Login

russian armor

Remove the T34/76 model variant with the fuel tanks

18 Jun 2018, 06:58 AM

I skipped reading that because I don't agree. Unit recognition is something players will have to learn, just like tactics. I could distinguish a T34-85 from a T34-76 100/100 times at first glance.

And how is this any different from a comparison like the M4A3 Sherman and M4A3(76) Sherman?

Those are commander dependant and on different factions.

I've been playing this game since release, and only when they introduced the variation did it become an issue for me to easily identifying them.

18 Jun 2018, 07:05 AM

I skipped reading that because I don't agree. Unit recognition is something players will have to learn, just like tactics. I could distinguish a T34-85 from a T34-76 100/100 times at first glance.

And how is this any different from a comparison like the M4A3 Sherman and M4A3(76) Sherman?

This is a great point as it fits the T34 situation well.

Id say its important to be able to look at two tanks , lets say T34's , and know instantly which is an 85 and which is a 76. Just look for enlarged hull and longer barrel , and if you cant tell that at a glance just look at it more I guess?

Sherman applies too , just the same but with a longer barrel and muzzle break , easy to tell the difference.

I can see the OP's point , but in a game like this where many people are able to identify this kind of equipment much faster than the average Joe , I dont think it is needed.

Further to this the Crom and Centaur have the same hull , do we need to paint the centaur luminescent pink so people can tell the difference? :P

18 Jun 2018, 07:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2018, 12:17 PMwuff

Disagree, one of the best and most immersive features of ths game are its diverse looks. They should go even farther:

Tanks with sandbags, tanks with scratches and bullet holes,
soldiers with or without helmets, backpacks, coats or no coats, bandaids whatsoever. There should be an editor in which you can customize the appearance of your vehicles and squads (like in rocket league)

Relic missed a BIG opportunity there and could have maintained their reputation easily. I'm pretty sure people would have paid a lot of money for stuff like that

In MP games units must be easily recognisable. This was even one of Relics design mantras for the infantry and they should follow suit with vehicles as well.

The problem is here the basic shapes are far too similar.

for the 4v4 people, the biggest playerbase, the aesthetics would be very important, ask rosbone or a.soldier.

Also if you lose a game, it's surely not because you need half a second more to see what tank is on the screen at one moment a game
A_E
18 Jun 2018, 07:24 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

The sherman arguments are redundant here, yes they should do a better job of helping players distinguish between them too... just because they don't it doesn't mean that they should have added fuel barrels to T34-76s on a random basis like they did!
18 Jun 2018, 07:29 AM

for the 4v4 people, the biggest playerbase, the aesthetics would be very important, ask rosbone or a.soldier.

Also if you lose a game, it's surely not because you need half a second more to see what tank is on the screen at one moment a game

You're missing the point.

Visual language is very important, it has rules. Relic set the rules, bar this one vehicle, the only vehicle you can build that can have two different looks.

18 Jun 2018, 09:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2018, 06:58 AMwuff

Those are commander dependant and on different factions.

No, the M4A3(76) I mean is the USF commander based vehicle. It's a 1:1 comparison with the T34-85 in both availability and its distinction compared to its mainline baby brother.
18 Jun 2018, 11:03 AM

No, the M4A3(76) I mean is the USF commander based vehicle. It's a 1:1 comparison with the T34-85 in both availability and its distinction compared to its mainline baby brother.

You mean the easy8?

That is commander call in and imo is much easier to tell apart from the regular sherman, compared to the T34's
18 Jun 2018, 11:27 AM

Jesus Christ, there are three pages discussing that someone can not distinguish another tank.Not a balance, not a give us a finally
new mastersial. it's ridiculous.
18 Jun 2018, 12:50 PM

We are hitting new levels of idiocracy.

While you are at it, please change all the sherman variants.

Oh....

AND REMOVE MERGE as you can have 6 con model fighting in Guard/Shock/Penal etc squad. My enemy won't be able to tell the difference.

This thread is a joke.
18 Jun 2018, 13:04 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Yeah I give up. This thread shows how incappable a lot of people are at seeing reasons beyond their own.
18 Jun 2018, 13:21 PM

Players who knew about extra 3476 models asked for this implementation. Anyway, right after UKF release Cromwell and Comet looked very similar to me :megusta:
18 Jun 2018, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2018, 11:03 AMwuff

You mean the easy8?

That is commander call in and imo is much easier to tell apart from the regular sherman, compared to the T34's

No, I mean the 'reserve armor' ability of the mechanized commander that allows the USF to build M4A3(76) Sherman tanks at T3. That's the upgunned version that is literally an M4A3 clone with only the gun and mantlet being slightly different (while having an AT profile rather than AI).
18 Jun 2018, 14:41 PM

If anything it's the icons that throw me off between the T34s.
18 Jun 2018, 15:38 PM

There shouldn't be a half a second more to distinguish a damned tank for no balance reason.

It's annoying, poitnless and adds to confusion every time you have to asses the power of the tank you face.
(and half a second wasted equals 1 lost fight elsewhere).

The argument isn't "why should we remove it" the argument is "why the fuck add it in the first place?"
18 Jun 2018, 17:22 PM

No, I mean the 'reserve armor' ability of the mechanized commander that allows the USF to build M4A3(76) Sherman tanks at T3. That's the upgunned version that is literally an M4A3 clone with only the gun and mantlet being slightly different (while having an AT profile rather than AI).

Having looked at them, they're too similar imo. I mostly play 1v1 and if they could appear at the same time , I would have added them in original post.
18 Jun 2018, 17:31 PM

We are hitting new levels of idiocracy.

While you are at it, please change all the sherman variants.

Oh....

AND REMOVE MERGE as you can have 6 con model fighting in Guard/Shock/Penal etc squad. My enemy won't be able to tell the difference.

This thread is a joke.

A clear visual language is important, They're entire teams who work with this.

18 Jun 2018, 17:46 PM

IDK, I'm inclined to agree with OP. I mean it's nice that they added something that added a nice visual touch but I myself can't always distinguish which model I'm fighting - especially if it's a micro intensive moment when a tank suddenly adds a new level of chaos. 76 vs. 85 is a pretty big deal when you need to decide whether your P4 is likely to win or lose in a head up fight where that 1 extra shot to kill means a LOT. In the end ease of play >>> visual flourish.
18 Jun 2018, 17:56 PM

I wanna big red sign GRENADE!!! over PGs and other Elite infantry when the enemy uses bundle nade.

Also it would be nice to have a big message in the middle ART BARRAGE ICOMING in place of enemy uses that kind of fire.

Message: WARNING YOUR SNIPER iS UNDER ATACK would be sweet as well

Why not?
18 Jun 2018, 18:10 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Eh, just update the unit's shield icon since I would say those play a much bigger factor into identification than the model itself, it's the same for infantry. They stand out far more due to their solid red/blue colour and they float above the unit itself.
18 Jun 2018, 18:18 PM

The fact that this thread exists is proof that some people do have trouble telling the 76 and the 85 apart based on the turret.

The T-34/76 variant with the fuel cans was added in a patch because Relic and the patch team thought it'd add some nice visual variety.

The real question here is is that visual variety worth the additional difficulty it poses to some players?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★