Login

russian armor

(suggestion) Replace major with an M20 car upgrade.

16 Jun 2018, 18:03 PM

So the one of the most annoying things for me playing USF is the fragility of the Major, and how microintensive it is to equip my squads with weapons after training, especially in the later game.

So, Insteat of spawning a major, teching T4 for USF unlocks an upgrade for the Command car which allows it to deploy into a forward retreat point with weapon racks.

Just a run down of ideas that came to me:
- ONce upgraded, wooden weapon crates are strapped to the engine deck to show the upgrade.
- Long ish deploy/packup time? -10seconds to deploy and pack up.
- When deploying, the crew dismount from the Mg , set up a radio beacon like the major had and unstrap the weapon racks to the floor by the vehicle. The car is now a forward retreat point & weapon rack for BARS/Zooks.
- Can then be parked next to an ambo to form a forward retreat/reinforce point.
- Make the recon ability a target anywhere thing, and take away the arty strike. (MAybe in return for a smoke strike to cover it if it needs to undeploy to run from a panther rush of something?

This feels more sensible to me than the major's squad, which is just a pain to use. It also slots in to the whole 'command car thing' and cuts away the logistic micro from the faction. (microing weapon racks and squads too and from the HQ has led to me losing frontline fights)

Is this a decent or spectacularly bad idea?

18 Jun 2018, 15:34 PM

There was a guy and his friend on Steam that made it so infantry can "garrison" tanks, it just so happens they also made your idea a long time ago and he even showed me a picture but I lost it of the WC51 Jeep being able to setup and deploy the crates with weapons and I think also had an antenna at the back or something like that. I'll contact him asking for it.

Edit: Nvm he hasn't been online in about an year.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 48
unknown 17
Germany 7
unknown 4
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L