Login

russian armor

Theorycraft- SSSSS in CoH2?

12 Sep 2013, 18:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge

One of the unique features of the Schwimmwagen/Sniper-Sniper-Sniper-Sniper-Sniper strategy mastered by BartonPL was the early tank-traps dotted around chokepoints to keep away the Jeep, while draining manpower at no cost. In Coh2 though, the tank-trap itself isn't present- or is it?

As far as I know, the ghost-sandbag bug allows Conscripts to spam large numbers of invincible roadblocks, impassable to light vehicles. Snipers are significantly more expensive, admittedly, and garrisoned buildings provide more protection, and the zis comes from an inconvenient tier, and the early game feels more compressed compared to COH1, but the germans can't countersnipe without the vet 1 ability, soviet snipers can sprint ad infinitum and guards/AT nades could make up for the lack of an easily accessible AT gun.

I'd imagine a build inspired by the original sniper spam to be- engineer, a conscript or two to start building incomplete sandbags along the roads (say, on the semois streets), T1, then snipers from there on. Throw in molotovs and guards where necessary, then SU85s for the late-game AT.

Naturally my own sniper micro is far too poor to attempt anything of the sort, but perhaps someone more skilled than I could make it work?

Note- I don't support the use of bugs- this is just a non-serious idea I had.
13 Sep 2013, 03:23 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

The benefits of a mixed army are just too great for me to consider something like this. I like going 3-4 conscripts into 2 scout sniper squads. 2 snipers is more than enough to make any german player feel the heat. A conscript squad or two in his face, and two snipers behind them is more than most people can handle, given 4 man squad sizes.
16 Sep 2013, 13:53 PM

Wehr snipers can kill jeep

Ruski girls can't kill 221

That's the difference
16 Sep 2013, 14:21 PM

So you suggest to buguse the hell out of the game via ghost sanbags to win? And further post this on a forum so everybody does it.
How about please die by cancer?
16 Sep 2013, 14:47 PM

Naturally my own sniper micro is far too poor to attempt anything of the sort, but perhaps someone more skilled than I could make it work?

You assume micro is required for this. :P
16 Sep 2013, 14:48 PM

So you suggest to buguse the hell out of the game via ghost sanbags to win? And further post this on a forum so everybody does it.

You are the worst of mankind, asshole
16 Sep 2013, 15:55 PM

how about editing your post?
16 Sep 2013, 21:29 PM
Benefactor 115

stay classy...
17 Sep 2013, 00:59 AM

for germans - 4 pio start or maybe 3, T1 2 Snipers, T2 fast AC and it's gg

for soviets - 1st engineer builds T1, then sniper and M3, maybe 1 or 2 cons with AT nades and then sniper spam to SU-85's, gg
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 66
South Africa 1
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak