and AT guns could use emplacements spawning on them for a bit of extra protection, same for the mortars, even if they were wayyy in the back they were often dug in just in case in reality.
22 Jun 2018, 21:18 PM

I liked the change in the Lend-Lease commander: access to the weapons. But I did not like the implementation: It was more logical to give access to the US and British weapon racks.
24 Jun 2018, 19:27 PM

This should be the next patch notes.
26 Jun 2018, 17:01 PM

Opinion from my playtest with the British:

- Initial engagements feel better without T0 MGs which also affects the British, infantry play feels more dynamic and "natural" as ground is disputed by both sides and can end in either hands before being locked down by MGs.

- Would be nice for Infantry sections to get a "Medical" and "Artillery" officer when upgraded with their respective upgrades to further have a visual representation other than just the icon. Plus since it's now a passive ability it just doesn't make sense for a squad that look like ordinary riflemen to act as medics for example, this would "explain" it so to speak, I also think another mod did this but I can't remember which one. Minor cosmetical suggestion.

- Squad having fixed number of members and not being able to be bolstered makes more sense balance wise and nostalgically hits home, for me at least.

- Specifically for the Mortar, it's a nice addition to the British and allows for a more mobile force if the player decides to go that route, needs some more polish like a new icon and it's name should be "3-Inch Mortar team" instead of just 81mm Mortar, very minor cosmetical thing.

- Anvil and Hammer allow for a choice on behalf of the player, neither forcing or restricting the player into choosing to specialize in either for the rest of the game. I only have 2 suggestions for this, the first is if possible, it would be arguably more "realistic" and "unique" if you could switch between the 2 like the Ostheer can in the CoH: Eastern Front mod so the choice the player makes is inforced instead of having artificial side tech that allows for more units and abilities like the CoH2 Ostheer. My other suggestion being, some sort of mobile reinforcement point to "synchronize" with a mobile Army which the mortar also now supports as well being tied to Hammer. Basically it would be like this:

Anvil > Static defense (Forward Assembly and emplacements) and heavier but slow units ( ie Churchill).

Hammer > Mobile offense (with a mobile reinforcement point that can't provide infantry with weapons but perhaps can have a retreat point similar to the FA?) with quicker but less well armored or hard hitting units (Firefly is a good example of this, it's a glass cannon with a fairly good gun but paper Sherman Armor).

- The addition of the 25 pounder is very noslagic and spot on, I think you have nailed everything about this unit except for it's damage, I noticed a lot of shots landing near infantry but killing no models, it could be just me but that's just what I saw. My only suggestion for it is to give it more abilities like in CoH through the Artillery Doctrine, as in Creeping Barrage, Counter Battery, Overwatch if possible, same for the Sexton, plus as now the Valentine is put as a default unit for Hammer it just feels weird having the Sniper in there, it would make sense if it were a let's say "Canadian" squad but yeah...

That's about it to be honest, I had a lot of fun playing with the mod and I still think you did a really solid job with it, I was just so excited playing the Brits with a bit of a freshen up so to speak that I just wanted to share my feedback and opinions on my limited time with it.

And lastly, I would go as far as to say that in my honest opinion you should be part of the community balance team, if not for balance your "design" mindset is great and what this game really needs right now, you didn't even need to do a complete redesign of an Army in order to make it good again which just proves how very few changes in the right spots can make all of the difference, too bad they're considered as radical by most of the community but I guess that's just life for you...

P.S.

Just to further elaborate on my Anvil/Hammer suggestion, basically in Eastern Front the Ostheer can switch between it's Offensive and Support modes, paying one price the first time a choice is researched and a smaller price to switch to it at a later point.
29 Jun 2018, 15:37 PM

Permanently Banned
German mechanized already has the short barreled (command) p4. So how are u replacing scopes with something it already has? BTW scopes is THE BEST thing on the doctrine, so you'll completely fuck it up if you remove it. Not a fan of the sniper changes. I find all 3 snipers are very easy to kill now and no faction should have a problem with them anymore.

