Login

russian armor

GCS2 Barbarossa faction win rate

22 Jun 2018, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2018, 13:05 PMCieZ

Yeah, that's fair. I don't know that I'd tone down double LMGs any more though. They're already the worst upgrade in the game. Maybe nerf IS vet a bit instead? If you tone them down more, I don't think they'll be worth it.

Perhaps an idea indeed, but I don't know if further veterancy nerfs are the way to go. I rather think the problem with tommies being too good when they get a snare is their double lmg 5 men bolstered performance. They become absolutely too durable in that stage. Unfortunately, without adjusting the other things mentioned, they almost have to be.
22 Jun 2018, 14:14 PM

I dont get why the Brit AT gun would have to be nerfed. It´s just right as it is.

It´s a Pak 40 clone that has to fight heavier armoured vehicles than the Pak 40. It often fails to penetrate as is, making it any worse would be a very bad idea. The 6 pounder also has worse vet than Pak40.

There is no way Brens should be nerfed more either, they arent even good.

Pak 40 has to fight IS2 too, which has the same armor as the KT.
22 Jun 2018, 14:26 PM

I rather think the problem with tommies being too good when they get a snare is their double lmg 5 men bolstered performance. They become absolutely too durable in that stage. Unfortunately, without adjusting the other things mentioned, they almost have to be.

I'm not sure if you've kept up with balance updates but two patches ago section and royal engineer Recieve accuracy was nerfed quite heavily and last patch Brens were hit pretty hard with the nerfbat too.

5 man tommies with double brens are straight up inferior to double BAR rifles now, yet rifles are still allowed a snare no issues? Where is your logic here
22 Jun 2018, 14:42 PM

When was the last time you have seen IS-2 used by anyone?
Do people even remember how it looks?

You're much more likely to see high armor axis vehicle then allied one(unless you count KV-1 here as well as that's pretty decent one).
22 Jun 2018, 14:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2018, 14:42 PMKatitof

You're much more likely to see high armor axis vehicle then allied one(unless you count KV-1 here as well as that's pretty decent one).

I am not taking this bait buddy xd
22 Jun 2018, 14:58 PM

PLS explain which, in you opinion, is a high armor value.
22 Jun 2018, 15:36 PM

Why would anyone use IS2 unless you just won the game and want to wave you weiner around for giggles and shit, it's not a good unit, it's a terrible AI meat shield and it's just there to feed your enemies tank veterancy, it has no role whatsoever and it's a massive waste of resources. Do people even play this game anymore or just talk just for the sake of it?
22 Jun 2018, 15:39 PM

https://www.coh2.org/replay/81049/playing-okw-against-sov-increases-blood-pressure

Armored Assault is one of the most popular Sov commanders currently.

IS2 is used a lot, probably saw play in GCS last weekend but I didn't watch every game.
22 Jun 2018, 15:46 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2018, 15:39 PMCieZ

https://www.coh2.org/replay/81049/playing-okw-against-sov-increases-blood-pressure

Armored Assault is one of the most popular Sov commanders currently.

IS2 is used a lot, probably saw play in GCS last weekend but I didn't watch every game.

I think the IS2 is used more due to axis TDs lacking pen rather than the IS2 being good.... That and the possibility it can RNG wipe squads.
22 Jun 2018, 16:01 PM

I think the IS2 is used more due to axis TDs lacking pen rather than the IS2 being good.... That and the possibility it can RNG wipe squads.

I wasn’t making a statement regarding the balance of the IS2, I was pointing out that it is used a lot and is in one of the most popular Soviet commanders.

Burmie used it against me as well just a couple days ago. It’s a really good unit, maybe slightly too good. But again, not the point. Just pointing out Katitof isn’t necessarily up to date on the state of 1v1s with a statement like he made.
22 Jun 2018, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2018, 16:01 PMCieZ

Just pointing out Katitof isn’t necessarily up to date on the state of 1v1s with a statement like he made.

Well everyone should know that right? Kappa
22 Jun 2018, 16:53 PM

How did the myth of the "terribad IS2" even begin anyway? KT armour with much better mobility and turret traverse makes it super hard to kill.

Sure, I agree that it's the worst heavy tank offensively, its scatter and reload are bad. But it costs far less than KT and it doesn't have the KT's horrible immobility and turret traverse - it's an excellent spearhead tank.

It's a perfect complement to Soviet T3 play, and high ranked streamers use it/encounter it fairly often.
A_E
22 Jun 2018, 16:56 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

How did the myth of the "terribad IS2" even begin anyway? KT armour with much better mobility and turret traverse makes it super hard to kill.

Sure, I agree that it's the worst heavy tank offensively, its scatter and reload are bad. But it costs far less than KT and it doesn't have the KT's horrible immobility and turret traverse - it's an excellent spearhead tank.

It's a perfect complement to Soviet T3 play, and high ranked streamers use it/encounter it fairly often.

Uhm the game not being played to its potential probably.

With GCS2 making players like DevM and VonIvan etc. try their absolute hardest to find the exact meta and experiment along the way, it actually gives you a much fairer and more accurate way of playing the game.

Sure the IS2 is probably dog shit in the hands of me a casual 1v1 automatcher. But when it's been played as part of a DevM, penal ptrs, guards, sniper, and zis gun build it's not going to be bum rushed and taken out and it'll be allowed to achieve its potential.
22 Jun 2018, 16:59 PM

Because most people don´t play 1v1 (compare numbers of people in 2v2 ladders to 1v1 ladders). IS2 is used a lot in 1v1 because it´s a call in and hard to kill. It does it´s job. But in 2v2+ games drag on longer, which makes call-in units less impactful in general. Plus the IS2 struggles against the amount of massed AT guns + TD + tanks that are usually used in 2v2. That being said the IS2 can still do well in teamgames, just much more situational than in 1v1.
22 Jun 2018, 18:15 PM

How did the myth of the "terribad IS2" even begin anyway?...

Probably by people like the self-proclaimed "number 1 allied fanboy", who seem to feel the need to exaggerate about everything.
22 Jun 2018, 20:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

A regular unit is bad, when everything around it is OP. Nerf clutches and OP units, and suddenly units which haven't been touched have a place or niche to shine.

Also IS2 was slighty buffed IIRC. Still drunk but not as much.
22 Jun 2018, 21:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2018, 14:58 PMVipper

PLS explain which, in you opinion, is a high armor value.

I'd say pretty much everything that has at least 30% chance to bounce ATG shot at max range.
But that's how I'd evaluate that only.
22 Jun 2018, 21:12 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It would be interesting to hear from the actual players that played the Brits last weekend or played against them. However, they always seem to avoid these threads like the plague.

Perhaps create a thread especially for them?

I YOLO played brits against a much better player and got stomped. Does that make you feel better? The conclusion you should draw from the low amount of Brits games played is that they are unreliable and people avoid picking them.
22 Jun 2018, 21:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2018, 21:01 PMKatitof

I'd say pretty much everything that has at least 30% chance to bounce ATG shot at max range.
But that's how I'd evaluate that only.

Well for the USF AT gun that isn't much at all :lolol: No but really that'd be like anything more than and including the KV-1.
22 Jun 2018, 23:02 PM

Well for the USF AT gun that isn't much at all :lolol: No but really that'd be like anything more than and including the KV-1.

For USF non vehicular AT everything that is above StuG is heavy armor :snfPeter:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★