Login

russian armor

MG42 Post Patch

PAGES (10)down
13 Sep 2013, 14:34 PM

http://coh2-stats.herokuapp.com/small_arms/hmg_team_mg42_mp
http://coh2-stats.herokuapp.com/small_arms/maxim_m1910_hmg_mp

Are these updated? They look the same as a few days ago. Or was I reading between the patch coming out and me playing it, so it got stuck as prepatch in my mind?
13 Sep 2013, 15:03 PM

Suppression is fine as it is atm. MG42 still suppress almost instantly. Squads aren't get pinned instantly and that's the only reason people complain and think is crap.
Most people are not even considering changing their habits and finding new strats, build orders or even ways to fully utilize MG42 after the changes again. You can find a lot of material that will help you achieve this. Search for expert replays to watch, casts of popular Youtube casters like Imperial Dane or Atr3uh.

All the nerfs are here for a reason.
- to prevent MG42 from instantly pinning squads,
- to reward flanking,
- and to prevent MG42 from switching targets like crazy so you can't hold the whole advance of Soviet army with one unit and force retreat.

The only thing I think could be improved is set up time. It could be smaller by a notch.
13 Sep 2013, 15:11 PM

The only thing I think could be improved is set up time. It could be smaller by a notch.

Why,so it would pack when it is in flames again and redeploy 3 meters behind to continue shooting?No thank you,if it was flanked or received a molotov to the face,then retreat it...
13 Sep 2013, 16:15 PM

incredible how the 2 posters above who never play germans but lie through their teeth claiming they do keep defending the supression nerf inspite of the millions of video proof showing how mg42 can now be killed headon by a conscript squad.

Communist love must be high at this time of the year.
13 Sep 2013, 16:24 PM

incredible how the 2 posters above who never play germans but lie through their teeth claiming they do keep defending the supression nerf inspite of the millions of video proof showing how mg42 can now be killed headon by a conscript squad.

Have you seen my post couple of pages ago in which I even show a replay how you can use new MG42 effectively to support your advance or you just choose to ignore it? If you will I am the one called Oz. Surprisingly enough.
13 Sep 2013, 18:05 PM

Are these updated? They look the same as a few days ago. Or was I reading between the patch coming out and me playing it, so it got stuck as prepatch in my mind?

They are updated to the most recent patch.
13 Sep 2013, 18:09 PM
Donator 11

dude, seriously, enough with these ridiculous claims and posts.
raw
13 Sep 2013, 18:12 PM

let me put it this way: you still have to be an idiot and fuck up your MG42's positioning so it can "be killed headon by a conscript squad". for example, lolrallying the first MG42 into the house outside the soviet base is a lot harder to pull off now. i know from experience that for many german players this comes as a shock.
13 Sep 2013, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2013, 18:12 PMraw

let me put it this way: you still have to be an idiot and fuck up your MG42's positioning so it can "be killed headon by a conscript squad". for example, lolrallying the first MG42 into the house outside the soviet base is a lot harder to pull off now. i know from experience that for many german players this comes as a shock.

this isnt true. on minsk i put an mg in the sandbags at the munitions on the right side. it was pointed directly at the opening in the wall. conscripts walk straight at me (no oorah) and throw a molotov before i suppressed them, not even close to a pin.

i know my mg wasnt supported and you can all jump on for not adapting or l2p. the fact is, 1 conscript walking straight at an mg, doesnt seem right. i know its a support unit, but having a gren squad there wouldnt have stopped that molotov. i didnt lose the mg but i was forced to retreat. im not expecting the mg to hold large areas of the map, but this is what soviets complained about the maxim for. "grens can walk straight at me and rifle nade". well the cons can now do that and they have to walk even further. attacking an mg should take tactics for both sides. flank, send 2 squads on opposite sides of the arc, etc. walking straight at an mg reminds me of what the maxim used to do in the beta and that was extremely broken
13 Sep 2013, 19:01 PM

Did he have the Molotov range bulletin? That could be a factor. I take it specifically for scenarios like the one you describe. Also, AFAIK MG42s can shoot farther than they can see which may have been a factor.
13 Sep 2013, 19:15 PM

Did he have the Molotov range bulletin? That could be a factor. I take it specifically for scenarios like the one you describe. Also, AFAIK MG42s can shoot farther than they can see which may have been a factor.

youre right that sight is a factor. mgs can shoot 10m further than they can see. its possible that i could have suppressed him in time if i had a spotter. this was without oorah though, i think oorah would negated that extra range. ill have to play more and see.

also, they did not have to molotov bulletin. thats a worthless bulletin anyway. i forget the exact numbers, but it gives something like .75m extra range. hardly worth using and if you can molotov at 15.75m, youll be able to get a molotov off at 15m too.
13 Sep 2013, 21:41 PM

i had a HMG42 team(without suppression bulletin) got owned under 10secs from two conscript charging the HMG42 from edge of my arc, MG fired like 2 burst and start dying man, no ping on any of them and both got close and killed all my HMG42 crew like a turkey shooting, no molotov used.

i think nerf suppression and increase damage receive really kills HMG42, now i have to have suppression Bulletin all the time in order to use HMG42
13 Sep 2013, 22:45 PM

Man I was all about a nerf for mg42 but I think this is a bit much. THe survivability is fine I think HMG teams shouldn't live long if flanked or focused fired, its the pinning that really gets me.

I played a pretty decent sov player the other day, first game post patch and my mg was getting wrecked. Not only was it not in the front lines and serving its support roll, it was barely suppressing. It took so many bursts to get guys dropping to the ground. Not the mention that of 2 cons squad that were charging nearly on top of each other, only 1 got pinned.. I mean, the mg42 sprays bullets everywhere, it is by far one of the most feared and effective pieces of heavy mg in ww2, it SHOULD be feared!!! As a player for both factions (more games with Germans but as of the patch with t34 more games as Russians) I believe it was a bit to much. Even my opponent said the mg42 isn't worth much now. (p.s I had the suppression ability, I forgot to mention that)

Slight increase in suppression please? Maybe longer setup and packup times to make it more even??
14 Sep 2013, 00:40 AM

I think some of the old suppression should be given back to the MG.

agreed. the ideal balance is somewhere inbetween where we are now vs. pre-patch. Does Relic ever partly revert changes though? it seems very rare.
14 Sep 2013, 02:29 AM

MGs still very useful.

As stated in the reason for the change, you can't use it as a front line unit anymore.

Screen it with Grens and you will be fine. You can't just a-move to their cut off with it (which you could in the past). I'm on a 27 streak with Osteer many of which are this patch and I use MGs every game - player name Ozena.
14 Sep 2013, 05:37 AM

You sir are a ...You know what,I'm not going to play your idiotic games anymore,you've proven your intelligence by calling anyone who isn't agreeing with you "communist",yet ignoring the fact that some of them are actually right...and then you continue to spread this "intelligence" of yours in other threads,your stupidity clearly wasn't shown enough in just one,one good example being when you said that Relic favours the Soviet faction and every patch only the "Germans are nerfed to hell",again ignoring the balance issues this game had and still has...Seriously kid,ignorance is bliss,but this?...so I'll let you live in your fantasy little world full of conspiracy theories,rainbows and unicorns,good luck making a fool of yourself
14 Sep 2013, 08:25 AM

Guys it's simple, grens help site for your MG, Mg shoots at targets. It's not a standalone unit anymore and it never was in COH1 and wasn't intended to be in COH2. Maybe it suppresses a tiny bit less than it should be if you use it correctly it's still absolutely deadly.
14 Sep 2013, 09:05 AM

MGs still very useful.

As stated in the reason for the change, you can't use it as a front line unit anymore.

Screen it with Grens and you will be fine. You can't just a-move to their cut off with it (which you could in the past). I'm on a 27 streak with Osteer many of which are this patch and I use MGs every game - player name Ozena.

This guy is pretty good and i recommend that you upload some replays for the community. :)
15 Sep 2013, 02:40 AM

I think the main problem with this patch is that it is impossible to suppress Ooohrah Conscripts with the MG.

Had a game where the my opponent blobbed up 3 cons squads with PPSH and my MG was doing squat in terms of suppressing them. They just ran through the cone of fire to kill my MG...

So, now, what we are dealing with is conscripts who now have the "fire up" button Relic so badly wanted to get rid of.
15 Sep 2013, 08:59 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I would increase the suppression by 10 percent and remove the awful bulletin
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 35
unknown 31
unknown 15
Germany 842

Ladders Top 10