Login

russian armor

the cromwell need buffs

19 Jun 2018, 06:11 AM

the current cromwell is a mediocre unit. the speed alone doesn't make it an useful unit. For this unit I think the cromwell need a boost in firepower and survivability

1) the cromwell should get its size decreased back to 18. This will allow it to survive longer (and escape) by dodging incoming fire. This type of survivability buff is much more suited to a fast tank like the cromwell.

2) The current firepower of the cromwell is also disappointing. The sherman have its HE round. The panzer 4 combine good mg, good reload, good aoe, and good penetration into a versatile gun. The MG can often kill off infantry wounded from the pz4's main gun.

To go more into the Firing rate, the axis panzer 4 have the fastest reload time of all the medium in tank at 5.7-5.3 second. The sherman ap/he and cromwell all have a reload of 6-5.6 second, while the t34/76 have a reload of 6.1. (note that the info on sherman and t34 are provide for comparison purpose.)

To reinforce the cromwell's role as a raider, I believe the cromwell should receive a reload buff in exchange for a minor penetration nerf.

A faster reload is useful against both infantry and vehicle for obivous reason, and this would allow the cromwell to deal the maximum amount of damage possible before retreating from heavier german armor.

As a possible value, I would suggestion a reload time of 5.5-5.1 seconds and a penetration of 90/100/110 (from 105/120/135). This would allow the Cromwell to snipe away at germany infantry at long range, and to exploit flank as the opportunity present itself.

This would compliment the comet and churchill, both of which are more suited to a stand up fight.
19 Jun 2018, 06:36 AM

cromwell is in a good spot. acthulllalllyy

its is a nice flanker and is a more popular tank than comet...even the best player build mostly the cromwell over the comet.
Why? because it has nice speed, accuracy on the move, is cheap and is a good wolfpack tank.

19 Jun 2018, 06:53 AM

I like this, though I would advocate for leaving the short range penetration as-is to emphasize its role as a flanker and compliment the FF's tulips. Out of curiosity, what are the chances of either P4 hitting the Crom with size 18?
19 Jun 2018, 06:53 AM

cromwell is in a good spot. acthulllalllyy

its is a nice flanker and is a more popular tank than comet...even the best player build mostly the cromwell over the comet.
Why? because it has nice speed, accuracy on the move, is cheap and is a good wolfpack tank.

That's rather comet's fault though. And OP made a comparison between cromwell and p4, which is more relevant
19 Jun 2018, 06:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2018, 06:53 AMWiking

That's rather comet's fault though. And OP made a comparison between cromwell and p4, which is more relevant

or the other advantages which i wrote are more impactfully...
19 Jun 2018, 06:56 AM

To reinforce the cromwell's role as a raider, I believe the cromwell should receive a reload buff in exchange for a minor penetration nerf.

I'm afraid I can't agree on this suggestion since the Cromwell already has an amazing rate of fire when it fully vets. Might get OP.
19 Jun 2018, 07:16 AM

I'm afraid I can't agree on this suggestion since the Cromwell already has an amazing rate of fire when it fully vets. Might get OP.

all this "improvement-OP" forget the Commander upgrade and vet levels. They compare a fresh build cromwell with a vet 3 p4.
19 Jun 2018, 08:23 AM

One has to keep in mind that Cromwell get 0.7*0.8 reload with veterancy compared to 0.7 (vet 3) of PIV and 0.8 of the Sherman (vet 3).

On also has to keep in mind that Cromwell get sight 45 accuracy 1.1 with the commander and has access to "warspeed".
19 Jun 2018, 10:16 AM

Cromwell Should have Coaxial and Hull MG Profile Like T-34 ?
19 Jun 2018, 14:41 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I like the ideas, just need to consider other things like vet and the commander. I think it still needs a scatter buff. Even if it reloads 1 second earlier it still struggles to hit anything past range 20.
19 Jun 2018, 14:49 PM

Permanently Banned
Buff the MG damage, I don't think there's a more painful thing in CoH2 than chasing a Wehr sniper down with a cromwell only for it to miss 3-4 shots and then retreat into base under a faust screen.

Yes this happened to me and I'm mad, T-34/76 or P4 would murder an ill positioned sniper in seconds. Comet seems to be just as useless at hitting things, buff MG damage on both tanks.
20 Jun 2018, 02:36 AM

cromwell: (note the avg reload time is using the current live value)

vet 1: smoke round recharge time decreased to 10 seconds from 15

vet 2: +35 % turret speed; .70 modifier on reload time (4.06 avg)

vet 3: +20% top speed, acceleration, deceleration, and hull rotation speed; .80 modifier on reload time (3.248)

Panzer 4:

vet 1: blitz

vet 2: +30% armor (180 to 234), +40% turret speed

vet 3: .70 modifier on reload time (3.85 avg); +20% hull rotation speed; +10% acceleration and deceleration.

panzer 4 get armor boost in stead of cromwell's double reload boost.
However, if we want to avoid stacking bonus, I propose the following veterancy for the cromwell:

cromwell
default size to 20 (which is different from the 18 I originally suggested)
reload time to 5.5-5.1 (5.3 avg)
pe to 90/100/110

vet1: no change

vet2: .85 modifier on incoming accuracy (effectively 17 target size ),+35 % turret speed

vet3: no change. (5.3 avg become 3.71 avg)

this would provide the cromwell with both defensive and offensive bonus in its veterancy, instead of double downing on the reload.

all this "improvement-OP" forget the Commander upgrade and vet levels. They compare a fresh build cromwell with a vet 3 p4.

the reload time value I posted in my original post is that of a vet 0 cromwell and vet 0 panzer 4. They are factual and easily provable and discovered.

I like this, though I would advocate for leaving the short range penetration as-is to emphasize its role as a flanker and compliment the FF's tulips. Out of curiosity, what are the chances of either P4 hitting the Crom with size 18?

maybe something like 90/100/120 ?

45% - 90%

Cromwell Should have Coaxial and Hull MG Profile Like T-34 ?

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2018, 14:49 PMroll0
Buff the MG damage, I don't think there's a more painful thing in CoH2 than chasing a Wehr sniper down with a cromwell only for it to miss 3-4 shots and then retreat into base under a faust screen.

Yes this happened to me and I'm mad, T-34/76 or P4 would murder an ill positioned sniper in seconds. Comet seems to be just as useless at hitting things, buff MG damage on both tanks.

stronger mg doesn't really suit the cromwell. The mg's 35 range doesn't really mesh well with the sight bonus from the tank commander.

The mg also require the unit to remain stationary for full effect. The cromwell's high top speed and acceleration is better suited for shoot and scoot.
20 Jun 2018, 05:22 AM

maybe something like 90/100/120 ?
45% - 90%

+1, I could definitely get behind that
20 Jun 2018, 06:37 AM

Ya nah those are the stats for a vet 0 p4 and vet 0 cromwell. Your just straight up wrong.
20 Jun 2018, 09:53 AM

To Firespark

I see you Reason
But Hull mg In cromwell with 0.75-1 Sec burst time Pz4 hull mg but Pz4 have 1-1.5 sec
with 3 sec cooldown I think it Too much RNG Gap
I suggest Burst time more than 0.75-1 sec 1-1.5 sec not like 2 sec form T-34
21 Jun 2018, 05:11 AM

To Firespark

I see you Reason
But Hull mg In cromwell with 0.75-1 Sec burst time Pz4 hull mg but Pz4 have 1-1.5 sec
with 3 sec cooldown I think it Too much RNG Gap
I suggest Burst time more than 0.75-1 sec 1-1.5 sec not like 2 sec form T-34

ultimately the reload buff is going to be more useful than a mg buff. The t34/76 isn't exactly a hot item. The mg buff ironically end up buffing the t34/85 instead.

If it is a choice between faster reload or better mg the faster reload is clearly the better option.

If the intention is to turn the cromwell into a better sniper hunter, there's always the target tabled trick used on the scout car.
21 Jun 2018, 07:45 AM

Whatever those changes gonna be i just hope it won't make cromwell opieOP again. I had enough playing against double brits cromwell spam couple patches ago.

IMO if you wanna improve cromwell you should buff it vet bonuses - not the basic version.
21 Jun 2018, 07:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2018, 07:45 AMStark
IMO if you wanna improve cromwell you should buff it vet bonuses - not the basic version.

The vet system needs a real good look. Vetting speed, vetting abilities and vet bonuses need an overhaul and unit should be balanced so that they remain balanced even when they are vetted.
21 Jun 2018, 08:09 AM

understand
I hope my luck Cromwell 75 mm gun hit some infantry
21 Jun 2018, 11:57 AM

brits are currenly weak yeah, but cromwell is not the problem, its a very effective medium tank. A smaller target size buff sounds reasonable
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★