I think this will be an interesting mod.
29 Jun 2018, 17:08 PM

What is OKW gonna do against enemy infantry with Volks without weapon upgrade, Sturmpioneers with MP40s and Obers without LMG? Politely ask them to leave? Removing literally all their standard AI seems a bit too much.

Also what OKW could really use is a proper Panzershreck squad to counter the onslaught of late game Allied TDs.
30 Jun 2018, 14:43 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

German mechanized already has the short barreled (command) p4. So how are u replacing scopes with something it already has? BTW scopes is THE BEST thing on the doctrine, so you'll completely fuck it up if you remove it. Not a fan of the sniper changes. I find all 3 snipers are very easy to kill now and no faction should have a problem with them anymore.

I think this will be an interesting mod.

The Command P4 is no longer a short barrel and the short barrel P4s main gun has changed. They are now extremely effective vs infantry while still able to damage vehicles.

The reason why I removed the spotting scopes from mech was to keep the lefh 18 in three doctrines. I do not like how I adjusted Moblie Defense and I am thinking of adding a Lefh 18 to it. If I do I can replace spotting scopes and lefh 18 in mech.

What is OKW gonna do against enemy infantry with Volks without weapon upgrade, Sturmpioneers with MP40s and Obers without LMG? Politely ask them to leave? Removing literally all their standard AI seems a bit too much.

Also what OKW could really use is a proper Panzershreck squad to counter the onslaught of late game Allied TDs.

Volks do have three doctrines for upgrades, two for elite infantry, two for utility.
Sturmpioneers will did lose long range damage but gained close range damage as well durability. They also have a non doc flamer as well as doctrinal upgrades and abilities.
Obers come out much sooner and there rifles are still really good. Vet 0 obers will beat non equiped riflemen at any vet level. Vet 2 obers can fight against vet 3 riflemen with two bars.
Obers do have an 4 PZB AT rifle upgrade as well, making them very effective vs tanks.

30 Jun 2018, 15:31 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Opinion from my playtest with the British:

- Initial engagements feel better without T0 MGs which also affects the British, infantry play feels more dynamic and "natural" as ground is disputed by both sides and can end in either hands before being locked down by MGs.

- Would be nice for Infantry sections to get a "Medical" and "Artillery" officer when upgraded with their respective upgrades to further have a visual representation other than just the icon. Plus since it's now a passive ability it just doesn't make sense for a squad that look like ordinary riflemen to act as medics for example, this would "explain" it so to speak, I also think another mod did this but I can't remember which one. Minor cosmetical suggestion.

Base on my experience removing and replacing models with another tends to be buggy. In my previous mod I added an officer as part of the squad increase. My plan for this mod (next update) is to replace models of some squads with "Sergeants" for cosmetic changes and for a more diverse battle field.

- Squad having fixed number of members and not being able to be bolstered makes more sense balance wise and nostalgically hits home, for me at least.

Fun fact, I never played CoH1 online and only played the campaigns. All of my design choices have very little impact from CoH1

- Specifically for the Mortar, it's a nice addition to the British and allows for a more mobile force if the player decides to go that route, needs some more polish like a new icon and it's name should be "3-Inch Mortar team" instead of just 81mm Mortar, very minor cosmetical thing.

Icons and other symbols will come later. I am not very good with creating icons or using GIMP so I may have to steal borrow other peoples works. Fun fact, my avatar Icon and the previous was created with Microsoft Word.

- Anvil and Hammer allow for a choice on behalf of the player, neither forcing or restricting the player into choosing to specialize in either for the rest of the game. I only have 2 suggestions for this, the first is if possible, it would be arguably more "realistic" and "unique" if you could switch between the 2 like the Ostheer can in the CoH: Eastern Front mod so the choice the player makes is inforced instead of having artificial side tech that allows for more units and abilities like the CoH2 Ostheer. My other suggestion being, some sort of mobile reinforcement point to "synchronize" with a mobile Army which the mortar also now supports as well being tied to Hammer. Basically it would be like this:

Anvil > Static defense (Forward Assembly and emplacements) and heavier but slow units ( ie Churchill).

