Login

russian armor

why do gaurds drop weapons so much?

2 Sep 2013, 06:02 AM

I have noticed that guards almost always drop their upgraded weapons after 1-2 deaths. This causes a big problem because in COH2 picking up weapons is not intuitive, you have to look for the right angle to select the weapon. Often that means waiting too long before retreating.

So why do guards drop their weapons so much, is it a bug?
2 Sep 2013, 06:04 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Guards Rifle are famous for having their hands constantly coated in lard. It's tradition.
2 Sep 2013, 06:09 AM
Donator 11

WAY DO GUARDS FALL IN LOVE....
2 Sep 2013, 06:30 AM

Once you upgrade Guards with DPS machine guns they are holding 4 weapons (2 at-rifles, 2 dps-mgs) which means once you lose 2 men they have a chance of dropping weapons (no one is left holding a rifle once 2 men die). This means they drop more weapons relative to many other squads.
2 Sep 2013, 08:45 AM
Benefactor 115

They always drop the DPS first right?
2 Sep 2013, 15:23 PM

Once you upgrade Guards with DPS machine guns they are holding 4 weapons (2 at-rifles, 2 dps-mgs) which means once you lose 2 men they have a chance of dropping weapons (no one is left holding a rifle once 2 men die). This means they drop more weapons relative to many other squads.

while i can't recall how the game mechanics regarding this work exactly, the gist of what you are saying is true. i think it had something to do with the weapon slots though (remember: squads might have more weapon slots than they have members, and certain weapons might take up more than 1 slot).

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2013, 08:45 AMtuvok

iirc, in vcoh (and everything i metioned above is from vcoh too, it might have changed though) certain weapons had higher drop chances than others, but apart from that there was no set "drop order".
2 Sep 2013, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2013, 08:45 AMtuvok

They drop whatever the model is holding.
3 Sep 2013, 09:44 AM

They drop whatever the model is holding.

wrong, it is another mechanic designed to give germans more of an advantage, like they really need it.
3 Sep 2013, 10:53 AM

wrong, it is another mechanic designed to give germans more of an advantage, like they really need it.

? I don't really understand your reasoning here. The German dedicated AT infantry would be PGrens with Shreks, and if they lose 2 guys they become in risk of losing their weapons, same as guards.

But someone else said it best, they have a high chance of losing their weapons, because once you upgrade their mgs the squad is running around with 4 specialized guns, which means a high drop rate. Same reason why stormtroopers were so risky in vcoh with double shreks/stgs.
3 Sep 2013, 11:06 AM
Benefactor 115

The German dedicated AT infantry would be PGrens with Shreks, and if they lose 2 guys they become in risk of losing their weapons, same as guards..

no, shrecks always fall back to other models in the squad, you have to wipe the squad out to make them drop
3 Sep 2013, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2013, 11:06 AMtuvok

no, shrecks always fall back to other models in the squad, you have to wipe the squad out to make them drop

No, once the squad falls to two-man, they drop shreks.

There's only a percentage chance of weapon drops; they don't drop 100% of the time, that would just be retarded.
3 Sep 2013, 14:35 PM

With guards it is probably just more noticeable because when shooting a squad down to 1 man you have 3 chance to drop a weapon whereas with PGrens you only have 1 chance. Or 4 chances vs. 2 chances when wiping a squad.

And I've definitely had PGrens drop a single Panzerschreck when reduced from 2 to 1.
3 Sep 2013, 22:46 PM

everyone has probably noticed more guards drops because guards are so fkn easy to kill, by anything.
3 Sep 2013, 22:53 PM

This is not correct. They have exactly the same armor a Grenadiers and Panzergrenadiers and they have a larger squad size, which means the squad has more health than those two.
4 Sep 2013, 05:52 AM

No, once the squad falls to two-man, they drop shreks.

There's only a percentage chance of weapon drops; they don't drop 100% of the time, that would just be retarded.

Fair enough,Guards drop weapons per death but PGrens don't,no that would be indeed retarded...we wouldn't want to have Soviet Anti-Tank Infantry now wouldn't we?It would destroy the balance,it's like saying Soviets can mount MG42's,which is of course impossible,the crew being olympic athletes at 100 meters sprint with a 11 kg weapon on the back and are,as the myth told us,non-flamable creatures it seems
4 Sep 2013, 06:52 AM

This.
4 Sep 2013, 06:53 AM

Permanently Banned
I dont know the real drop rates, or how the system of moving a droppable weapon from one model to a surviving model works.

Cant really informedly comment until we know those, and neither can anyone else.
4 Sep 2013, 14:49 PM

Looking through the weapon files, I found drop rates. However, any weapon that is capable of dropping (i.e. PTRS rifle which is droppable vs G43 which is NOT droppable) has a .33 drop_rate, whereas all other items have a 0 drop_rate.

Code
| slot_item_bag: {
| | always_pick_up: false;
| | can_stack: false;
| | can_stack_max: 1f;
| | drop_item_entity: "soviet_guard_ptrs_mp";
| | drop_rate: 0.33f;
| | hardpoint: 1f;
| | has_speech_code: true;
| | is_entity_user: false;
| | item_uses: 0f;

The Panzershreck is the only item that has 3 seperate entries, in which all other droppable items simply have one entry.
Panzershreck has:
Code
panzershreck_mp
panzershreck_slot1_mp
panzershreck_slot2_mp

Again, the other weapons are simply weaponname_mp, which might explain if shrecks really do only drop when they are at 2 models or below; though anecdotally I can't say if this is true or not.

If there aren't other mechanics at work, ALL droppable items have a 33% chance to be dropped on model death, and a guard squad has the most items out of all squads in the game that can be dropped.
4 Sep 2013, 15:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2013, 14:49 PMEndeav
Looking through the weapon files, I found drop rates. However, any weapon that is capable of dropping (i.e. PTRS rifle which is droppable vs G43 which is NOT droppable) has a .33 drop_rate, whereas all other items have a 0 drop_rate.

Code
| slot_item_bag: {
| | always_pick_up: false;
| | can_stack: false;
| | can_stack_max: 1f;
| | drop_item_entity: "soviet_guard_ptrs_mp";
| | drop_rate: 0.33f;
| | hardpoint: 1f;
| | has_speech_code: true;
| | is_entity_user: false;
| | item_uses: 0f;

The Panzershreck is the only item that has 3 seperate entries, in which all other droppable items simply have one entry.
Panzershreck has:
Code
panzershreck_mp
panzershreck_slot1_mp
panzershreck_slot2_mp

Again, the other weapons are simply weaponname_mp, which might explain if shrecks really do only drop when they are at 2 models or below; though anecdotally I can't say if this is true or not.

If there aren't other mechanics at work, ALL droppable items have a 33% chance to be dropped on model death, and a guard squad has the most items out of all squads in the game that can be dropped.

Thanks Endeav,that would explain why shreck drops are so rare...would be nice if they dropped those sexy MP 44's though :)
4 Sep 2013, 17:13 PM

Thanks Endeav,that would explain why shreck drops are so rare...would be nice if they dropped those sexy MP 44's though :)

I'm fine with that as long as PPSh also becomes a drop.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★