Login

russian armor

why do gaurds drop weapons so much?

4 Sep 2013, 17:21 PM

or double the damage output of the PTRS and make it one rifle per squad?

The US rifleman used to have 3 BAR per squad, but relic changed it to 2 BAR per squad but keeps the DPS output were roughly the same, these makes the squad drop weapons less likely
4 Sep 2013, 17:25 PM

I'm fine with that as long as PPSh also becomes a drop.

Make all weapons drop ;)...in fact,I want equipment drop too...and to customize my soldier like in Sims :)
4 Sep 2013, 17:41 PM

Permanently Banned
I dont think PTRS should drop at all.

DTs, yes. But not PTRS, as they are integral to Guards and in the purchase cost.

No other non-support infantry unit drops its native weaponry.
4 Sep 2013, 17:42 PM

I dont think PTRS should drop at all.

DTs, yes. But not PTRS, as they are integral to Guards and in the purchase cost.

No other non-support infantry unit drops its native weaponry.

Probably the same thought process behind bazookas and RR, infantry at weapons can be dropped regardless of the source.
4 Sep 2013, 18:00 PM

Make all weapons drop ;)...in fact,I want equipment drop too...and to customize my soldier like in Sims :)

So you're fine with the Stg44 becoming a drop but not the PPSh. I see.

Well then, I think it's about time this thread was closed; nothing constructive is going to happen here. And people wonder why the official CoH2 forums are a clutter of locked threads.
4 Sep 2013, 18:05 PM

Well a question was asked, and I answered it with game code. I am unsure about how shrecks drop, which could be a point of discussion.
4 Sep 2013, 22:24 PM

So you're fine with the Stg44 becoming a drop but not the PPSh. I see.

Well then, I think it's about time this thread was closed; nothing constructive is going to happen here. And people wonder why the official CoH2 forums are a clutter of locked threads.

Uhm,are we speaking the same language??...I think I just said make all weapons drop,that being more of a exagerated wish...customizing soldiers was meant as a joke,don't know what you understood:)
5 Sep 2013, 00:58 AM

Uhm,are we speaking the same language??...I think I just said make all weapons drop,that being more of a exagerated wish...customizing soldiers was meant as a joke,don't know what you understood:)

Oh, you were being serious. I thought you were being sarcastic. Pardon my misinterpretation.

But in any case, I don't know how they could possibly change drop mechanics that would make it consistent with all squads. Perhaps like Ugbear suggested except with the DP instead, since the LMG upgrade for grenadiers is also one gun - this makes the most sense considering only one DP is needed to button anyway.

Realistically, I don't think PPSh and Stg44 can be made to drop because then you'd have 6 Shock Troops and 4 (vanilla) Panzergrenadiers dropping guns everywhere.
5 Sep 2013, 14:16 PM

Oh, you were being serious. I thought you were being sarcastic. Pardon my misinterpretation.

But in any case, I don't know how they could possibly change drop mechanics that would make it consistent with all squads. Perhaps like Ugbear suggested except with the DP instead, since the LMG upgrade for grenadiers is also one gun - this makes the most sense considering only one DP is needed to button anyway.

Realistically, I don't think PPSh and Stg44 can be made to drop because then you'd have 6 Shock Troops and 4 (vanilla) Panzergrenadiers dropping guns everywhere.

Sorry too for the rough reply,no offense meant ;)...as for the droping and customizing that is just some wishfull thinking,I meant that it would be fun to pick up droped weapons and customizing your army,not just tank camos but that is another issue
6 Sep 2013, 06:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2013, 18:05 PMEndeav
Well a question was asked, and I answered it with game code. I am unsure about how shrecks drop, which could be a point of discussion.

I interpret it with slot1, slot 2 etc, including my personal experience that shreck moves to next available squad member (since I can only remember dropping shreck when down to one squad member)

also I seem to remember number of occasions I killed/lost entire squads of PG's without shreck being left on the ground

With rifles it seems that it might be RNG (33% chance of dropping), I seem to remember dropping weapons when losing first and not dropping at all even when down to 1-2 squad members...
But I am not sure about memory bits, I wasn't paying that much attention.

One thing I did pay attention to is, it is almost always AT rifle that is dropped
6 Sep 2013, 07:42 AM

Permanently Banned
Until we know if there is an internal system for transferring weapons to surviving models, and how it works, cant say for sure.

If PTRS is moved from model to model, the droprate will seem higher, because since there are more models that inherit the gun, there are more chanced for it to roll a drop.

On PGrens youd only get 2 chances for a droo before there are only 2 models to inherit, wheras on Guard it could cycle through 4 possible droppers.
6 Sep 2013, 07:43 AM

Yeah, can just guess like nullist said ^
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight