Login

russian armor

What do you most look forward to in CoH 2?

24 Nov 2012, 20:38 PM

Sorry. Short circuited. That Currency is towards Singleplayer DLC. i think it was said in the gamereactor interview actually.

Thank you!
24 Nov 2012, 20:53 PM
Caster Badge

You are welcome :) So basically it's just a little money gift really. Just worded in a somewhat obtuse manner to be honest. But that is marketing lingo for you.
25 Nov 2012, 03:45 AM

http://www.relicnews.com/articles/company-of-heroes-2-pre-alpha-hands-on/#ToC

"Following on from this, Relic are looking at some alternatives for veterancy. Quinn Duffy talked about possible ideas for unit veterancy being more than just a stat bonus, for example by having a defensive bonus showing itself by the unit automatically changing formation as it levels to a more spread-out formation that makes them less vulnerable to area of effect weapons such as grenades and artillery."

this sounds pretty awesome to me
25 Nov 2012, 06:14 AM

A good observer and replay viewing UI
25 Nov 2012, 15:05 PM
Senior Editor Badge

observer mode, anti cheat, a better replay system, a better ladder system....
25 Nov 2012, 15:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge

observer-mode would be :drool:
25 Nov 2012, 15:55 PM

Observer mode will bring me and my friends much closer! It'll be kick ass!
25 Nov 2012, 21:37 PM

-tanks not changing targets between move orders
-units not jumping out of cover
-an early beta
25 Nov 2012, 22:35 PM

Noobs to stomp on.
25 Nov 2012, 22:36 PM

-units not jumping out of cover
-an early beta

didn't you see the pre-alpha footage? units were still jumping around like fucking madmen :-P
also, early beta access is only for guys that were fortunate enough to get those key cards at conventions or at some of the key giveaways at streams. those that actually paid money get left out of the loop.
25 Nov 2012, 22:54 PM

observer mode will be very cool, especially for the commentators as it will be a live cast then. Makes it more intense i guess!
26 Nov 2012, 07:26 AM

Just the Russians as a whole. I'd been begging for Russians in a CoH game since before CoH2 was even announced as a "thing."
27 Nov 2012, 14:22 PM
Donator 33

How they are gonna make the Ruskies likeable. The US has the advantage of Hollywood, making us all care - "Bring the ammo Upham" - but the Russians? I have no idea...
3 Dec 2012, 14:09 PM

Much better UI; observer mode; native tools for viewing, managing, posting and analyzing replays; better & faster automatching system (like COHO); better netcoding; much wider choice of balanced maps (for ranked matches).

Imho, observer mode and replays management are key for easing the learning curve/helping new players into the game.

Observer mode is also a good tool vs. cheating: You want to play ranked and to be recognised in the community? Fair enough, let us see what you are doing.

Concerns: I struggle to grasp how the Cold mechanic and the random ice storms won't hurt the pace and balance of the game under the competitive point of view.
5 Dec 2012, 00:21 AM

5% feature of course.
5 Dec 2012, 13:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge

How they are gonna make the Ruskies likeable. The US has the advantage of Hollywood, making us all care - "Bring the ammo Upham" - but the Russians? I have no idea...

:ot:the scary thing is that soviet union are very likeable on the net, you don't want to know all those wanna be commies that make themselves at home on the inter web. i say wannabe because they never lived in communism they just admire it from the comfort of democracy. (not that democracy is perfect its far from.)

as for the Germans well they are also very likeable on the interwebs both for there nazi assoicaation :( and there military history :).
5 Dec 2012, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2012, 13:55 PMWiFiDi

:ot:the scary thing is that soviet union are very likeable on the net you don't want to know all those wanna be commies that make themselves at home on the inter web. i say wannabe because they never lived in communism they just admire it from the comfort of democracy. (not that democracy is perfect its far from.)

as for the Germans well they are also very likeable on the interwebs both for there nazi assoicaation :( and there military history :).

That's Bullshit, Soviets and Germans are very "likeable" because the huge war and the mighty armies and their units. The fact they were comunists or nazists is irrelevant in games.
6 Dec 2012, 04:22 AM

I would like to be able to zoom all the way out to basically the tactical map view with the regular zoom control. Or at least be able to zoom out much more than we can now, so you can see more of the map at once.
6 Dec 2012, 04:51 AM

I would like to be able to zoom all the way out to basically the tactical map view with the regular zoom control. Or at least be able to zoom out much more than we can now, so you can see more of the map at once.

done.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS