Login

russian armor

Vaux Farmlands

17 Jun 2018, 12:30 PM
Donator 22

Overall not a bad map. Things I would change:
The first few things are just to make pathing and flanking in the early game easier.

The southern house on the fuel is too powerful. So creating new ways of attacking it would reduce its power without getting rid of it completely.
The green box stands for sight blocking bushes so it has one weak point and can be flanked from the east with flamepios nades etc.
Also, you can contest the victory point without getting suppressed by an mg in the house. I would also damage it slightly so it has reduced health (goes against the theme of the map but I can't think of another option).

The last one is to clean out mid a bit, so by the late game every side has equal opportunity to attack. So removing the small shed would clean up pathing and open mid up.

That were just the points I came up after going over the map and that can be solved rather quickly. Feel fre do add everything I missed.
17 Jun 2018, 12:48 PM

I only have one thing to say about this map: remove fences or put holes in them so I dont have to vault all the time.
20 Jun 2018, 19:27 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Overall not a bad map. Things I would change:
The first few things are just to make pathing and flanking in the early game easier.

The southern house on the fuel is too powerful. So creating new ways of attacking it would reduce its power without getting rid of it completely.
The green box stands for sight blocking bushes so it has one weak point and can be flanked from the east with flamepios nades etc.
Also, you can contest the victory point without getting suppressed by an mg in the house. I would also damage it slightly so it has reduced health (goes against the theme of the map but I can't think of another option).

The last one is to clean out mid a bit, so by the late game every side has equal opportunity to attack. So removing the small shed would clean up pathing and open mid up.

That were just the points I came up after going over the map and that can be solved rather quickly. Feel fre do add everything I missed.

I agree with the fences, and maybe there are more, have to look. About the mdidle vp house , you know that left side has kind of a house too? But about your south fuel house changes. I am not with you, sorry. Tho I agree we have to find a solution for this.
21 Jun 2018, 10:30 AM
Donator 22

I agree with the fences, and maybe there are more, have to look. About the mdidle vp house , you know that left side has kind of a house too? But about your south fuel house changes. I am not with you, sorry. Tho I agree we have to find a solution for this.

I know that the left side has a small house too, but they can access mid way easier because of all the open space north of the small house, that's place to set up TDs, Paks MGs, right side doesn't have that.

What would you do for the Fuel house then? Care to elaborate why you think my solution doesn´t work?
22 Jun 2018, 01:39 AM

I'm surprised sturmpanther disagreed about the south fuel house change considering the north has 2 sides to its shack with no windows. It's exactly that that makes this map imbalanced because both fuels are closer to one side of the map for each team yet one is more defendable.

Like in my last thread that nobody paid attention to, houses especially ones with multiple windows, placed on valuable resource points or cut offs are bad design simply because every game you're constantly having to rush the houses, do fixed builds and strategies to clear them, and constantly being forced to watch them since they have the potential of being big game changers.
22 Jun 2018, 12:37 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I'm surprised sturmpanther disagreed about the south fuel house change considering the north has 2 sides to its shack with no windows. It's exactly that that makes this map imbalanced because both fuels are closer to one side of the map for each team yet one is more defendable.

Like in my last thread that nobody paid attention to, houses especially ones with multiple windows, placed on valuable resource points or cut offs are bad design simply because every game you're constantly having to rush the houses, do fixed builds and strategies to clear them, and constantly being forced to watch them since they have the potential of being big game changers.

I did not said that there will be no change coming. I just said that I disagree to make for right side a LoS blocker, but let left side open...

And in case both fuels are closer to one side --> we can move the fuel some meters to the other side.
Which side is in favour for the fuel?

And north side has no building at all on the fuel.
22 Jun 2018, 13:09 PM

I did not said that there will be no change coming. I just said that I disagree to make for right side a LoS blocker, but let left side open...

And in case both fuels are closer to one side --> we can move the fuel some meters to the other side.
Which side is in favour for the fuel?

And north side has no building at all on the fuel.

Yeah I agree with this...South side fuel house shouldnt have LOS towards right side while no LOS towards left. That would be very very unfair.
8 Aug 2018, 18:22 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I am sorry. There will be no changes. The time was limited and also kind of how many maps from Relic side. Since it will cost alot of ours for them to double check everything and testing as well.

Tho i have to say it was on a low priority list, since there were WAY WORSER maps out. So i think people can live with the live version of Vaux Farmland.
8 Oct 2018, 20:01 PM

So, its still of the priorities list?

I will really love the removal of some fences on the map
8 Oct 2018, 21:19 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

So, its still of the priorities list?

I will really love the removal of some fences on the map

Yeah i know but had no time to really think about this map. Esp.becasuse of south fuel house situation.

There were other maps around, which were way worser from balance problem.
Last mappatch and this one again has alot of 2vs2 maps anyway :)

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★