Hammer > Mobile offense (with a mobile reinforcement point that can't provide infantry with weapons but perhaps can have a retreat point similar to the FA?) with quicker but less well armored or hard hitting units (Firefly is a good example of this, it's a glass cannon with a fairly good gun but paper Sherman Armor).

Granted both OKW and UKF both lack non doctrinal mobile reinforcement points it would however create a large amount of adjustments for other things as well.

UKF:
The cost of hammer and anvil is one reason why I moved them to T1. This created a proper timing for the AEC and bofors, so a toggle idea probably will not work out all too well. The toggle idea also does remind me of CnC generals USA. Having the M3 behind Hammer and the forward assembly behind Anvil would be quite fitting. The Forward retreat point would be late enough so it wound not require T2. However this may just destroy Advance Emplacement. As much as people do not like it, I still want to make it viable. The quickest and easiest fix I see is replacing the WASP in Mobile assault with the M3 call in so at least two doctrines.

OKW:
With volks not having non doctrinal upgrades a mobile reinforcing would be quite beneficial. There is one mobile doctrinal reinforcement unit. Adding any non Doctrinal unit would mean replacing this ability entirely. I see two options for mobile reinforcing.

1. Add the reinforcing opel blitz non doctrinally

2. Make the SWS able to act as a mobile reinforcing point as well able to hold two squads. I am more leaning towards this idea. I would give it the same constrains as the USF ambulance, only able to reinforce while in supply and stationary. The cost of the SWS would increase by 100 to 200 manpower while the tech structures manpower cost would decrease by 100 to 100.

- The addition of the 25 pounder is very noslagic and spot on, I think you have nailed everything about this unit except for it's damage, I noticed a lot of shots landing near infantry but killing no models, it could be just me but that's just what I saw. My only suggestion for it is to give it more abilities like in CoH through the Artillery Doctrine, as in Creeping Barrage, Counter Battery, Overwatch if possible, same for the Sexton, plus as now the Valentine is put as a default unit for Hammer it just feels weird having the Sniper in there, it would make sense if it were a let's say "Canadian" squad but yeah...

I will look at the AOE values. Fun fact, the sexton body was based on the Canadian Ram tank chaise.

That's about it to be honest, I had a lot of fun playing with the mod and I still think you did a really solid job with it, I was just so excited playing the Brits with a bit of a freshen up so to speak that I just wanted to share my feedback and opinions on my limited time with it.

And lastly, I would go as far as to say that in my honest opinion you should be part of the community balance team, if not for balance your "design" mindset is great and what this game really needs right now, you didn't even need to do a complete redesign of an Army in order to make it good again which just proves how very few changes in the right spots can make all of the difference, too bad they're considered as radical by most of the community but I guess that's just life for you...

P.S.

Just to further elaborate on my Anvil/Hammer suggestion, basically in Eastern Front the Ostheer can switch between it's Offensive and Support modes, paying one price the first time a choice is researched and a smaller price to switch to it at a later point.
30 Jun 2018, 23:11 PM

Base on my experience removing and replacing models with another tends to be buggy. In my previous mod I added an officer as part of the squad increase. My plan for this mod (next update) is to replace models of some squads with "Sergeants" for cosmetic changes and for a more diverse battle field.

Fun fact, I never played CoH1 online and only played the campaigns. All of my design choices have very little impact from CoH1

Icons and other symbols will come later. I am not very good with creating icons or using GIMP so I may have to steal borrow other peoples works. Fun fact, my avatar Icon and the previous was created with Microsoft Word.

Granted both OKW and UKF both lack non doctrinal mobile reinforcement points it would however create a large amount of adjustments for other things as well.

UKF:
The cost of hammer and anvil is one reason why I moved them to T1. This created a proper timing for the AEC and bofors, so a toggle idea probably will not work out all too well. The toggle idea also does remind me of CnC generals USA. Having the M3 behind Hammer and the forward assembly behind Anvil would be quite fitting. The Forward retreat point would be late enough so it wound not require T2. However this may just destroy Advance Emplacement. As much as people do not like it, I still want to make it viable. The quickest and easiest fix I see is replacing the WASP in Mobile assault with the M3 call in so at least two doctrines.

OKW:
With volks not having non doctrinal upgrades a mobile reinforcing would be quite beneficial. There is one mobile doctrinal reinforcement unit. Adding any non Doctrinal unit would mean replacing this ability entirely. I see two options for mobile reinforcing.

1. Add the reinforcing opel blitz non doctrinally

2. Make the SWS able to act as a mobile reinforcing point as well able to hold two squads. I am more leaning towards this idea. I would give it the same constrains as the USF ambulance, only able to reinforce while in supply and stationary. The cost of the SWS would increase by 100 to 200 manpower while the tech structures manpower cost would decrease by 100 to 100.

I will look at the AOE values. Fun fact, the sexton body was based on the Canadian Ram tank chaise.

Ah, well I don't know about replacing models as I have never done it myself, I only saw it in another mod like I said, I like the visual representation of something.

Yeah I believe it's just that what they did in CoH made sense compared to a lot of things in this game.

Borrowing icons makes sense if you ask me, just ask politely and they should oblige.

Yeah I agree on both with you, I even had the same idea for the SWs back when I was developing my first mod as well, I just never got to it. But it's halftrack so it does make sense for it to be able to transport (and reinforce) infantry... and perhaps tow guns (lol).

Yeah I know about the Sexton, I'm still wondering why they didn't put it in CoH as well tho, and replace the American Infantry Company static M2 105s with the Priest instead, I just can't help but hate static pieces that can't be moved or destroyed, apart from the 88s of course, those things were just fucking beasts and were handy against AA.

Also one more thing, I did another playthrough of Ardennes Assault since I got it for 5 bucks in the sale and Baker Company (the mechanized one) really felt like home to me and still makes me wonder why they didn't include the Cavalry Riflemen M3 call in instead of the Assault Engineer Call in and the lack of the Combined Arms ability, which is basically the whole point of the Mech Company lol, I mean it should be focused on having Armor and Infantry support each other, no? Raid is nice to have and I guess a bit nostalgic for me but I'd rather have it and the Pershing in Armored instead if I'm honest, it just doesn't make sense for Combined Arms and the Pershing to be in the Ranger Company in multiplayer, maybe it would be better to go the AA route and have the WC51 truck instead of one of the abilities, and the Rifle Company's Sprint? I don't know exaclty but it feels like the abilities in the Rifle, Mech, Armor and Ranger companies in MP need a reshuffle, what do you think?
1 Jul 2018, 13:20 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Ah, well I don't know about replacing models as I have never done it myself, I only saw it in another mod like I said, I like the visual representation of something.

Yeah I believe it's just that what they did in CoH made sense compared to a lot of things in this game.

Borrowing icons makes sense if you ask me, just ask politely and they should oblige.

Yeah I agree on both with you, I even had the same idea for the SWs back when I was developing my first mod as well, I just never got to it. But it's halftrack so it does make sense for it to be able to transport (and reinforce) infantry... and perhaps tow guns (lol).

Yeah I know about the Sexton, I'm still wondering why they didn't put it in CoH as well tho, and replace the American Infantry Company static M2 105s with the Priest instead, I just can't help but hate static pieces that can't be moved or destroyed, apart from the 88s of course, those things were just fucking beasts and were handy against AA.

Also one more thing, I did another playthrough of Ardennes Assault since I got it for 5 bucks in the sale and Baker Company (the mechanized one) really felt like home to me and still makes me wonder why they didn't include the Cavalry Riflemen M3 call in instead of the Assault Engineer Call in and the lack of the Combined Arms ability, which is basically the whole point of the Mech Company lol, I mean it should be focused on having Armor and Infantry support each other, no? Raid is nice to have and I guess a bit nostalgic for me but I'd rather have it and the Pershing in Armored instead if I'm honest, it just doesn't make sense for Combined Arms and the Pershing to be in the Ranger Company in multiplayer, maybe it would be better to go the AA route and have the WC51 truck instead of one of the abilities, and the Rifle Company's Sprint? I don't know exaclty but it feels like the abilities in the Rifle, Mech, Armor and Ranger companies in MP need a reshuffle, what do you think?

Cav Rifles only have a unique call in dialog (that is only for the Ardennes announcer) and symbol. The squad still uses riflemen models as well as voice lines.

Heavy Cav does preform quite well and I would rather not change that. Armor company does have the Jackson now as well Sherman (105)s. Additionally the WC51 in my mod is available non doctrinal. Which can be upgraded to a supply truck when the player does not want it anymore for combat or with an MG. Right now I am working on making these units more effective in combat.

1 Jul 2018, 13:33 PM

Cav Rifles only have a unique call in dialog (that is only for the Ardennes announcer) and symbol. The squad still uses riflemen models as well as voice lines.

Heavy Cav does preform quite well and I would rather not change that. Armor company does have the Jackson now as well Sherman (105)s. Additionally the WC51 in my mod is available non doctrinal. Which can be upgraded to a supply truck when the player does not want it anymore for combat or with an MG. Right now I am working on making these units more effective in combat.

Yes I know about the cav rifles, I'm only saying that I think they would perform better than the Assault Engineers and fit in more with the M3 call in for Mech company. They're just a better CQC unit than the AE.
2 Jul 2018, 17:22 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

New update

General

All engineers will now build faster when out side of combat

All tank traps provide light cover instead of heavy

All engineers are able to construct sand bags

Soviets M3 Scout Car, WC 51, and Universal Carrier vet 1 ability replaced with passive capture.

M3 Scout Car

Cost change to 240 Manpower 0 Fuel

SWS Halftrack

Now able to reinforce infantry on the field if it is in supply and stationary.

Cost Increased to 200 manpower from 100 manpower

UKF

Trenches replaced with CoH1 trench

Forward HQs now require Anvil

Forward Retreat point no longer require T2

M3 Reinforcement half track added to Hammer

M3 Halftrack can deploy brens and piats once weapon racks is researched

Special Weapons Regiment

M3 halftrack replaced with Sniper
7 Jul 2018, 15:05 PM
15 Aug 2018, 19:38 PM

We played some matches with a pal using your mod. There are some really cool ideas along with others that are not.

I wanted to ask what do you think of changing the M3 scout car vet from a useless speed/RA buff (useless because of the low HP and armor of the scout car) with a passive capture, like the kubel.

M3 barely sees any use outside the first 5 minutes of the game, often because its too weak to whitstand any damage available at the start of the light vehicle phase and it gets outshined as a recon unit by the T70.
16 Aug 2018, 20:08 PM

Just wanted to share my thoughts about the German repairing.

The Axis Armies, for one reason or another, are handicapped in terms of repairing, only the OKW have repair pioneers on their Mech HQ truck but that's about it, oh and their Emergency Repairs from Elite Armored, apart of course from their engineer units being able to repair.

To that end, I think that the should Wehrmacht get a 4th Bunker upgrade like in CoH where they get repair pioneers spawn out of the bunker, or you can just combine the Command and Medic bunker into one, seeing as you made it a 200 ammo upgrade together with the forward retreat point.

While the OKW can get a mobile truck (Opel Blitz) or Halftrack (special sWS) that spawns repair pioneers when setup, got the idea from Europe at War, a mod for CoH.

Anyhow, I already stated my reason why I'm suggesting this, the Allies seem to have so much more options on how to repair, the USF is probably the best because of their vehicle crews but the Brits and Soviets still have lots of doctrine that allow them to repair quickly.

Inspiration comes from CoH, Europe at War like I said and a book I am currently reading, Tigers in the Mud by Otto Carius. There he often talks about how hard it was for them to actually recover damaged Tigers and drag them to their maintenance in the workshops in order to get them back in action, often having to drag the vehicles under fire and hooking them to the working Tigers.

The mobile pioneer truck actually comes from a more specific scenario of them taking a few welder guys with them from the shop to a Tiger that snapped it's track so they had to weld it under fire while the rest of the Tigers parked in front of them to provide cover.

Some really interesting and non-biased stuff there, definitely recommended for a read if you have the time.

So what do you think of the idea? I have yet to test your mod since the newest update so I'll do so now.
17 Aug 2018, 04:56 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Sorry for the late response. Life stuff had been keeping me occupied.

We played some matches with a pal using your mod. There are some really cool ideas along with others that are not.

I wanted to ask what do you think of changing the M3 scout car vet from a useless speed/RA buff (useless because of the low HP and armor of the scout car) with a passive capture, like the kubel.

M3 barely sees any use outside the first 5 minutes of the game, often because its too weak to whitstand any damage available at the start of the light vehicle phase and it gets outshined as a recon unit by the T70.

Out of curiosity what ideas did you not like?

I have been thinking of adjusting all the initial vehicles. I have modded in that the M3 would get a passive capture at vet 1. The other veterancy can be altered. Vet three could be suppression, and seeing its Front MG is a 50, vet 2 could increase penetration.

I have thought also that the M3, WC51, and kubal could have some sort of mobility buff to make them more responsive.

Just wanted to share my thoughts about the German repairing.

The Axis Armies, for one reason or another, are handicapped in terms of repairing, only the OKW have repair pioneers on their Mech HQ truck but that's about it, oh and their Emergency Repairs from Elite Armored, apart of course from their engineer units being able to repair.

To that end, I think that the should Wehrmacht get a 4th Bunker upgrade like in CoH where they get repair pioneers spawn out of the bunker, or you can just combine the Command and Medic bunker into one, seeing as you made it a 200 ammo upgrade together with the forward retreat point.

While the OKW can get a mobile truck (Opel Blitz) or Halftrack (special sWS) that spawns repair pioneers when setup, got the idea from Europe at War, a mod for CoH.

Anyhow, I already stated my reason why I'm suggesting this, the Allies seem to have so much more options on how to repair, the USF is probably the best because of their vehicle crews but the Brits and Soviets still have lots of doctrine that allow them to repair quickly.

Inspiration comes from CoH, Europe at War like I said and a book I am currently reading, Tigers in the Mud by Otto Carius. There he often talks about how hard it was for them to actually recover damaged Tigers and drag them to their maintenance in the workshops in order to get them back in action, often having to drag the vehicles under fire and hooking them to the working Tigers.

The mobile pioneer truck actually comes from a more specific scenario of them taking a few welder guys with them from the shop to a Tiger that snapped it's track so they had to weld it under fire while the rest of the Tigers parked in front of them to provide cover.

Some really interesting and non-biased stuff there, definitely recommended for a read if you have the time.

So what do you think of the idea? I have yet to test your mod since the newest update so I'll do so now.

I can look into alternative Ostheer vehicle repair. A repair bunker is very potential, or an altertive is a 251 upgrade.

On a side note. In the Ardennes Assault, the M3 halftrack has a repair upgrade. There is in fact a voice line for this. However, the voice line is for generic light vehicles. This means another light unit, say the M20 Utility car, also has this voice line.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS