Login

russian armor

Axis sniper stealth problem !

19 Jun 2018, 20:08 PM

What happened recently to axis sniper, while I am chasing him he disappear when moving in cover , is it bug or some patch intended updates !!!?
19 Jun 2018, 20:39 PM

That's literally how snipers work, especially if he have not taken a shot yet.
19 Jun 2018, 22:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2018, 20:39 PMKatitof
That's literally how snipers work, especially if he have not taken a shot yet.

I don't remember he will disappear while I am chasing and shooting him since 2 years
19 Jun 2018, 22:17 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Snipers cannot cloak while "in combat". Which means if they're being shot at, and for a brief time after, they retain the "in combat" effect. If your squad started shooting a squad that was inbetween you and the sniper, then its possible the sniper wasn't being shot at for a time.
19 Jun 2018, 23:15 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Snipers cannot cloak while "in combat". Which means if they're being shot at, and for a brief time after, they retain the "in combat" effect. If your squad started shooting a squad that was inbetween you and the sniper, then its possible the sniper wasn't being shot at for a time.

Important to note that "in combat" isn't determined by whether the squad is being shot at or not, it's determined by whether the squad is being hit or not. This means that if all of your shots miss a sniper while you chase it, it can just recloak, which is likely what happened.
20 Jun 2018, 02:12 AM

Important to note that "in combat" isn't determined by whether the squad is being shot at or not, it's determined by whether the squad is being hit or not. This means that if all of your shots miss a sniper while you chase it, it can just recloak, which is likely what happened.

Ok now it makes sense .. I was about to upload a video showing how I am firing at him and he just recloak
20 Jun 2018, 11:10 AM

This is also why stray rifle shots can sometimes reveal cloaked Rakettens lol.
20 Jun 2018, 11:20 AM

This is also why stray rifle shots can sometimes reveal cloaked Rakettens lol.

?
small arm have no projectiles and do not collide. There are no "stray rifle shots"
20 Jun 2018, 11:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2018, 11:20 AMVipper

?
small arm have no projectiles and do not collide. There are no "stray rifle shots"

I think they do, if you stand behind a sandbag without taking green cover, you won't get the bonuses but some shots will collide with sandbag and won't make it to you.
20 Jun 2018, 12:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2018, 11:48 AMAyro

I think they do, if you stand behind a sandbag without taking green cover, you won't get the bonuses but some shots will collide with sandbag and won't make it to you.

That's exclusively visual effects.
Small arms have no projectile, its just a hit/miss roll then proper visual animation plays.
20 Jun 2018, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2018, 11:20 AMVipper

?

Certain weapons do, noteably the BAR.
20 Jun 2018, 14:35 PM

Certain weapons do, noteably the BAR.

are you talking about re-rolling missed shot or for collision shots?

The first might happen the second does not happen.
20 Jun 2018, 14:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2018, 14:35 PMVipper

are you talking about re-rolling missed shot or for collision shots?

The first might happen the second does not happen.

IIRC the BAR has scatter, so missed shots can collide with other units. Raketens can be revealed this way.
20 Jun 2018, 14:42 PM

IIRC the BAR has scatter, so missed shots can collide with other units. Raketens can be revealed this way.

Even if it has scatter it does not have a projectile that is in needed for a collisions hit as far as I know.

And as far as I know crew entities can not stop projectiles only the gun itself could be hit.
20 Jun 2018, 17:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

TIL combat situation is only for hits.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2018, 14:42 PMVipper

Even if it has scatter it does not have a projectile that is in needed for a collisions hit as far as I know.

And as far as I know crew entities can not stop projectiles only the gun itself could be hit.

Small test i done.
Single model squad with invulnerability been targeted by different weapons with focus fire false ("scatter weapons"). Several other single model squads been put at it's sides and behind.

-While performance changed depending the weapon, all of them would be able to hit models from other squads. Things like .50 cal doesn't have too much horizontal scatter, therefore it was only killing models which were behind the one which was targeted. STG/BAR/MG42/Kubel had a more widespread hitting.

-Even if the target behind them were cloaked (snipers with hold fire), they were revealed by the time some "scatter" shot hit them.

20 Jun 2018, 17:26 PM

Small test i done.
Single model squad with invulnerability been targeted by different weapons with focus fire false ("scatter weapons"). Several other single model squads been put at it's sides and behind.

-While performance changed depending the weapon, all of them would be able to hit models from other squads. Things like .50 cal doesn't have too much horizontal scatter, therefore it was only killing models which were behind the one which was targeted. STG/BAR/MG42/Kubel had a more widespread hitting.

-Even if the target behind them were cloaked (snipers with hold fire), they were revealed by the time some "scatter" shot hit them.

Seems like I derailed the thread a bit but thanks for testing it. Good to know I haven't gone mad lol.
20 Jun 2018, 17:36 PM

TIL combat situation is only for hits.

Small test i done.

It seem that this verifies what I posted. Scatter weapon can re-roll and hit other entities but on the other hand they do not hit via collision because they do not have projectile.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 61
Germany 21
unknown 19

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak