Login

russian armor

Return of Relic Pro/Am and there will be a new update!

19 Jun 2018, 21:00 PM
Senior Editor Badge

This was obvious from the question. New material: maybe unrealized commanders, maybe something else. Tournaments don't interest me at all, new patches make the game more boring and not interesting: removing the unique mechanic and features of the faction (instead of redesign / rebalance), removing maps. Factions are increasingly clones of each other.
For me, a new matreial would refresh the desire to play the game.

+1
20 Jun 2018, 08:50 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

"To top it all off, as part of our 5 year anniversary celebration, we’ll be announcing our next update for the game after the conclusion of the final match"

I am sure the most people will love it :)

Andy is on a Ride for coh2 B-)
20 Jun 2018, 09:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2018, 19:06 PMGrim

They pretty much did the that with the last one though.

Even if they did remove the UKF the patch notes would still look like:

-Removed UKF for balance purposes
-Increased Crocodile Fuel cost by 50 cos fuck that thing in particular.

British Forces

In order to bring UKF "in line" with other factions we felt the need to remove all infantry weapons. Commandos will spawn from the glider only able to challenge axis infantry to fistycuffs, upon the purchase of a 300mp 70f HQ upgrade sten guns shall be available for purchase.

Universal carrier WASP we felt was overperforming so it shall now shoot warm water instead of flames, muni price decreased from 75 to 70 to still keep this unit viable. The armour will too see some adjustment and be replaced with wet tissue paper.

20 Jun 2018, 15:19 PM
20 Jun 2018, 16:25 PM
Senior Editor Badge

"To top it all off, as part of our 5 year anniversary celebration, we’ll be announcing our next update for the game after the conclusion of the final match"

I am sure the most people will love it :)

Andy is on a Ride for coh2 B-)

Theres unreleased commanders left in old closed betas:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/50471/2-unseen-commanders-left-from-old-leaks/page/2

https://www.coh2.org/topic/50471/2-unseen-commanders-left-from-old-leaks

Some old pro-players (who left the community long time ago) were against these commanders in closed betas. I think its time to release that and Ardeness Assault MP maps for everyone in the automatch map pool.
20 Jun 2018, 16:41 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2018, 16:25 PMnigo

Some old pro-players (who left the community long time ago) were against these commanders in closed betas. I think its time to release that and Ardeness Assault MP maps for everyone in the automatch map pool.

hehe xD

Btw which maps from ardeness Assault?
20 Jun 2018, 17:05 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Andy bringing us new patches :crazy::banana::hyper:
20 Jun 2018, 19:31 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Andy bringing us new patches :crazy::banana::hyper:

Indeed he does B-)
20 Jun 2018, 20:19 PM

I was very much waiting for a new Soviet commander, he had to be based on tanks, it looked intriguing.
20 Jun 2018, 22:51 PM

British Forces

In order to bring UKF "in line" with other factions we felt the need to remove all infantry weapons. Commandos will spawn from the glider only able to challenge axis infantry to fistycuffs, upon the purchase of a 300mp 70f HQ upgrade sten guns shall be available for purchase.

Universal carrier WASP we felt was overperforming so it shall now shoot warm water instead of flames, muni price decreased from 75 to 70 to still keep this unit viable. The armour will too see some adjustment and be replaced with wet tissue paper.

Commandos will spawn without gliders or parachutes.....will still start in the air though.

On a serious note, some new maps would be really, really appreciated. New commanders would be fantastic too if we're being honest.

My money is ready for any new multiplayer content.
20 Jun 2018, 23:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

2 of them could be seen on automatch. They weren't released, because they are Tiger Ace release busted. Similar concepts and mechanics have already been implemented and removed from the game. There were other concepts been tested but i think it end up been absorbed by USF/UKF/OKW.

The only "unique" unit would be the commissar. Giving different weapons/abilities to old units is not necessary new content. Giving units/abilities from other factions is not "new" content either.

Urban Assault Doctrine:
-Urban PG: A unit which you could buy armor and put (2x) flamers. What could go wrong. Basically same situation to Riflemen/Penals flamers were.
-Direct resource manipulation has been removed from the game.
-Strategic bombing: UKF basically got it and it has been "reworked" recently.
-Mortar flame barrage. Basically what ISG got or what MHT always had.

Not one step back:
-Reverse soviet industry.
-Resource manipulation again.
-It was basically maxim spam.
-Commissar is the only unique unit we know off which could be implemented, using the same or other mechanics.

Green T34: basically a puma in the skin of a T34. If you like your units been randomly stunned, you would like this. If you think ram is a great mechanic, this would be your unit.
T3485 ace: because we need units coming out freshly with vet 3. Call in tank bundles have been removed from the game.

I would release them, but not for automatch. Custom/AI games are fine with them.

21 Jun 2018, 18:01 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Hype restored guys :D

https://www.coh2.org/topic/81060/ardeness-assault-mp-maps-into-automatch

https://www.coh2.org/topic/81060/ardeness-assault-mp-maps-into-automatch/post/686929

I would release them, but not for automatch. Custom/AI games are fine with them.

All unreleased commanders needs little tweaks. Balance guys will do a good job.

21 Jun 2018, 18:17 PM
Senior Editor Badge

And about unreleased content:

If a remember correctly theres more official skins for Wher/Ost army unreleased. They are kind of dark grey colours.

And...

Kursk maps in old closed betas before WFA expansion (2 or 3 maps about that). One of them is a open field with various destroyed tanks as covers (I think is "Village" the beta name).

and one more Wher/Ost unreleased commander, with a giant fuel supply yard (like CoH 1 US army) to use in the main base (Economics commander or something like that).

RELEASE THE UNRELEASED KRAKENS RELIC :D
21 Jun 2018, 18:51 PM
Senior Editor Badge

21 Jun 2018, 18:51 PM

Was there any information about this Soviet commander? Since most of the other commanders are in the game and they have unique abilities, that probably this Soviet commander also has unique abilities. It would be cool to see him in the game.
21 Jun 2018, 20:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2018, 18:01 PMnigo
All unreleased commanders needs little tweaks. Balance guys will do a good job.

Pretty big understatement. It would be easier and better to add salvageable abilities into existent commanders, than having to rework any of the unreleased ones.

Example: NVKD with commissar
22 Jun 2018, 00:22 AM

Little tweaks... funny.

Not one step back was basically industry but arguably better. Good luck beating 100 pop cap of infantry outside your base at 3CP.

Urban Assault Pgrens we’re effectively immune to bullet damage and evaporated squads almost instantly.

Please don’t add these commanders. We already have too many commanders.
22 Jun 2018, 01:57 AM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2018, 00:22 AMCieZ
Little tweaks... funny.

Not one step back was basically industry but arguably better. Good luck beating 100 pop cap of infantry outside your base at 3CP.

Urban Assault Pgrens we’re effectively immune to bullet damage and evaporated squads almost instantly.

Please don’t add these commanders. We already have too many commanders.

When I say "little tweaks" I mean change things like that:

Remove "Not one step back" ability and put "For the Motherland" ability

Urban Assault PGrens is OP? Fine! Change for another german unit.

T34-85 Red banner Ace is OP? Change for IS2 or ISU (these two tanks only appears in two commanders).

Theres no reason for unreleased stuff continues in a blackout. CoH2 needs new content.

22 Jun 2018, 22:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2018, 01:57 AMnigo

When I say "little tweaks" I mean change things like that:

Remove "Not one step back" ability and put "For the Motherland" ability

Urban Assault PGrens is OP? Fine! Change for another german unit.

T34-85 Red banner Ace is OP? Change for IS2 or ISU (these two tanks only appears in two commanders).

Theres no reason for unreleased stuff continues in a blackout. CoH2 needs new content.

Then it's not really new content now is it? It'll just be more commanders with a different configuration of existing abilities and callins... which was the lesser of the problems with the EFA faction commanders. (The greater issue having been the blatant pay-to-win strategy each DLC release that were intentionally overpowered and nerfed to the ground when sales dropped in time for the next DLC.)
25 Jun 2018, 18:12 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight