Login

russian armor

Beta in January, Pay $ for Events + Early Map Access

8 Dec 2012, 00:51 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I should work for COH2.org because I always seem to get here before the news posts. In any case, the closed beta should start sometime soon after the new year and if you want "advanced map access, special event access and other bonuses" you need to either buy the Collector's Edition or purchase the "Command Pass."
8 Dec 2012, 01:19 AM

what the hell do they mean by ''advanced map access''?
8 Dec 2012, 01:23 AM

nice that you are checking the news 24/7! Not everybody can afford that time sadly. It was said in the relic post on their website right?

Anyways, thx for the info!
8 Dec 2012, 01:30 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I "like" CoH on Facebook so that stuff pops up in my Facebook news feed. "Advanced map access" probably means "play these maps before everyone else does."
8 Dec 2012, 01:32 AM

Scheldt 2.0? DO WANT!!!!!
8 Dec 2012, 01:37 AM

I want it toooo!!! lol
8 Dec 2012, 01:43 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

"Closed Beta will go live shortly after the New Year, that’s when everyone who scored keys from Events and our Pre-Order customers will get access." I'm a bit confused now, cause it says that pre-order customers get access the same time, then its not a closed beta !? Why did i get a closed beta key then if i already pre-ordered.
8 Dec 2012, 01:52 AM

it's still a closed beta as long as not everybody has access to it... i think it's not that bad, since when i first heard about expo keys getting access earlier than pre-orders, i felt cheated. why would a random noob that happened to walk by the coh2 booth and grabbed a bunch of keys deserve access before somebody that actually paid money to get into the beta?

also: tycho, newsposts must be written first, so if the news gets out, someone has to read the news, then do a writeup about it that has to adhere to a certain standard of quality... i think i can live with reading the info on the forums first and getting the newspost out later ;-)
8 Dec 2012, 02:16 AM

so if u wanna have a fair chance at competitive play, its gonna cost you more.
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 8 Dec 2012, 02:24 AM
Developer Relic Badge

No, once again - there is no pay 2 win in CoH2.

As for advanced map access, all will be clear once the embargo is lifted. Trust me, I know what it sounds like - and it's not :)
8 Dec 2012, 02:33 AM
Honorary Member Badge

No, once again - there is no pay 2 win in CoH2.

As for advanced map access, all will be clear once the embargo is lifted. Trust me, I know what it sounds like - and it's not :)

assuming im assuming what your saying right, that is good news indeed.
8 Dec 2012, 02:33 AM
Senior Caster Badge

it's still a closed beta as long as not everybody has access to it... i think it's not that bad, since when i first heard about expo keys getting access earlier than pre-orders, i felt cheated. why would a random noob that happened to walk by the coh2 booth and grabbed a bunch of keys deserve access before somebody that actually paid money to get into the beta?

also: tycho, newsposts must be written first, so if the news gets out, someone has to read the news, then do a writeup about it that has to adhere to a certain standard of quality... i think i can live with reading the info on the forums first and getting the newspost out later ;-)

And by "writeup that adheres to a certain standard of quality" you must mean description copied and pasted from YouTube or a short paragraph that doesn't say anything :D
8 Dec 2012, 03:27 AM

*sigh* I knew it slipped out of December beta frame. Dammit. Who wants to start an official thread of mourning.
8 Dec 2012, 05:14 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Eh, everything always gets delayed. I don't even pay attention to projected release dates anymore because they're usually wrong. Patience is where it's at!
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 8 Dec 2012, 05:37 AM
Developer Relic Badge

The Alpha stress test is just that - a stress test. Sure, the game is playable, but it's more for the benefit of getting the servers stabilized and ensuring everything is working. I wouldn't worry too much, there will be plenty of test for all!

Oh and no more NAT errors... how about THEM apples?
8 Dec 2012, 05:43 AM

THANK YOU
8 Dec 2012, 06:02 AM

Scheldt was a very successful map for the casual playing crowd. Must be the most played map in CoH.

On topic: Sad that it's going to january for beta, I hope for a long successful beta that can polish the game to a high standard.
8 Dec 2012, 06:07 AM

Eh, everything always gets delayed. I don't even pay attention to projected release dates anymore because they're usually wrong. Patience is where it's at!

Yes, this game will be released in July.
8 Dec 2012, 06:55 AM

there will be plenty of test for all!

because the release gets delayed anyways :((
8 Dec 2012, 09:54 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Probably better for my phd thesis, but... :*(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak