Login

russian armor

Steppes

19 Jun 2018, 19:54 PM

The biggest issue with STEPPES is the hill surrounding the middle VP (GREEN). The SW team (RED) has to fight up a hill and tends to just shoot the ground, while the NE team (BLUE) gets to shoot down hill. The same goes for if SW flanks the NE team, they are again saved by an incline (GREEN). There is a slight incline for the NE team if flanking the SE team as well.

20 Jun 2018, 18:56 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2018, 19:54 PMRosbone
The biggest issue with STEPPES is the hill surrounding the middle VP (GREEN). The SW team (RED) has to fight up a hill and tends to just shoot the ground, while the NE team (BLUE) gets to shoot down hill. The same goes for if SW flanks the NE team, they are again saved by an incline (GREEN). There is a slight incline for the NE team if flanking the SE team as well.

Yes i full agree. I can't tell you anymore why I did not changed it in DBP with all the other changes. I just can guess I was thinking it is too much to change the hills.(from scope).

But this time def. this will get in. Its super unfair to south side. So let's see how much we can get rid of this hill situation.
20 Jun 2018, 19:15 PM

Yes i full agree. I can't tell you anymore why I did not changed it in DBP with all the other changes. I just can guess I was thinking it is too much to change the hills.(from scope).

But this time def. this will get in. Its super unfair to south side. So let's see how much we can get rid of this hill situation.

Awesome! It takes about 25 seconds with the HEIGHT editor set to SMOOTH.
16 Jul 2018, 14:11 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Here is the reworked version of Steppes:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1442638041

Central VP hill was smoothed. I have added some cover for infantry to move into the VP cap area. Furthermore i have damaged two of the fences to allow infantry from the right side to move into the central VP area.

16 Jul 2018, 14:55 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Here is the reworked version of Steppes:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1442638041

Central VP hill was smoothed. I have added some cover for infantry to move into the VP cap area. Furthermore i have damaged two of the fences to allow infantry from the right side to move into the central VP area.

as we talked in steam.
thx again.

Will look into it soon.
23 Jul 2018, 13:02 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

23 Jul 2018, 17:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Maybe it is only on my PC, but minimap looks to blurry when opened tactical map.
3 Aug 2018, 08:19 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Maybe it is only on my PC, but minimap looks to blurry when opened tactical map.

screenshot? what do you mean?
3 Aug 2018, 09:43 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

New map looks better, than original one (it's get dashed offmap part), but resolution remained as original steppes minimap/tactical map has.

I am reffering to this changes:

03.Minimap/Tactical Map
-Changes so that the image of the minimap/tacticalmap appears with more resolution. A black edge appears as a result of this. (Maximize images to see the differences).

Steam (2) Kholodny Ferma

P.S. You have forgotten to add dashed offplay part of the map to Kholodnaya Ferma :lol:
4 Aug 2018, 17:04 PM

Sturmpanther found another issue on Steppes.

The classic sight block on a hill problem.
Northwest side of the island, the hill is too large so units shoot each other UNDER the sight blockers. It requires additional units to sight for the attacking unit as it will fail the 2D FOW test.

(A) Smooth the hill?
(B) Add SHOT BLOCKERS underground?
(C) Both A and B.
(D) Do nothing?

Discussion of the issue on other maps.

4 Aug 2018, 21:51 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

8 Aug 2018, 14:26 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias